Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

3 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Good morning from Naples!  We have an 8 hour small group tour planned again this time to Pompeii, Sorrento, and the Almafi Coast.  Same company we used from Livorno to go to Florence and Pisa.  Italy Tours EU.  The driver was great and took us on the country back roads to avoid traffic going into Florence, where we saw and took photos of the Chianti Region.  We had a tour guide waiting for us in Florence that was very informative, although difficult for us to understand the accent.  We liked that we had 2 hours of free time in Florence and an hour in Pisa.  The group was 8 passengers and just enough seats in the van.  We are hopeful today's tour will be as enjoyable.

20240427_062837.jpg

20240427_062847.jpg

20240427_062817.jpg

Have a fantastic day! So curious about this Italytour since we are on the same in July. Looks amazing! Can’t wait to hear what you thought. ☀️

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CruiseSWE said:

Thank you! Good to know what is available in our cabin. 🙌🏻 Looks like deck 3 hallway got some TLC? From pictures I have seen online the door frames were a mint green, this looks much nicer. 😊

Yes, deck 3 looks good.  It really seems like the entire ship has new carpet throughout. 

5 hours ago, surfnsun said:

A few shots from last night after a very relaxing, much needed, sea day. MDR menu, MDR dress policy, ship officers. Seems to be a pretty lively ship compared to what I've read in the past.  Or maybe it's because it's a short video of the Martini bar area.  😁

20240426_170313.jpg

20240426_201628.jpg

20240426_190655.jpg

Thanks for these...I thought San Marco was for early/late dinner diners...What is without reservations....For Anytime diners?

11 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Thanks for these...I thought San Marco was for early/late dinner diners...What is without reservations....For Anytime diners?

Yes

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Pretty sure that anytime I'm San Marco is only deck 4, not deck 5.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hockeymum51 said:

We absolutely love Naples! It's not everyone's favourite though. Thank you for sharing your adventure. Hope you have a wonderful day😎

Yes Naples is a little gritty but the food is amazing!!! 

• Like 2

Finally caught up on your adventure. Love your pictures and ship details. Connie looks very fresh and bright. With the amount of time spent off the ship in a port intensive itin, as long as the bathroom works and bed is comfy, I’m happy! Thank you for being so generous with your time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Hockeymum51 said:

We absolutely love Naples! It's not everyone's favourite though. Thank you for sharing your adventure. Hope you have a wonderful day😎

I'm with you!  We love Naples and is one of our favorite cities in Italy.  Gritty yes, but if you dig deep and talk to the natives, you get a real understanding of the city.  We also did a tour way up in the hills, the "other" side of Naples, a very different perspective and the views OMG amazing.  Can't wait to go back for a few days in Nov. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

Are there self service laundries on board the ship? If so…do they take quarters?

No, Celebrity ships do not have self service laundry. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Finally caught up on your adventure. Love your pictures and ship details. Connie looks very fresh and bright. With the amount of time spent off the ship in a port intensive itin, as long as the bathroom works and bed is comfy, I’m happy! Thank you for being so generous with your time!

My pleasure!

1 hour ago, LindaConn said:

Any suggestions for cocktails covered by the classic package?

I think the Celebrity website lists the difference in alcohol.  It's basically less expensive alcohol when compared to premium.  From what I can tell, there are limitations between the two.  I've heard the waiters comment to some passengers that certain things they try to order is not covered and they end up paying an up charge. I have to say, we have never been told a drink we order is a problem on premium package and we've not gotten any up charges.  Having said all that,  I'll ask for some differences compared to what we order and comment further later in the cruise.

Our tour today was wonderful.  We actually went over 8 hours a bit.  We started along the Almafi Coast and got a good view of Positano, with two about 20 minute stops along the way.  The driver and guide on the very comfortable minibus of 10 of us were good fun.  The driver even sang opera to us and the guide purchased lemon drop hard candy for all.  We had about 2 hours 20 minutes in Sorrento for lunch and shopping, followed by 2 hours 30 minutes touring Pompei with another tour guide.  Great day with spectacular weather.  Photos to follow...

• Like 9

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

Our tour today was wonderful.  We actually went over 8 hours a bit.  We started along the Almafi Coast and got a good view of Positano, with two about 20 minute stops along the way.  The driver and guide on the very comfortable minibus of 10 of us were good fun.  The driver even sang opera to us and the guide purchased lemon drop hard candy for all.  We had about 2 hours 20 minutes in Sorrento for lunch and shopping, followed by 2 hours 30 minutes touring Pompei with another tour guide.  Great day with spectacular weather.  Photos to follow...

Yay! I can’t wait until we are on the same tour. 🙌🏻 I thought the itinerary was to visit Pompeii first? Not that it really matters☀️Glad to hear you guys had a super day!

3 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

Yay! I can’t wait until we are on the same tour. 🙌🏻 I thought the itinerary was to visit Pompeii first? Not that it really matters☀️Glad to hear you guys had a super day!

Yes, we thought too that Pompei was first, but the tour guide at Pompei said it was better that afternoon, without us having to prompt a need to address it.  I don't recall exactly why although he alluded to too many people that morning.  Our driver was Pietro and guide on the bus Rosita.  They made a good team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CruiseSWE said:

The guide also mentioned it was mich warmer that morning as there was no breeze.  The breeze was great that afternoon.  Pompei is difficult to navigate with graveled and uneven surfaces of large rocks and tall steps and hilly in some places.  It is much larger than we expected!  No places to sit except for mostly low curbing where getting up is the hard part.  Few handrails and touching the walls is an issue as they are delicate and authentic.  You'll want to have water before you enter.  Inside, there are no cafes, places to get beverages, or toilets.   Totally worth a visit as anything else other than the above is unavoidable.   Know your limitations as you'll want to be able to keep up the pace for the good of the group and timing to get back to the ship.  And be prepared in the heat.  The mini bus has great air conditioning!  😀

• Like 2

Good morning from Messina!  Up very early this morning for another small group tour with Italy Tours EU to Etna and Taormina.  We continue to be blessed with amazing weather. 

20240428_053358.jpg

20240428_055653.jpg

20240428_062048.jpg

20240428_065253.jpg

20240428_071448.jpg

• Like 9

Good Morning!

I'd like to thankyou for the most amazing photos & for taking time out to post all the interesting information!

I am enjoying reading all posts 😊 

Love Italy!

We were on the Constellation in Sept 22 and apart from the shower enclosure, it was in decent shape.

It now looks great!

Our first ever cruise was on the Constellation in 2015, we still love this size of ship.

Enjoy the rest of your trip & thankyou 😊 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chrisclaire said:

Good Morning!

I'd like to thankyou for the most amazing photos & for taking time out to post all the interesting information!

I am enjoying reading all posts 😊 

Love Italy!

We were on the Constellation in Sept 22 and apart from the shower enclosure, it was in decent shape.

It now looks great!

Our first ever cruise was on the Constellation in 2015, we still love this size of ship.

Enjoy the rest of your trip & thankyou 😊 

My pleasure!