​ LIVE! * Harmony OTS * April 7 - 14, 2024 * ATS-2 🤩 ​

Wife and I are heading out on the Harmony in July. I'm looking forward to your review. There's not a lot of discussion on the Harmony on these boards lately.

I've reserved Cabanas at Chankanaab for my last two visits since Covid and they are excellent! Quiet, comfortable, not a lot of people, and fun snorkeling. Service is really good.

I'm thinking about Hayhu in Costa Maya, Big French Key in Roatan, and Scuba in Cozumel.

I'm also local and live close to Galveston so let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cruisinfly said:

I'm also local and live close to Galveston so let me know if you have any questions!

Awesome! How easy is it to grab Uber/Lyft? Is one better than the other? Have you been to The Founder's Bar in the Grand Galvez? We will be staying at Home2Suites in Galveston. 

22 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Interesting. It’s funny how some people get it and some don’t. As stated earlier by @mac_tlc I doubt they do much with it. I think it is fun just to answer the crazy questions! 😂

That survey was insane. At first I was like 'oooh, these are good tidbits to throw in my butler letter for future trips', then it transitioned into 'well gee, this is getting a bit too close to comfort', and then went full on jumping the shark with those last few.

Would love to hear how you guys answered some of them over in the land of open communication 😉 

Would love to try Star class one day and that Iconic suite on Celebrity is in the bucket list of winning the lottery activities, but even with my great deal scouring I have yet to find one that was sub 1K/pp/day. Too rich for my blood unless there's a mega celebration going on.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Would love to hear how you guys answered some of them over in the land of open communication 😉 

That is doable. It’s on my computer but happy to share when we get back. It was quite humorous at times. 😂 Glad you are following along. Once I retire anything is possible regarding future 🐭 cruises. 😎🥂

9 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

I think we can make that happen. 😏🥂🍾🎉

Once the job situation is more secure, any day can easily be turned into something to celebrate so that's no problem. Once you're fully retired, between the 2 of us I'm sure we'll find something that works finally with both our schedules for that long overdue gathering. If we time it right with a good deal on an inside cabin, we may even be able to convince some of the less high roller friends to tag along.

For now, I'm happy to live vicariously through you and your amazing adventures. I have no problem letting you test the waters for us, as we tend to place priorities on what makes a trip 'good' in the same buckets as us.

• Like 1

We are having more cold RAIN here in Hermosa Beach, CA! Ugh. Glad I didn’t have to drive to work today.

Our weather has been more east-coast like not the usual SoCal sunny warm weather we are used to. It is 48 degrees F outside RN not the usual 65-70 degrees. Crazy. Can’t wait for the warm Galveston temps!

IMG_5252.thumb.jpeg.54036b169b98cc741849d089cf2693e9.jpeg

Royal shuts down the ability to book anything two days before you cruise. You will be able to book onboard but the prices may not be discounted. Keep that in mind if you are waiting for prices to drop before booking dining, drinks or excursions. 

IMG_5246.jpeg

Yup - just posted about in the land of the free...

You're probably used to them being on the West coast, but us here on the East it's always new and an odd feeling. Whole house was rumbling and shaking for about 30 seconds. Thought it was a low plane but then it got stronger and didn't go away. No damage or anything bad here near me, and felt lower than the one we had about 10 years ago. But always an odd thing, not sure how you guys get used to them.

For anyone traveling though, airports here in the tri-state area are on shut down at the moment. So again, for folks that like to roll the dice and fly in on the day of a cruise - anything can happen to delay your flight. So CT, NJ, and all airports in NY are grounded at the moment.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

For anyone traveling though, airports here in the tri-state area are on shut down at the moment. So again, for folks that like to roll the dice and fly in on the day of a cruise - anything can happen to delay your flight. So CT, NJ, and all airports in NY are grounded at the moment.

Why? The earthquake? 

2 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Why? The earthquake? 

Yeah, out of precaution to make sure there were no issues or damages to buildings and for anticipated aftershocks. LGA was opened back up quickly as they had a recent huge renovation where most structures there are up to and above current code.

Posted (edited)

@HBCcruiser, not sure what dinner schedule Wendy has set up for you but if you like steak, night 1 @CK is usually filet night. Imho, CK does a better filet than the specialties and is not to be missed. We used to avoid CK for dinner when sailing Star but once we had that filet...always CK for Filet night, lol. Also, we love breakfast en suite when we are Star on sea days ( we usually order from CK menu). Be sure to set up Starbucks (included) coffee delivery every morning otherwise you'll end up with room service coffee. Good but who doesn't prefer specialty coffees. Ask Wendy if you can schedule activities around breakfast.  Oh, one last thing, Escape Room looks like ot is open on Harmony again. Be sure to get her to schedule it, it is a blast...included with Star. Ok, one last last thing. Watch Aqua show once from ATS and once in the actual theater...different experiences. Also, Johnny Rockets milkshakes are great during the Aqua Show when in the theater. Dont be afraid to ask. 

Edited by Boz575
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Yeah, out of precaution to make sure there were no issues or damages to buildings and for anticipated aftershocks. LGA was opened back up quickly as they had a recent huge renovation where most structures there are up to and above current code.

Right. Makes sense. LAX would not close down due to a 4.8 but all structures out here have to be built to withstand earthquakes. Not so back east, especially with older buildings. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Boz575 said:

again. Be sure to get her to schedule it, it is a blast...included with Star

It’s free for Star class? Hmmm we may reconsider then. We had no desire to spend $48 per person but if free maybe. Thx! 

Posted (edited)

Yep. Included. It pops up on your bill and your genie wipes it away. Definitely do it. Also don't forget the suite sun deck. We always have the most fun up there. 

Edited by Boz575
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Boz575 said:

Yep. Included. It pops up on your bill and your genie wipes it away. Definitely do it. Also don't forget the suite sun deck. We always have the most fun up there. 

I plan on it if the weather is good. If not we will still check out the bar. Also, I must check out the suite areas to see how they compare to NCL Haven areas. Inquiring minds may want to know! 😎

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Site wont let me see your attachment but CK night 1 is a great choice. I hadn't realized you are from west coast and this is your first sailing from Texas. Let me to be the first to say "Welcome Y'all". 

Edited by Boz575
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

how they compare to NCL Haven

You'll disappointed with this. NCL hands down. Royal has started using the haven concept on the newer ships. Who cares, lol, your going to have a blast. 

• Like 1