"LIVE' from Celebrity BEYOND - April 12th, 2024 Sailing: 10-night Ultimate Caribbean!

On 4/20/2024 at 7:00 AM, hcat said:

We ate at the Rooftop Garden Grill  on ASCENT. Had to ask the adjacent Pickle ballers to stop their overtime play..Plink Plink.

..It was a beautiful night.  calm waters, stars etc!  Service and food were very good but it was a very casual venue with tables closely situated and a few large groups.

We would skip it next time.except maybe for lunch..if no Pickleball.  I recall  lunch portions were huge on other ships..

So "casual venue" means we can skip the stuffy dress code of the dining rooms and actually wear shorts to dinner?

13 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

So "casual venue" means we can skip the stuffy dress code of the dining rooms and actually wear shorts to dinner?

We saw no one in shorts at dinner men or women.  I presume it  follows  X dress code..It is not Fine Cut or EDEN,  but not the buffet either.  Men were in khakis and polos or Carib style shirts ..ladies.  sun dresses, or  capris..nice tops..  sweaters needed if a cool nite.

btw there is no stuffy dress code on Celebrity anymore..just nice resort , country club standards. ..most men own khakis at least ...save shorts for the buffet or pool deck

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Correct, shorts can be worn in the hot Caribbean at Rooftop Grill.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Correct, shorts can be worn in the hot Caribbean at Rooftop Grill.

Not to start the whole thing over again but who says this? What if someone does and the Maitre d there decides to enforce the rule -  is it in writing that that rule is not for that restaurant?

4 minutes ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

Not to start the whole thing over again but who says this? What if someone does and the Maitre d there decides to enforce the rule -  is it in writing that that rule is not for that restaurant?

It clearly states in the dress code for Rooftop "casual attire" which includes shorts, Ate there twice on Beyond in March and we all had shorts on both times.

Pilot said we have our fuel.  That's good. 😉

All of our luggage is loaded.  Good thing. 🥳

Used luggage valet.  Used previously but first time since being re-instated.   Luggage valet - that is another story I will tell.  

🍹

• Like 1

Worst, scariest take-off I've ever experienced.   We are in the air.  Pilot said a little turbulent when we land.   He could have mentioned how bad it was going to be when we took off.  As long as we make it safe and sound, that's all that matters. 

🙏

🍹

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, hcat said:

We saw no one in shorts at dinner men or women.  I presume it  follows  X dress code..It is not Fine Cut or EDEN,  but not the buffet either.  Men were in khakis and polos or Carib style shirts ..ladies.  sun dresses, or  capris..nice tops..  sweaters needed if a cool nite.

btw there is no stuffy dress code on Celebrity anymore..just nice resort , country club standards. ..most men own khakis at least ...save shorts for the buffet or pool deck

You're right, the dress code isn't stuffy, I was only trying to be polite and not hijack the OP's review with another clothing attire thread. The more appropriate term would have been pretentious or archaic dress code.  Now I know which side of the debate you're on.

Edited by TheHawk1

5 hours ago, ICANTWAITTOCRUISE said:

Thanks! I didn't realize that!

neither did we and saw none,  but the night of our  visit was pleasant but breezy,  so  shorts might not  have been in order..more likely a sweater. 

The prices are def not casual but guess it's a good option for the shorts crowd!

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

You're right, the dress code isn't stuffy, I was only trying to be polite and not hijack the OP's review with another clothing attire thread. The more appropriate term would have been pretentious or archaic dress code.  Now I know which side of the debate you're on.

there is no debate for us  we are .long time Ceeb cruisers who follow the suggested code...the newer suggestions work fine for us..shorts and flip flops are fine for the buffet..and  apparently Roof Top..

no interest in any debate!

1 hour ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Worst, scariest take-off I've ever experienced.   We are in the air.  Pilot said a little turbulent when we land.   He could have mentioned how bad it was going to be when we took off.  As long as we make it safe and sound, that's all that matters. 

🙏

🍹

Sorry you had a rough flight!  Can be terribly stressful.

Hope you are safely landed by now.. !

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hcat said:

The prices are def not casual but guess it's a good option for the shorts crowd!

Rooftop Grill is currently the least expensive specialty on E-class and IMO has the best filet on board (Eden close second)

On 4/19/2024 at 7:52 PM, PinkSandGirl said:

Captain Kate said the airport runway is only 400m long!

The world's shortest commercial runway.

On 4/20/2024 at 9:19 AM, countess5 said:

This reminds me of landing on St Barts, they go between two mountains and then cut the engines so the plane glides down onto a very short runway with a beach at the end of it. Very Cool!

St. Barts is actually considered very safe by pilots, unless the wind is bad. The descent profile isn't much different from any other airport. It's just the proximity of terrain that makes many people think it's hairy. That, plus the fact that many folks visiting there have never flown in a small plane before, and that alone scares some of them.

Hi!   Sorry for being M.I.A.   Since we've been home we've been going to see my Aunt who was admitted to the hospital and being there for her.  🙏 

I will pick back up to continue adding to this 'LIVE' and you'll think I'm still on the ship.  😉

How fast things can change in life. 

It's important to appreciate every single day and everyone in your life, people along with furry friends. 🥰     

🍹

• Like 2