Unlimited Dining Plan and restaurants that give a credit

We are sailing on Oasis this summer with the Unlimited Dining Plan.  I've read and Googled and *think* I've got this right, but I wanted to confirm:

1.  At Playmaker's, Portside BBQ and Johnny Rocket's, we will get a $20 credit per person?

2.  We can use a restaurant's credit once per day.  So we could do afternoon snacks at Johnny Rocket's and late night snacks at Playmaker's in the same day, but we couldn't go to Playmaker's for both in the same day?

3.  We probably WON'T get a credit at Vintages?

4.  But it doesn't hurt to ask? 😀

5.  We can only use the UDP at the specialty restaurants for lunch on sea days (I think Chops is our only lunch option according to the posted hours), but we can eat at Playmaker's, Portside BBQ or Johnny Rocket's any time that it's open, including for lunch?

6.  Somewhat unrelated - is it still the case that we can only book Izumi Hibachi AT Izumi?  Can we book all of our other specialty dining reservations there?

Thanks so much! 

My understanding is for ala carte restaurants, it's up to $20 per day not per restaurant, but $20 can't be split between ala carte restaurants on the same day.

However, we have used UDP at two cover charge restaurants on the same day. Example: Giovanni's for lunch and Chops for dinner.

1.  At Playmaker's, Portside BBQ and Johnny Rocket's, we will get a $20 credit per person?

playmakers and portside you get the credit, I think JR is a pay one price place now(at least it was on wonder)

2.  We can use a restaurant's credit once per day.  So we could do afternoon snacks at Johnny Rocket's and late night snacks at Playmaker's in the same day, but we couldn't go to Playmaker's for both in the same day?

you can use one persons credit in the afternoon and one persons credit at night, but once you use either credit that is it for that place 

3.  We probably WON'T get a credit at Vintages?

On wonder I was told by our MJ waiter that we could get the late night snacks in MJ, and it looked like someone complained about being charged for food at giovannis wine place and it was being comped, so ask. On odyssey in 2022, we could eat wherever and it was included

4.  But it doesn't hurt to ask? 😀

yes

5.  We can only use the UDP at the specialty restaurants for lunch on sea days (I think Chops is our only lunch option according to the posted hours), but we can eat at Playmaker's, Portside BBQ or Johnny Rocket's any time that it's open, including for lunch?

not sure on oasis, but on wonder I think giovannis and chops were open.  You can eat at the others any time.

6.  Somewhat unrelated - is it still the case that we can only book Izumi Hibachi AT Izumi?  Can we book all of our other specialty dining reservations there?

on wonder that was true.  I don't know if you can book the rest, I've seen posts that you cant and posts but others that they were able to.  only issue would be that the line at the hibachi tends to be longer than other places because you have to go there.  We decided not to do hibachi last time, but if we had, we would have split up.  

Posted (edited)

5. We ate lunch at both Giovanni's and Chops.  On sea days I'd expect them both to be open. Check the app.  Only one will be open on embarkation day I think.

Edit:  Scratch checking the app.  I just checked the app for my December Oasis cruise and it showed that it was not open for any lunch.  However, when I go into my cruise planner it shows that I can prebook lunch on day 1, 3, and 6 so I'd expect something similar for you too.  

Edited by Tree_skier

We really enjoyed the UDP when we were on Symphony.  You can go to one of the restaurants and make your reservations for the entire week once you board.  Just a heads up, we tried to walk up for lunch at one of the restaurants on a sea day--I think it was Jamie's or Chops, and they told us we had to have  reservation.  We also did the chefs table--discounted with the UDP.  We are not big foodies, but really enjoyed the experience.  

On 4/13/2024 at 10:52 AM, firefly333 said:

6. Izumi hibachi was a $15 surcharge. They seem to want to discourage bookings. Might have gone up but you pay extra to eat there with a pkg. 

Would this be the same for ships where it's sushi only?

3 minutes ago, katmigordon said:

Would this be the same for ships where it's sushi only?

The surcharge is for izumi hibachi if you have a dinner pkg.

There isnt a extra charge for the sushi side. I've only done the set price dinner, not the ala carte. Idk but you maybe can get a credit like above for ala carte or set price, not sure. I just do the dinner. No extra for the sushi side of the restaurant. 

• Like 1