I guess my status match went thru

dbrown84

I submitted a status match with MSC about 6 weeks ago.  I have not heard anything.  I've seen posts here saying the voyager club can be a pain to deal with and to just keep hounding them.  I've sent in several emails asking for a status on my request, but haven't heard anything.  I decided I would just re-submit, but I keep getting an error message on the page that simply says the match request didn't go thru.  I've been assuming it was a glitch on the site.  So I finally went ahead and booked my first cruise with MSC.  I got an email today with info about the cruise, it says I'm a gold level with 4300 points.  I guess this means my status match is actually done.  would have been nice to have been notified

image.thumb.png.edf243b1d3e7d33a4407e873c4d0c0e0.png

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

They will normally not give you the Status Match until you are actually booked on a cruise. There are exceptions though, and I was one. For some reason I received my Status Match almost four years ago when just showing interest before our first MSC cruise. It took my wife until actually being booked even though she emailed the Voyagers Club twice - and did receive responses from them explaining she needed to be booked on a cruise.

Once booked you are retroactively granted Status Match, which means the discount as well.

Edited by Heartgrove

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

They will normally not give you the Status Match until you are actually booked on a cruise. There are exceptions though, and I was one. For some reason I received my Status Match almost four years ago when just showing interest before our first MSC cruise. It took my wife until actually being booked even though she emailed the Voyagers Club twice - and did receive responses from them explaining she needed to be booked on a cruise.

Once booked you are retroactively granted Status Match, which means the discount as well.

Thanks.  My gripe is more about the non response.  And it does look like they actually did it, but I don't really have any way to verify.  I could probably call customer service.  But the actual status doesn't mean much to me because I honestly don't see anything it offers that I'd be interested in. I may do the spa since I'll have it.  But like I said, it's just the fact that they are ignoring their customer.  It's a pet peeve of mine 

I would recommend making yourself an MSC account.  I did that at the same time as booking my cruise and, even though it's not the sleekest/best functioning website out there, I've been able to book excursions, purchase a drink plan, look up port times, and get lots of information about the ship.  And as of this past weekend, did our online check in.  I think all of those things will save us time once we board the ship.

2 hours ago, Fergus said:

I would recommend making yourself an MSC account.  I did that at the same time as booking my cruise and, even though it's not the sleekest/best functioning website out there, I've been able to book excursions, purchase a drink plan, look up port times, and get lots of information about the ship.  And as of this past weekend, did our online check in.  I think all of those things will save us time once we board the ship.

with the exception of online check-in (which I doubt I'll do), you can do all those other things without having an account.  

On 4/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, Heartgrove said:

Wait, what?  Our status match went through about a month ago and our 1st cruise is in October.  My account still shows the same balance due as before we got bumped to Gold.   Do I have to call to have the discount credited?  

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2024 at 5:53 AM, 80sGal said:

Wait, what?  Our status match went through about a month ago and our 1st cruise is in October.  My account still shows the same balance due as before we got bumped to Gold.   Do I have to call to have the discount credited?  

Yes you need to call, but the discount will be applied.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Thanks 2

On 4/12/2024 at 10:18 PM, dbrown84 said:

if I had a MSC account, I would

Opening up an account should get you some additional points toward the next level.  At least if it's done before a cruise.  I think they gave me 100 points for joining the Voyager Club before I sailed.  

I've had some real frustration with the online Status Match form page. 

#1 it requires you to upload a "membership card" from the other loyalty club...I am not sure about anyone else, but I don't have a membership card from Royal or Celebrity;

#2 To get around that, I uploaded a screen cap of my loyalty number and status from Celebrity.  When I finally got that finished, and hit confirm to submit the completed page, I got an error message.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, and do I need to call them?

Thanks

1 hour ago, CruisinShips said:

I've had some real frustration with the online Status Match form page. 

#1 it requires you to upload a "membership card" from the other loyalty club...I am not sure about anyone else, but I don't have a membership card from Royal or Celebrity;

#2 To get around that, I uploaded a screen cap of my loyalty number and status from Celebrity.  When I finally got that finished, and hit confirm to submit the completed page, I got an error message.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar, and do I need to call them?

Thanks

I have not sailed Royal or Celebrity. Instead I used my card from a cruise on HAL that showed my Mariner status. Try again as yesterday logging on to my MSC cruise in two weeks for excursions, it cam up that my cruise wasn't valid. I simply tried again and it opened my cruise docs.

• 2 weeks later...