'Twas the Cruise Over Easter - 9 Day Southern Caribbean - March 29 - April 7, 2024

POA1

18 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the review on the sea bass. I will try it if it is on the menu during our next cruise. I am not a fan of Prime Rib, however, Suzi is, and she is envious as she has never had a portion that big on a HAL ship. 

You're not alone. We've never seen a slice that large either. Michelle was wondering when the other three people were going to show up to help her eat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

34 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I grabbed a copy of the Rotterdam Art Tour yesterday. It's a paper copy, so I'll have to scan it back at Cheer HQ. It's a slightly different format. They show a deck plan with the locations of the various installations.

Very much looking forward to that.  It's a big ship to wander around in and a map would be ideal.

• Like 4

Greetings, bread pudding officiandos! Cinnamon roll bread pudding with warm vanilla rum sauce tonight. We're at Morimoto by Sea, so we will miss it.

Team Fruit Crisp - still nothin'. 😠

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

Greetings, bread pudding officiandos! Cinnamon roll bread pudding with warm vanilla rum sauce tonight. We're at Morimoto by Sea, so we will miss it.

I can't wait !!!!!!! 😍

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Our verdict on Chogogo? It's definitely worth the $25 per person cost. Just remember that they limit the number of day passes to 30 people per day. You'll want to be up and off the ship early because the resort desk opens at 8:00 AM.

A taxi from the pier to the resort is $15. Same price for the return trip. We shared a minivan cab with another couple from the Rotterdam, who just like us, thought that they were the only ones who knew about it. We're in port with the RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas. We had the earlier docking time, which helped. Even so, there were 10 people in front of us.

I put the link below, in case you want to see the menus. As a point of reference, your $10 back on the $25 day pass fee will get you two beers.

https://chogogobonaire.com/beach/

Edited by POA1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Here's what we are having.

morimoto-by-sea_00000_updated.thumb.png.a61c2132d130393cfcc2dec4cc8015aa.png

We're going to cover all the bases, except for the ramen on the appetizers.

morimoto-by-sea_00001_updated.thumb.png.af4d96f06d464f179666534fce866525.png

If you are guessing that Michelle is ordering the Dark Chocolate Sphere, pat yourself on the back. You are a winner!

morimoto-by-sea.pdf

Edited by POA1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

You know those plaques you encounter in the hallways around ship? I enjoy reading them. I found one for Joska, a guide dog. It commemorates his reaching 700 days aboard Holland America vessels.

17121731571299.thumb.jpg.a3b1f8adf80ebf66aa4a771a70bad4db.jpg

The plaque reads:

26 October 2022

Guide dog Joska for 700 nights on a Holland America Line cruise ship. Blindguide dog Joska 700 nights on a Holland America Line cruise ship

Joska has sailed so far on: Joska has sailed so far on: Ms. Amsterdam - Ms. Eurodam - Ms. Koningsdam - Ms. Maasdam - Ms. New Amsterdam - Ms. Nieuw Statendam - Ms. Oosterdam - Ms. Prinsendam - Ms. Rijndam - Ms. Rotterdam - Ms. Veendam - Ms. Westerdam - Ms. Zaandam - Ms. Zuiderdam

Joska is a blindguide dog from KNGF (The Royal Dutch Guide Dog Foundation)

17121736122070.thumb.jpg.0a878a19c3ae1cd94f5ebe8ceb139670.jpg

There is also one from our home port, Port Everglades. There is a PEV plaque on every HAL ship currently sailing. (The puppy plaque is way cooler though.)

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

Looking forward to your experience on Morimoto! Normally I would go for chocolate-anything, but I recall reading someone said how good the white chocolate lime ganache was. Well I guess white chocolate would count, too!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Looking forward to your experience on Morimoto! Normally I would go for chocolate-anything, but I recall reading someone said how good the white chocolate lime ganache was. Well I guess white chocolate would count, too!

I'm leaning toward the Tofu Cheesecake. It almost seems like it would be a dare. Tofu? In cheesecake?

My dessert choice is almost always the one Michelle would get if she didn't choose the one she ordered. (I'm usually the dessert backstop guy.)

I may throw this out to our server and see what's suggested.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, AroundWithMAPTravels said:

…with maybe a quick trip to lido afterwards fir a “spoonful” of bread pudding (for science)?🤪

The Lido only had regular and raisin bread pudding. The fancy one is MDR-only. It's a reward for wearing long pants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Posted (edited)

Saw these signs by the pool towels around the ship. I have no idea how much they enforce the 30 minute rule, but it could give cover for vigilante pool chair justice.

17121781105322.thumb.jpg.3d4b7fec9b65e20e53eb763cadfdd565.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT RESERVE POOL DECK CHAIRS

CHAIRS LEFT UNOCCUPIED OR RESERVED FOR OVER 30 MINUTES WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER GUESTS

Edited by POA1
Added sign text
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, POA1 said:

I grabbed a copy of the Rotterdam Art Tour yesterday. It's a paper copy, so I'll have to scan it back at Cheer HQ. It's a slightly different format. They show a deck plan with the locations of the various installations.

You know I'm already a supporter, even w/o a preview!!

Dec on K'dam, I got a copy - like NS, it did not have a deck plan. I really like the idea of including a deck plan for a more in-depth experience. I'm so excited!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, POA1 said:

Uh oh - when I signed up for Team Puddin', I didn't know it was "either/or" not "both." 🤔

I thought I was on Team Crispy Puddin' 😕  That's the hybrid team that gets to enjoy both bread pudding and fruit crisps with no additional calories, right? Cuz that's the one I signed up for, lol.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, QuattroRomeo said:

I though this sounded fabulous,  I would just have it w/the coconut foam.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

I though this sounded fabulous,  I would just have it w/the coconut foam.

Me too. We have 2 reservations on an upcoming cruise for Morimoto, so I will definitely be trying it..! As POA1 would say, "for research"...😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, POA1 said:

Has the sticky toffee pudding version showed up yet?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Uh oh - when I signed up for Team Puddin', I didn't know it was "either/or" not "both." 🤔

I thought I was on Team Crispy Puddin' 😕  That's the hybrid team that gets to enjoy both bread pudding and fruit crisps with no additional calories, right? Cuz that's the one I signed up for, lol.

I fall into the same camp. I was intrigued by the cinnamon roll version of bread pudding, and I'm sure I could ask them to save one for me, but I just leave it for the list of "things that coulda been."

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Has the sticky toffee pudding version showed up yet?

That sounds do good - I'm really looking forward to reading the test results. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, POA1 said:

Do you ask at CS for a copy? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bajae said:

Do you ask at CS for a copy? 

Yes. I got it from the front desk.

Here's a snap of a page so you can see the format.

17121836669585.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5