Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

22 minutes ago, SkystheLimit said:

Simply stunning photographs of a place many don't have a chance to see!  Again, so kind of you to share your travels with us.

surfandsun

I think you really hit the jackpot with this tour and guide...great choice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agreed - what a fantastic tour you had!  The guide can totally make or break a tour.  I'll be making notes on this one in case we get lucky enough to explore this destination on our bucket list!  Thank you!

~Bernadette

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Gooood morning Brindisi!  We are rested up and ready to get jiggy with it again.  Today, we have a private tour to four locations in Puglia.   Alberbello, Santa Somewhere, Ostuni, and a place for lunch with yummy stuff for the belly.  For the price of the tour, I might have to sell a few family members to recover.  🙂 Another beautiful day.  I think we are in for some great memories and photos.

20240429_095852.jpg

20240429_102711.jpg

20240429_072425.jpg

Loving all your posts and pics.  Entertaining and helpful.
Was the Brindisi tour one of the excursions that are offered through X or did you organise with independent company?  

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MAERS said:

Loving all your posts and pics.  Entertaining and helpful.
Was the Brindisi tour one of the excursions that are offered through X or did you organise with independent company?  

Independent company.  We found Fabrizio through his colleague Alessandro Perrone. Alessandros email address is in my last post about Ostuni.  His website is https://pugliaexperience.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR3tJzLI5Y8fsY3eYPDQdV74wnUedR9Dyqtcn10O_4EiQtC7SDfq2HvVGAg_aem_ATg2O1zxJnYqSEXLmoauDkjw9R3iGa-3GtbIO_wlBqwtb5se6T-XCanCuHs3q951clRWdtypnVe9gNXkp_KHsm8o

• Like 4

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

Independent company.  We found Fabrizio through his colleague Alessandro Perrone. Alessandros email address is in my last post about Ostuni.  His website is https://pugliaexperience.wordpress.com/?fbclid=IwAR3tJzLI5Y8fsY3eYPDQdV74wnUedR9Dyqtcn10O_4EiQtC7SDfq2HvVGAg_aem_ATg2O1zxJnYqSEXLmoauDkjw9R3iGa-3GtbIO_wlBqwtb5se6T-XCanCuHs3q951clRWdtypnVe9gNXkp_KHsm8o

Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Intermission...I've decided 3 of these are much more refreshing than 3 martinis...

20240429_173735.jpg

A well deserved intermission. ALL of your photos and stories are wonderful! What is this refreshing drink? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lost in Italy said:

A well deserved intermission. ALL of your photos and stories are wonderful! What is this refreshing drink? 

That's a pretty funny story as it's a very popular drink in Italy.  For a couple weeks now, I've asked servers and bartenders for an Apertif Spritz and getting looks of confusion and a sometimes questions I couldn't understand.  So I would show them a picture and they would nod and walk away.  At one point, I even said to the server, I just know it's orange and yummy.  It wasn't until yesterday when I watched them mix the drink that I saw them pour the alcohol and the bottle read Apersol.  So, the drink is called an Apersol Spritz, made with Apersol, prosecco, and club soda.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

That's a pretty funny story as it's a very popular drink in Italy.  For a couple weeks now, I've asked servers and bartenders for an Apertif Spritz and getting looks of confusion and a sometimes questions I couldn't understand.  So I would show them a picture and they would nod and walk away.  At one point, I even said to the server, I just know it's orange and yummy.  It wasn't until yesterday when I watched them mix the drink that I saw them pour the alcohol and the bottle read Apersol.  So, the drink is called an Apersol Spritz, made with Apersol, prosecco, and club soda.

Just a small correction. It's aperol spritz... The bartenders will understand you, though they might be thinking you had a few too many 😃.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Difiroa676 said:

Just a small correction. It's aperol spritz... The bartenders will understand you, though they might be thinking you had a few too many 😃.

Aw geesh...see, I still can't get it right 🤣.  Thank you!  I learn so much by doing reviews!🤣

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning from Kotor!  We are winging it in this port with no planned excursion.  I woke up about 7am just early enough to get some great shots of entering the area, but I think even earlier would have been better.  I'll try for some more shots at sailaway.  We are blessed once again with stunning weather, although it's already pretty warm, at least in my book.  This is a tender port for us.  There are two other ships closer.  I'll get some shots as we tender in.  Arrival was scheduled at 8am and they were on tender number 5 about that time, so we were early.  By 930am, they were on tender 40 ticket holders.  Tickets were available for distribution at the Martini bar before we even arrived.  I should also mention, yesterday in Brindisi, we did not dock at the city center and had to shuttle in.  The shuttle took about 15 min from door to door.  We arrived a little late at this port, scheduled for 10am but not cleared until about 1020 to 1030ish. Having said all that, you will want to get off right away and catch the first shuttle for tours to maximize the time at the port of Brindisi.  The last shuttle left city center at 6pm for 630pm all aboard.  Ciao for now!  As Fabrizio would say in his Bari dialect, " Charmanineen" aka "Let's go!"

