***LIVE*** from MSC Divina YC (Yacht Club) - Western Caribbean Miami 7 April to 18 April 2024

Best Cat Mom

5 minutes ago, SapphirePrincess993 said:

Or does the Divina have more areas then others or vis versa.

My opinion is Divina has less, but that's from our YC perspective. The Seaside (and maybe other ships do as well) has a open area off TSL that encompasses the entire front of the ship and the starboard side of it is smoking. We find that much more offensive than the One Pool smoking area, mostly because we don't use the One Pool. The other consideration with Seaside is if your cabin is on the starboard side towards the front, the smoke can easily waft back and be detectable on your own balcony. The other places never touch us, since we can easily avoid them.

And I agree totally with you -- one smoker (of any substance) is one too many!

• Thanks 1

Thats good to know about the seaside class of ships. Yes we can avoid the other areas as well on Divina. One year we spent Christmas and New Years in Jamaica at the Excellence Oyster Bay and the smoke and other substance was pretty bad. If people smoked in designated areas it would have been fine but people smoked anywhere and everywhere and staff did nothing. We noticed that in all inclusives rules are never enforced. Needless to say my husband's asthma could not be controlled and he ended up on prednisone to get it back to a  controlled level. Now I worry no matter where we go. Thank you for putting my mind at ease about smoke and cruising. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a wonderful cruise! We don't have anything on the books now and just got home yesterday from our European adventure that we started on the Euribia. So, of course now I'm getting itchy. Can you Email me the name of your TA? I had someone for the last one, but I feel like there is more to gain from another.  You may have even persuaded me to go back on the Divina, we'd like to go to Greece.

You've mentioned Italy a few times, where all have you traveled? We were just in LaSpezia, but didn't really get to enjoy the area because of weather and illness. We also visited Rome for a second time and Bologna, which was quite enjoyable. (our trip also included 7 other countries!)

We've been to Venice, Florence, Rome, Lucca, Bologna, Lake Garda, Genoa, Naples, Verona, Pordenone, Aviano, Sacile, Dardago and a whole bunch of small villages around the Dardago area. There are still so many other places we've yet to visit in Italy.

Greece is on our list, but we don't want to be too near the Black Sea while Putin is still an ongoing threat. We're sticking to the Mediterranean side of Italy for now.

If you give me your email address, we can chat more. 🙂

Did you happen to have Onel as your server on Euribia? He took great care of us on Divina last year and I've heard that he moved to Euribia.

• Like 1

Thanks! Remove spaces - stegora peterson @ yahoo 

Probably good thinking on Greece for now.

No, we did not have Onel, but he remembered us from Divina and came over and said hello. We did sit in his section once for a lunch. We started the cruise with one server, but moved to another section and Jason was our waiter and was wonderful! He saw how much we enjoyed pistachio ice cream for dessert and insisted on bringing that every night!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SapphirePrincess993 said:

With being in the yacht club is gelato included when outside of the yacht club or is it an extra cost? Can you get gelato in thd yacht club? 

We paid for our gelato as it was not included for us in the YC on Divina.
 We did not try and order it separately in Le Muse lor the Top Sail Lounge

• Like 1

Gelato is no longer "free" for any guests. However, I've heard some people say that in the afternoons the butlers sometimes bring cups of it to the One Pool deck. Also, there have been reports that sometimes guests can get free gelato at the counters as well.

We only had it back in 2018 when it was still free. Haven't asked for it since then because we rarely have sweets.

On 4/21/2024 at 6:07 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

There are not any smoking areas in YC.

In February at least, there was a small smoking area on the port side of the pool deck right outside the exit from the elevator that is within the YC enclave.

Just a couple of tables and a couple of ashtrays, and it is very far away from anywhere anyone would usually want to sit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SapphirePrincess993 said:

Thanks for the additional smoking info. Cherylnj. Just wondering, it seems like Divina has a fair amount of smoking areas. Is this the norm on all cruise lines. Or does the Divina have more areas then others or vis versa. Just concerned. We have always been non smokers so one smoker is too many.  Thanking everyone in adbance. 

Didn't actually notice cigarette smoke at any time while we were onboard Divina, despite the number of places where it is allowed.

6 minutes ago, SapphirePrincess993 said:

Thanks Mark. Puts my mind at ease. What happens for example if our neighbours dont abide by the rules and smoke on their balcony?

That can happen on any cruise, but we've only experienced that once on a different line and a call to security had the matter quickly resolved, as it is a fire hazard and usually taken seriously when reported. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

In February at least, there was a small smoking area on the port side of the pool deck right outside the exit from the elevator that is within the YC enclave.

Yes, someone else reminded me of that area yesterday. We don't frequent the One Pool deck often so I totally forgot about it!

6 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Yes, someone else reminded me of that area yesterday. We don't frequent the One Pool deck often so I totally forgot about it!

We didn't spot it on our first Divina cruise in June last year, only noticed it this time as we were on deck 16 and used the elevator to go up to the pool deck for breakfast.

Never actually saw anyone smoking there, just noticed the ashtrays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Best Cat Mom said:

"However, I've heard some people say that in the afternoons the butlers sometimes bring cups of it to the One Pool deck."

Have seen this and can verify. (It was sooo tasty.)

• Like 2