Shuttle bus

Lonedaddy

If I recall correctly, SS has a shuttle bus to town in many ports.  We didn't utilize it on our last cruise.  Do you need to reserve a spot on it and how often do they run.  Particularly in Valancia as they have an old town walking tour, but we may just prefer to do old town it on our own.  Does anyone know if they run a shuttle to old town area.  

You never need to reserve a shuttle bus. Just show up and wait for the next one.
Silversea doesn't have shuttles in every port. Sometimes the local regulations/unions don't allow it, as it reduces taxi revenue. I have never been to Valencia so can't answer your question about that.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

If I recall correctly, SS has a shuttle bus to town in many ports.  We didn't utilize it on our last cruise.  Do you need to reserve a spot on it and how often do they run.  Particularly in Valancia as they have an old town walking tour, but we may just prefer to do old town it on our own.  Does anyone know if they run a shuttle to old town area.  

I did a tour out of the Valencia last November.  There were people walking out, but the shuttles were at the port. I agree that they were probably every 30 mins.  I have a photo of the beautiful warehouses by the port where oranges used to be stored prior to shipping, but nothing else. Crew walked out to find food shops.  I don't think the old town was within walking distance, but am not certain.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

reaching the center of valencia is a rather long and not so pleasant drive 

the shuttle will drop near the old town area   - 

• Thanks 1

There was a shuttle every 30 minutes for Valencia (November 2021). It is almost a 30-minute drive from the port to the old town. They dropped us at the Pont dels Serrans, on the northern edge of the Old Town, just outside the sunken park where the river used to flow. Cross the bridge and you're there.

We walked around town on our own and caught a shuttle back a few hours later. Very easy and no need to reserve, as others have said. Just show up with your boarding card and you're all set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2024 at 1:00 PM, jpalbny said:

There was a shuttle every 30 minutes for Valencia (November 2021). It is almost a 30-minute drive from the port to the old town. They dropped us at the Pont dels Serrans, on the northern edge of the Old Town, just outside the sunken park where the river used to flow. Cross the bridge and you're there.

We walked around town on our own and caught a shuttle back a few hours later. Very easy and no need to reserve, as others have said. Just show up with your boarding card and you're all set.

@Lonedaddy  we visited Valencia June last year with SS and yes there was a shuttle bus (just walk up, no need to reserve), but the town stop they went to was on C/ de Santa Rira near C/ de la trinitat, some distance from the old town on the opposite side of the dried river bed. It wasn't very central for sightseeing - we walked down the river bed to the awesomely impressive Les Arts complex and got an €13 uber back to Port from there as we were so far away from the shuttle pickup stand! 

3 minutes ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

@Lonedaddy  we visited Valencia June last year with SS and yes there was a shuttle bus (just walk up, no need to reserve), but the town stop they went to was on C/ de Santa Rira near C/ de la trinitat, some distance from the old town on the opposite side of the dried river bed. It wasn't very central for sightseeing - we walked down the river bed to the awesomely impressive Les Arts complex and got an €13 uber back to Port from there as we were so far away from the shuttle pickup stand! 

probably start the old town tour and then venture off then and uber back.  Thanks

1 hour ago, RetiredOnVacation said:

That's the same block where we were dropped, unless I'm reading the map wrong. But an Uber back is always a good idea if you'd rather not backtrack to the shuttle. 

Come to think of it, I should have done that! We really wanted to visit the City of Arts and Sciences but since the free shuttle didn't go there, we didn't either. That was silly of me.

• Like 1