Maya Key or Turquoise Bay?

KATHYMAC68

• 4 weeks later...

Have you looked at the pictures of Turquoise Bay on their website? They seem to suggest shallows like Sandy Bay. Roatan’s Best Dive Value | Turquoise Bay Dive Resort (turquoisebayresort.com)

Maya Key also has a website, and the water definitely looks clear. More possibility for snorkeling as well. Maya Key Private Island Retreat | Roatan

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

Thank you!

I’m going with Maya Key. The animals and pool were the deciding factors.

I have been to both although not recently.

i would return to both but they very different experiences and it would probably depend on who I was traveling with.

Not sure if you have any specific questions or needs?

On 4/17/2024 at 7:04 PM, KATHYMAC68 said:

Thank you!

I’m going with Maya Key. The animals and pool were the deciding factors.

We did Maya Key on our Carnival Cruise recently. The snorkeling was excellent. You go off the end of a pier off the beach. They have guides for you. The beach itself is calm and clear. The animals are all rescues, many confiscated from travelers at the local airport. The food was good. You get a single pass through the food line. Bar has all kinds of drinks, but you pay as you go. We had a good time!

2 hours ago, dctravel said:

We did Maya Key on our Carnival Cruise recently. The snorkeling was excellent. You go off the end of a pier off the beach. They have guides for you. The beach itself is calm and clear. The animals are all rescues, many confiscated from travelers at the local airport. The food was good. You get a single pass through the food line. Bar has all kinds of drinks, but you pay as you go. We had a good time!

How was the pool?

Was it safe to snorkel there? Someone posted that you’re in shallow water and the coral is high. They were getting cut up.

4 minutes ago, KATHYMAC68 said:

How was the pool?

Was it safe to snorkel there? Someone posted that you’re in shallow water and the coral is high. They were getting cut up.

My daughter got coral burn many years ago when she was suddenly caught in a strong current. As posted above sometimes there is someone guiding you and I think there are ropes or something now so it may be easier to stay on course.

we have enjoyed the pool. It is away from the beach.

• Like 2