NCL Shore Excursions for Colon missing

I had been browsing the NCL website to get an idea of the shore excursions that may be available for my Panama Canal cruise next April. There were more than 20 that would populate on screen once Colon was selected. I’d even taken screenshots of these. Now there’s nothing. At all.

Is this because - I don’t know - maybe they’re redeploying itineraries from the last big cancellation announcement? I’ve been checking for a week and they’re just gone, both when being signed in and logged out. 

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0479.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

There's been a lot of civil unrest in Colon. Maybe they were removed because it's not safe?

I know last November there were some issues with cancellations and safety concerns due to civil unrest. But I hadn’t read anything in the news lately that would indicate this to be the case? 

It’s possible that your itinerary may get a slight alteration.  Right. Ow I am watching the Viking Octantis docked in Fuerte Amador.  Her schedule was to transit April 4 and dock in Colon April 5.  Fuerte Amador was not on her itinerary.  But she was there April 4, I expect her to transit eastbound today and skip Colon.  So maybe your itinerary will change to transit a day early and spend the original transit at Fuerte Amador.  EM

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It’s possible that your itinerary may get a slight alteration.  Right. Ow I am watching the Viking Octantis docked in Fuerte Amador.  Her schedule was to transit April 4 and dock in Colon April 5.  Fuerte Amador was not on her itinerary.  But she was there April 4, I expect her to transit eastbound today and skip Colon.  So maybe your itinerary will change to transit a day early and spend the original transit at Fuerte Amador.  EM

Even when I check for these shore excursions not logged-in there are none showing. The  website shouldn't recognize me as a booked guest at this point, so it would at least show them as available. Correct? I’ve also looked at other cities/tours and they show the non-discounted (-$50 credit) rate indicating that I am not logged in. So Colon shore excursions should show up. But they aren’t. And when I do select Panama as an itinerary, Colon isn’t even offered, it’s like the port has disappeared from NCL all together. 

IMG_0627.jpeg

IMG_0628.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

I don't know what happened, since there are plenty of excursions for April 1-4, 2025 on Viator from Colon. It could be that it's just too early or the webpage glitched or the excursions are being changed and won't be up for a while.

Cruise itineraries can and do change, so just keep an eye on it and if NCL still doesn't have excursions for Colon, but it's still on your booked itinerary by next February, go with a Viator one that allows for cancellation if the ship can't make port.

• Like 1

They are having IT issues (shocker!). Yesterday I was checking my App and my account online for my June cruise and Payment Status had a negative number and a few other things were missing. Called, spoke to IT, sent them a screen shot and they "will forward to IT manager".

Today, my Payment Status is "Completed", but now it shows cruise starting from our 2nd port. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2ndhoney said:

They are having IT issues (shocker!).

That was my thought as well. One of NCL's all too common web site glitches maybe.*

• Like 2

OP, you appear to be talking about a cruise a year from now, April 2025.

Is that correct?

It is common across the cruise line website world that general or specific excursion  information for any port on any cruise line may disappear or be limited when contracts for the tour operators expired and new contracts between a cruise line and port tour operators are being negotiated and signed.

Excursion information will reappear when the information is available. 

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

OP, you appear to be talking about a cruise a year from now, April 2025.

Is that correct?

It is common across the cruise line website world that general or specific excursion  information for any port on any cruise line may disappear or be limited when contracts for the tour operators expired and new contracts between a cruise line and port tour operators are being negotiated and signed.

Excursion information will reappear when the information is available. 

Not my cruise a year from now. Any and all cruises going to Colon. There are no shore excursions. Check it yourself - don’t log in, go to Shore Excursions, and select Colon. There’s nothing. But they were all there, maybe 20 of them. And I know that if I am logged into my reservation only those available short excursions will populate. I’ve been viewing those and booking them for several weeks now. What I don’t understand is why they would have showed them when they weren’t going to be offered to anyone.

As others have said it’s probably some kind of glitch, or ‘contract renewals’ and they just wiped the entire slate clean of anything and everything, or maybe it’s because it’s the end of the current Panama Canal season. 

But I’ll keep an eye on it for the next year. There’s not much choice, and I’ve got time on my hands. However, in this case it would be much safer to take a ship-sponsored shore excursion since we don’t even get in until 10am and the particular short excursion I was looking at isn’t even offered by Viator. 

An example of seeing a shore excursion that’s before and after logging in, note the price difference. 

IMG_0024.jpeg

IMG_0643.jpeg

Edited by dmwnc1959

3 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

But they were all there, maybe 20 of them. And I know that if I am logged into my reservation only those available short excursions will populate. I

If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying that if you are logged into *your* reservation you are seeing a few.  *NOT* logged in you see nothing, correct?  If so...that tells you right away that it's a glitch...how could it show you some that exist in a reservation but not show those same items when not logged in?  Don't panic...just give it some time.

• Like 1