Over $150 pp/per night Ocean View?

Is over $150 per person/per night for Ocean View the new normal?

I ask because a cruise I have scheduled for January is currently pricing out at that price.

This is normally my sweet spot for a balcony although with current price trends this may be a good deal.  I have just booked two TA  (inside) for the fall at approximately this price point for the fall.  Orlando to Lison and Barcelona to Orlando for a similar price.

8 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

I ask because a cruise I have scheduled for January is currently pricing out at that price.

That very much depends on the ship, itinerary and when you book. Cruiseplum has historical info which shows pricing trends for each sailing. 

A lot depends on what ship you are sailing on. I booked a NYE’s cruise on Icon this year the first day bookings were available. Currently cabins are going for over 3 times more than I paid. With a little shopping around I could book 4 Oasis class cruises for the same price. I have already cruised on Icon and enjoyed the cruise, but I don’t get all the hype around her (the water slides were awesome though).In my book Icon has some critical misses including no Solarium and no Boardwalk. I understand RCI is marketing Icon towards younger families, which doesn’t apply to me. Personally I still prefer Oasis class ships. 

On 4/4/2024 at 8:34 PM, LB_NJ said:

Occasionally, a Balcony could be cheaper than an Oceanview! You just have to check!