​ LIVE! * Harmony OTS * April 7 - 14, 2024 * ATS-2 🤩 ​

I must say that the Roll Call for our cruise here on CC has been a little sparse. On the sitethatshallnotbenamed, though, it is hoppin! In fact, there are about 8+ of us who have cabins fairly close to each other on Deck 8. Needless to say we started a seperate group called: Harmony Deck 8 "Might fall into the bushes" friends. There may or may not be some late night shenanigans and/or dance parties happening in our cabin because someone may or may not have packed a disco ball, JBL, and such. Neighbors to be invited if said events occur. 

disco.gif.35423a528100e551677e53fc119a3f78.gif

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

So I know it is still early but I am not too thrilled about the weather forecast in Galveston. Rain? Ugh. And what does WINDY mean for Roatan and Cozumel? How windy is windy? I don't know about you but I get obsessive about checking the weather as I get closer to cruise day. 😬

IMG_5847.thumb.jpeg.26764eaaea6bc3a1cc74f7ee105b706e.jpeg

IMG_5849.thumb.jpeg.23802f222527686bf9c65022a9e214d8.jpeg

IMG_5848.thumb.jpeg.ecd9b49708b61fcec26de48f9b6f2fb9.jpeg

I'm packing an umbrella and wind breaker in the hopes that it does not rain. I figure if I don't pack them it is 100% certain that it will rain! 

Edited by HBCcruiser

Posted (edited)

@HBCcruiser Just curious if you will be able to see total eclipse Monday? We are pretty excited down here in south Texas. We are west of San Antonio and are in the path of totality. Houston and the gulf aren't in the totality path but it would be amazing to see even a partial from the ship. 

Edited by Boz575
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boz575 said:

Just curious of you will be in the path of totality for the total eclipse Monday? We are pretty excited down here in south Texas but it would be amazing to see from the ship. 

We should be able to see at least a partial. I am hoping the Captain sails her so that we see between 80%-70%. The eclipse should occur around 1:30-1:45 in the afternoon on our first Sea Day. I already packed pairs of  Approved Solar Glasses. As long as the weather permits, I am hopeful that we can see it!

This map shows the % for each area. 

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 3.33.07 PM.jpeg

The best tip I can give is be very up-front with your genie about things you want. Don't worry, I am sure they have heard every request under the sun. Some things they can do some they can't but definitely ask.  We've had some genies that were better than others anticipating our wants.  We learned to just be up front, especially in pre-cruiese communication and there is never an awkward day 1 learning curve. You like peanut M&Ms at all times, ask. Like wings, a taco bar and chocolate strawberries in the room every afternoon ask. They will give you a pre-cruise beverage menu. If there is something you want ( my kid likes Dr Pepper & root beer), ask. Some things can only be sourced prior to departure so if you let them know early, they can make arrangements so you can get it brought on board before sailing. 

Also, take full advantage of laundry. We pack light knowing we can send laundry out daily to be cleaned/pressed.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Boz575 said:

Also, take full advantage of laundry. We pack light knowing we can send laundry out daily to be cleaned/pressed.

Great suggestions! Will do the laundry thing too! 

So excited for this review! I think Star Class is perfect for a girls trip!!

I’m glad my Allure review was helpful - I also had a really hard time finding detailed information on Star Class pre-cruise.

I had read about the survey on CC, but we didn’t receive one for Allure - I’m assuming because Allure is 3/4 night sailings. I’m looking forward to hearing about your week long cruise on Harmony!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMissMagic said:

I had read about the survey on CC, but we didn’t receive one for Allure

Interesting. It’s funny how some people get it and some don’t. As stated earlier by @mac_tlc I doubt they do much with it. I think it is fun just to answer the crazy questions! 😂

Posted (edited)

I'm excited to read your review! I will be sailing Star Class (and Royal Caribbean in general) for the first time on Harmony in early May.  

