I'm really enjoying all of the positive reviews here lately!

Posted (edited)

It seems Celebrity has listened to criticisms, and their food, service and attention to detail has improved over the past couple of months.  The nicest part of all is we are no longer hearing the anger from butler-deprived Sky Suite guests...and there was a lot of it.

We have absolutely loved our last two cruises (Eclipse and Apex) and can't wait for our next one.  All they need to do now is lower the Retreat prices!

Edited by CruisinShips
  • Like 12

I agree.  Although my take is things were never as bad as some made it out to be.  Some became hyper focused on one element and allowed it to influence their trip or they were convinced of shortcoming without actually stepping on ship.  I also believe that things in some areas are not as great as others claim.  Reality is hanging out somewhere in the middle.  Everybody cruises a little differently; so things important to one may not even make the next person's radar etc.

It's been interesting to see some posters who swore they were done with Celebrity forever continuing to hang around.  Either going out somewhere different wasn't as glamorous as they thought or all the new opinions of positivity brought them back.

I may be picky, but remain quite pleased with one little extra perk on Celebrity:  cloth towels in the public restrooms.  It is such a nice touch to make the Celebrity experience more luxurious than other mid-priced cruise lines.   

So glad Decoy is back!   

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

I may be picky, but remain quite pleased with one little extra perk on Celebrity:  cloth towels in the public restrooms.  It is such a nice touch to make the Celebrity experience more luxurious than other mid-priced cruise lines.   

So glad Decoy is back!   

I agree about the bathrooms and they are always so clean! We were on Crown Princess and there bathrooms were poorly set up and small, I felt like I was in a department store or fast food restaurant bathroom.

This past January my wife and I were on the Silhouette for 10 days and it was very nice. It had been four years since our last cruise and we didn't notice anything wrong. As a matter of fact, there was more staff around and definitely more bar waitstaff than before. I thought they had done away with the bar carts and it seemed like they always had two going around this trip.

We ate in Blue and it was very good and the buffet seemed to be on par with other trips.

All in all, it was a great trip.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I returned a couple of weeks ago from a 12-night cruise on Constellation, out of Tampa. It was absolutely the best cruise I have been on since the return from Covid. The ship was immaculately clean, my Aqua class cabin looked like it was never used. The food in Blu was the best I have had on Celebrity, since the restart, and that includes some cruises where I dined in Luminae. I generally eat a salad for lunch in the OV. The lettuce was fresh, the salad bar had lots of options, and the shrimp on the last day were plentiful and good-sized,The crew was friendly, happy, and wanting to please. The entertainment was a little lacking, but not enough to complain about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 1:10 PM, Saturngrl said:

So glad Decoy is back!   

I totally agree with you.  The cloth towels were a nice touch as well as having an attendant in the bathroom working hard to keep the bathroom stalls and sinks clean.  Those attendants work very hard.   Very much appreciated their efforts!!!