Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

10 hours ago, weregoingcruising said:

Do they have new items on the menu in the MDR? Great report and pictures.

Thank you!  It's all new to me!  I'll post some menu photos later.

55 minutes ago, Scottishclover said:

Your report is giving off some great energy😀 I love the photos - they’re helping me relive our cruise last year. We also spent some time in Rome pre- cruise and did the Walks of Italy tour. I thought it was fantastic too but it was fast- paced. There was someone on the tour who couldn’t keep up or cope with the heat and he ducked out half way through.  Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you.  Agree it was fast paced with many difficult steps and terrain.  I could not have managed in the heat!  We avoid travel in the summer at all.  No longer a warm or gosh forbid hot weather person!  I'll write more later about the tour operator we used for Florence and Pisa.

17 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Here's a little something for someone following along.  You know who you are!😀

20240424_175909.jpg

Since your cabin is so close to 8141, can you tell me what the "white" boxes are looking down from balcony?  Also, is there much noise from the crew area outside the cabin?  Thanks so much for doing so much for everyone in this thread!

59 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Since your cabin is so close to 8141, can you tell me what the "white" boxes are looking down from balcony?  Also, is there much noise from the crew area outside the cabin?  Thanks so much for doing so much for everyone in this thread!

Actually, I'm glad you asked as I took a picture earlier of what's across from your cabin.  The first photo is the door across from you that says "crew service pantry".  Not sure about the noise but I would imagine it's used mostly during the day when servicing the cabins.  Can't be too bad compared to our neighbors who were up and in and out bright and early.  The second photo is from our balcony this morning, which is a bit more aft than yours on the same side of the ship.  Hope you can zoom in or let me know and I'll crop and repost.  It appears the boxes may be window cleaning scaffold which are well below our deck.  Finally, folks, beware the creativity.  I had to have two of these "puny portofino" so I'm well on my way to Ninja Powers.  😁

20240424_175920.jpg

20240425_081821.jpg

20240425_125935.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

love the Portofino pics.. What was at the very top of the hill?  What did u do there,?

Not sure which hill you are referring to but it doesn't matter because there is no frigging way I'm climbing a up there..  We are at 93000 steps in 7 days already and we are far from spring chickens or even close to being in good shape.  Castle Brown is on a hill and apparently the place to go for a fabulous view and photos, but we have to pass, I'm afraid.  Regardless, this a fantastically beautiful port and I'll post more pics later.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hcat said:

I noticed  the TV looked small..and sat on a niche where I used to set my flowers..(no longer available.)

We are not glued to the TV on a cruise,  but this means no navigation  channel, no way to check daily account balance, no CD updates or repeats of the Podium or Capt's presentations..  No movies or TV shows or music..

Wonder when it will be restored?

for those of us that have sailed "connie" several times it appears that little or no improvements have been made to the balcony rooms that we always get..I guess if the ships are sailing full, no need to make improvements if the public is still going to accept the cabins in the same shape they have been for years....kind of  a slap in the face  for those of us that have supported celebrity for many years...

38 minutes ago, retired dude said:

for those of us that have sailed "connie" several times it appears that little or no improvements have been made to the balcony rooms that we always get..I guess if the ships are sailing full, no need to make improvements if the public is still going to accept the cabins in the same shape they have been for years....kind of  a slap in the face  for those of us that have supported celebrity for many years...

I'm so sorry you feel that way.  This is the first Celebrity ship we've sailed in many years and are having a marvelous time!  I strongly recommend you write a letter to Celebrity.  Probably much more impactful than posting here.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Not sure which hill you are referring to but it doesn't matter because there is no frigging way I'm climbing a up there..  We are at 93000 steps in 7 days already and we are far from spring chickens or even close to being in good shape.  Castle Brown is on a hill and apparently the place to go for a fabulous view and photos, but we have to pass, I'm afraid.  Regardless, this a fantastically beautiful port and I'll post more pics later.

not expecting you would climb.. it was one of your first portofino pics..probably just another Villa in the Clouds!

20240425_085224.thumb.jpg.d73f251974cb9272aec1631e404e0e2b.jpg

• Like 1

Such a beautiful port!  We were considering a tour to Cinque Terre and I'm happy we didn't.  I heard some disappointing comments about the long time it takes to get there and the short time to enjoy it.  We spent hours just walking and having drinks at lunch at quaint Portofino. 

20240425_164226.jpg

20240425_164929.jpg

20240425_161244.jpg

20240425_151959.jpg

20240425_145433.jpg

20240425_144050.jpg

20240425_142417.jpg

20240425_142831.jpg

20240425_143237.jpg

20240425_143252.jpg

20240425_142322.jpg

20240425_142309.jpg

20240425_142252.jpg

20240425_141050.jpg

• Like 13

1 minute ago, hcat said:

not expecting you would climb.. it was one of your first portofino pics..probably just another Villa in the Clouds!

20240425_085224.thumb.jpg.d73f251974cb9272aec1631e404e0e2b.jpg

Ah yes, so beautiful!  Thank you for sharing!

4 hours ago, retired dude said:

you can always pick a diff ship..We are a NO until the in room TV system is turned on!  After that, we are a maybe...Port of Tampa would be the draw

• Like 1

8 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Beautiful morning in Portofino.  Very pretty port.

20240425_085204.jpg

20240425_085224.jpg

20240425_103423.jpg

20240425_103533.jpg

20240425_103542.jpg

20240425_103752.jpg

20240425_103630.jpg

20240425_104737.jpg

I’ve never experienced topside seating on a tender/lifeboat. Interesting 🧐 

10 minutes ago, 81Zoomie said:

I’ve never experienced topside seating on a tender/lifeboat. Interesting 🧐 

We loved it on the way back when it was warmer.  Great experience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hcat said:

you can always pick a diff ship..We are a NO until the in room TV system is turned on!  After that, we are a maybe...Port of Tampa would be the draw

It's working now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hcat said:

T.V. is meaningless to me, though Mr B does comment, usually once/cruise.

Port of Tampa, YES YES YES. We’re booked for January and March of 2025. Well, we live 3.5 miles from the dock!