20240430_092943.jpg

20240430_073113.jpg

20240430_072913.jpg

20240430_070955.jpg

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 12

19 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

Hope your Brindisi excursion was fabulous. I’m wondering if you are able to solve a mystery for me. 🫣 I’ve been in contact with Celebrity on three separate occasions and have gotten 3-4 different answers.

Our cabin is 3040 on our July cruise. We are traveling with our tall 18-year old son. I’m trying to figure out the room configuration. One representative said we have 2 king beds sleeping four (well that was wishful thinking🤪), the next Celebrity rep said it is a single sofa with a pullout bed, and the third said 3040 has a larger sofa with a trundle bed that comes out from the bottom of the sofa each night. The reason I care so much is because I might put in for a bid for a different stateroom if the pullout sofa is meant for a child and doesn’t fit tall adults. I’m not sure if you are able to be a little detective on my behalf. I know this is a big ask, and totally understand if you are not able to. 
Grazie Milli! 😁 Jannike 

So, Jannike...with the help of Watson who is more a people magnet than me and a 5 euro tip, we have a new friend in room tidying person, Pablo, on Deck 3.  The room has one queen size bed, similar to what is in our balcony cabin, and next to the porthole is a single size couch that extends out as sofabed.  Pablo says it come out enough to accommodate a tall 18 year old.  Regardless, Pablo has agreed to meet us the morning of the last day to show us your cabin and for me to take photos.   Im a trust but verify type traveler.  We have a late departure and your cabin must vacate by 8am.  Stay tuned for more.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

So, Jannike...with the help of Watson who is more a people magnet than me and a 5 euro tip, we have a new friend in room tidying person, Pablo, on Deck 3.  The room has one queen size bed, similar to what is in our balcony cabin, and next to the porthole is a single size couch that extends out as sofabed.  Pablo says it come out enough to accommodate a tall 18 year old.  Regardless, Pablo has agreed to meet us the morning of the last day to show us your cabin and for me to take photos.   Im a trust but verify type traveler.  We have a late departure and your cabin must vacate by 8am.  Stay tuned for more.

You and Watson are amazing!!!! 🕵🏼‍♀️🕵🏻‍♂️👀🙌🏻 Thank you so much! 😁 Have a lovely day in Kotor! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2024 at 12:47 PM, tbmrt said:

Is Quisine the same as Le Petite Chef?   Read that there was a front and back side to menu, one not matching animation??  Tx again

Hey there tbmrt, Concierge desk confirmed that they are indeed the same.

• Thanks 1

Holy Cow!  Take me north quick!  I have a personal heater that just does not quit!  Here are some must bring items for our cruising.  First and foremost, a bad a*s mama jama coochie goochie, small but powerful fan and a bad a*s (fill in the blanks)...mobile cell phone charge for my you know what cell phone because if my camera is not available you may need to call 911.  Finally, a travel light up 10x magnifying make up mirror because otherwise I might put mascara on my eyebrows and eyeliner on my lips.  😆

20240430_085803.jpg

20240430_085812.jpg

20240430_090026.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Tendering back from Kotor...question...are the videos coming through ok?  Not sure they are working...

You are so lucky! Sadly we could not visit Kotor due to the weather 😕  

Very disappointed 

Constellation looks fab, as does the surrounding area.

Great video, thanks 😊 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

Holy Cow!  Take me north quick!  I have a personal heater that just does not quit!  Here are some must bring items for our cruising.  First and foremost, a bad a*s mama jama coochie goochie, small but powerful fan and a bad a*s (fill in the blanks)...mobile cell phone charge for my you know what cell phone because if my camera is not available you may need to call 911.  Finally, a travel light up 10x magnifying make up mirror because otherwise I might put mascara on my eyebrows and eyeliner on my lips.  😆

20240430_085803.jpg

20240430_085812.jpg

20240430_090026.jpg

Haha

I think every lady of a certain age can relate!

Your so funny 😁 

Great advice for future cruises 👍 

• Haha 1