Sailing out of Baltimore on Carnival Pride May 12

Posted (edited)

I am sailing in just over 3 weeks. I called Carnival and they are not providing any information until 15 days prior to sailing.

what are people doing?  Rerouting my flights for 3 people will cost an extra $1000. I am finding this very stressful 

Edited by IMANOT
Missed word
  • Like 1

I am pondering the possibility of changing my flight to Norfolk and renting a car to drive to Baltimore if I made a bad decision.  The 4 hour bus ride will be too tight for my flight home.  I am disappointed that they haven’t reached out at all

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, IMANOT said:

I am pondering the possibility of changing my flight to Norfolk and renting a car to drive to Baltimore if I made a bad decision.  The 4 hour bus ride will be too tight for my flight home.  I am disappointed that they haven’t reached out at all

Carnival is not the one cleaning up the harbor, so they don't control the timeframe. What would you like them to tell you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IMANOT said:

I am sailing in just over 3 weeks. I called Carnival and they are not providing any information until 15 days prior to sailing.

what are people doing?  Rerouting my flights for 3 people will cost an extra $1000. I am finding this very stressful 

I also called and was told that they were only contacting people “a week out” via email. Others found out via John Healds Facebook page days before they received an email. 

3 hours ago, IMANOT said:

i’m on the 5/5 sailing and haven’t heard anything.i don’t think the 4/28 people have yet, either.

imo that’s a positive sign if you want to sail out of Baltimore.

I'm on the May 5th cruise. Living on LI NY it will take me 4-4.5 hours to get to Baltimore. Does anyone know what time the shuttle bus leaves Baltimore for Norfolk? Thanks.

Carnival Pride has a draft of 25 feet.  A third channel was opened today with a depth of 20 feet, so we aren't there yet.  It is still planned to have a 35-foot channel opened by the end of April, with the full 50-foot channel re-opened by the end of May.

If the 35-foot channel is opened, and if Carnival will run through with 10 feet to spare under the hull, then the April 28 and later cruises may leave from Baltimore.

If they won't chance the 35-foot channel, it's not likely.  A large part of the steel bridge and the concrete roadway are still on the bow of the container ship, and two bodies have yet to be recovered.

• Like 1