An unrelated tip: I read your previous post about your morning of departure plans and how you scheduled an Uber. I drove Uber as a part-time college gig so know a little bit about how scheduling a ride works and its not very reliable.  They pair up drivers as if you were ordering a regular Uber (i.e it pops up as a request the morning of for drivers) but drivers do not like to take them because it requires them to show up 15 minutes early whereas a normal ride only requires 7 minutes of waiting.  As a result, you may get drivers who accept it not realizing its a scheduled ride & then cancel it right away. This can result in you not being picked up on time - my advice would be to check 10-15 minutes before you are scheduled to be pick up and make sure you've got a driver. If you don't, I'd just cancel the scheduled ride & order one like normal. 

Luckily, you will have plenty of time to get to the ship so it won't pose a huge problem (which is not always the case - always feel bad for people trying to schedule an Uber for an early morning flight!) but just wanted to give you the tip to avoid any annoyances. 

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! I can't wait to read your reports. 🙂

Edited by CreekHollowed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We are all flying into IAH on Saturday, April 6th - one day before we board. I booked a large room that con hold up to 5 people at the Home2Suites in Galveston a long time ago, so I got a great rate! ... 

Anyhoo – We all arrive in Houston at different times, but within a few hours of each other spanning from 11:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. assuming flights are on time. Our plan is to meet at the Marriott in the airport (at the bar, of course) then catch our scheduled car to Galveston. Hopefully we will arrive at the hotel by 5:00. Once we get settled, we plan on precruise-gaming at the Founder’s Bar in the Grand Galvez Hotel. It looks so cool!

Following along. We are strong considering Harmony next December and have a booking (refundable). One question....how are you getting from IAH to your hotel? Is it a shuttle or scheduled uber?

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by LuCruise
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

One question....how are you getting from IAH to your hotel? Is it a shuttle or scheduled uber?

First, @CreekHollowed THANKs for the Uber tip! @LuCruise We have booked a private car through Omega Royal SUV. The car will pick us up at the airport Marriott Hotel around 3:30 after everyone lands, grabs their luggage and gets over to the Marriott. Hopefully we will get to our hotel around 5. Thanks for following along. 😀

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

My TA is onboard the Discovery Princess for the solar eclipse cruise. They will be sailing near Mazatlan during the eclipse where it will be at 100%! Lucky. I could have cancelled this cruise and gone on that one but…between Star Class or Eclipse? I’ll pick Star Class every day of the week! 

My TA and her group on Discovery:

IMG_5242.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kellie in Texas said:

@HBCcruiser I don't think anybody has answered your question about the Galveston terminal. It is SUPER easy to get in and out ... even for us lowly mortals who don't have stars and genies. 😄  

Funny. 😆

Which reminds me, you'd think at this day and age with AI what it is, these cruise company Apps and systems would know what type of cabin/services you have booked. I keep getting inundated with emails and pop-ups telling me to HURRY UP and book my drink package, specialty restaurants and Wifi before it is too late!! 😱 😱

Could it be a sales ploy to get the new-to-Royal pax to purchase things they don't need? I have no idea. 

IMG_5850.thumb.jpeg.5df2d85312880cd854e3a61b0c955e98.jpegIMG_5851.thumb.jpeg.5f71618eea364f6a25ae150463d061fa.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi!  We’re sailing sky on harmony on the 4/21 sailing. Excited to follow along. 

please let me know how the cabana is at chankanaab when you do your excursion. We have one booked there!

safe travels! ❤️

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Hi!  We’re sailing sky on harmony on the 4/21 sailing. Excited to follow along. 

please let me know how the cabana is at chankanaab when you do your excursion. We have one booked there!

safe travels! ❤️

Will do! I think we booked #7 which is close to where you enter the water to snorkel. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SarcasmSpasm said:

Awesome - we booked #1!

I think #1 is the larger one with the outside shower. It should be nice! We did not need a large one so booked the regular size. Plus we will only be there for a few hours as part of our Bar Crawl.

Love your Avatar name BTW! 😂

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

Ok the website and App are working again. This is one reason why (tech issues) I always add my SeaPass to my Apple Wallet AND print everything out just in case. Murphy's Law seems to follow me around. I have learned to be prepared. 

• Like 1