What can I expect to pay. Miami Airport to Brickell area hotel.

I did search the newest thread I found was back in January.  Someone in an other site indicated that they paid $50.00 by taxi from Miami airport to their hotel in Brickell. This seems pretty high to me. Anyone with first hand knowledge?  Also, how much should I expect to pay for a trip to the port of Miami?  We usually go out of Ft. L.  TIA

If mobility is not a problem, you can take the light rail to about 3 blocks from the Hampton Brickell. Seems to me it was about $5pp last time I took it. The Hampton has a shuttle to the port. I think it was $8pp.

2 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

If mobility is not a problem, you can take the light rail to about 3 blocks from the Hampton Brickell. Seems to me it was about $5pp last time I took it. The Hampton has a shuttle to the port. I think it was $8pp.

Thank you for this. I feel I am looking for the taxi price.  But knowing about the mover helps. I am not cheap but $50.00 plus tip seems high from the airport to the hotel.

Take Uber. Depending on the amount of luggage you have, an Uber X will run about $28.

The $50 fare sounds high, but if they did the trip during rush hour, then they sat in a lot of traffic.  

Our taxi trip from airport to hotel in Brickell area was $67, including tip. We used a van type of cab, which charges an extra 30%. Sat in traffic a lot. It was a Friday afternoon/evening. The trip from port to airport in a regular cab was about $50, including tip. Cabs use to charge by zone. Unfortunately they now are metered.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

I did search the newest thread I found was back in January.  Someone in an other site indicated that they paid $50.00 by taxi from Miami airport to their hotel in Brickell. This seems pretty high to me. Anyone with first hand knowledge?  Also, how much should I expect to pay for a trip to the port of Miami?  We usually go out of Ft. L.  TIA

$50 for this is average, not high at all.

It will only be two of us on a Sunday morning.  I don't mind paying, but seems pretty high. Only 2 pieces of luggage.  So smaller side.  We usually go out of Ft. L and it didn't seem so high. I did read somewhere that they got rid of flat rate.  Ugggg

7 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

It will only be two of us on a Sunday morning.  I don't mind paying, but seems pretty high. Only 2 pieces of luggage.  So smaller side.  We usually go out of Ft. L and it didn't seem so high. I did read somewhere that they got rid of flat rate.  Ugggg

When you look at list of expensive cities (rent, home, restaurants, etc) Miami beats out NYC every year. This is why I avoid sailing out of Miami whenever I can. 

I have paid US 38 from the airport to Brickell by taxi.. This did not include gratuities. You can also take the Metrorail orange line until Brickell for US 2.25. in order to take the metrorail, you have to take the mover from the terminal first. This is free. If your hotel is the Hampton inn, then the station Brickell is very convenient. You can search in internet, there are videos that describe how to take the Metrorail from the airport.