Live Celebrity Constellation 23 April 2024 Rome to Ravenna

surfnsun

46 minutes ago, TwinMamainMN said:

Thanks for sharing your photos and comments. We are doing this same cruise in June 2025 so I'm following along for tips and tour info.

You mentioned pre-cruise in Rome (which we will also do). Are you staying somewhere post-cruise? Maybe Venice? We've been to Venice before and think we will do Florence this time for 4 days or so.

Glad you are enjoying the review!  Yes, we are staying one night where we disembark in Ravenna and three nights in Venice before heading home.  Really looking forward to experiencing Venice!

• Like 3

Thanks so much for posting photos. Love the pop of red in your cabin. Looks bright and cheerful and deck looks good as well. We’re looking forward to a cross Atlantic on the Connie in suite class. Looks like the ship’s common areas are beautiful. Can’t believe a shower curtain can bring so many complaints - they do give new ones for every sail. Some of us have shower curtains at home and do just fine with them … and a minor part of the cruise in terms of where your time is spent. Continue to enjoy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, happyyaya said:

Thanks so much for posting photos. Love the pop of red in your cabin. Looks bright and cheerful and deck looks good as well. We’re looking forward to a cross Atlantic on the Connie in suite class. Looks like the ship’s common areas are beautiful. Can’t believe a shower curtain can bring so many complaints - they do give new ones for every sail. Some of us have shower curtains at home and do just fine with them … and a minor part of the cruise in terms of where your time is spent. Continue to enjoy! 

Yes, I spend as little time in the shower as possible.  We need as much time as possible elsewhere!  Enjoy your TA!  That's not something we've experienced yet.

Posted (edited)

Ok folks, someone asked earlier about our TV in the room.  And I'm sorry to say, there isn't one.  Sorta.  Well, there is one in the stateroom but it doesn't work.  Apparently, they got rid of the satellite during dry dock and they haven't replaced in yet.  They are not sure when they will get another one.  Seriously, folks.  No TV in any stateroom works.  I will continue to update you all as we progress through the cruise.  Welp, more time allocated at the Martini bar, I suppose.

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Ship photos...

20240423_181707.jpg

Love going here in the afternoon for a cookie (or 3) for an afternoon snack.

Have a few for us!!

Love your Ninja Powers!!

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, surfnsun said:

Some Florence photos...

20240424_095230.jpg

Loving your trip report.  Bringing up so many memories.

I am a carousel fanatic and have to ride one whenever I can.

So of course, I rode this one while my 3 best friends watched.

Our first Europe trip was a cruise on the Connie from Venice to Rome (back when cruise ships could cruise in/out of Venice).

You are going to LOVE Venice!!  Remember your goal in Venice is to get lost and see things you didn't know you needed to see.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surfnsun said:

Ok folks, someone asked earlier about our TV in the room.  And I'm sorry to say, there isn't one.  Sorta.  Well, there is one in the stateroom but it doesn't work.  Apparently, they got rid of the satellite during dry dock and they haven't replaced in yet.  They are not sure when they will get another one.  Seriously, folks.  No TV in any stateroom works.  I will continue to update you all as we progress through the cruise.  Welp, more time allocated at the Martini bar, I suppose.

I noticed  the TV looked small..and sat on a niche where I used to set my flowers..(no longer available.)

We are not glued to the TV on a cruise,  but this means no navigation  channel, no way to check daily account balance, no CD updates or repeats of the Podium or Capt's presentations..  No movies or TV shows or music..

Wonder when it will be restored?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hcat said:

I noticed  the TV looked small..and sat on a niche where I used to set my flowers..(no longer available.)

We are not glued to the TV on a cruise,  but this means no navigation  channel, no way to check daily account balance, no CD updates or repeats of the Podium or Capt's presentations..  No movies or TV shows or music..

Wonder when it will be restored?

Yeah, we don't really watch TV shows on a cruise, but we like all the other options you mentioned.  Our stateroom tidy up friend stated they did not know.  I'll ask the Concierge desk sometime tomorrow when we aren't in port.  I did get a small arrangement of flowers this evening.  I'm not sure if that is typical of Celebrity.   I know the snack delivered to the stateroom was because of Concierge Class.  I'm told we also get a bottle of sparkling wine when we ask for it.

20240424_173623.jpg

20240424_161637.jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

Loving your review. Check out the Gritti Palace in Venice. A great place to have a drink or lunch on the Grand Canal. Your photos are stunning. 

Thanks very much!  I have a bada*ss mama jama goochie coochie cell phone camera that does most of the work for me.  Appreciate the drink, lunch recommendation.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, tcmagnum said:

Loving your trip report.  Bringing up so many memories.

I am a carousel fanatic and have to ride one whenever I can.

So of course, I rode this one while my 3 best friends watched.

Our first Europe trip was a cruise on the Connie from Venice to Rome (back when cruise ships could cruise in/out of Venice).

You are going to LOVE Venice!!  Remember your goal in Venice is to get lost and see things you didn't know you needed to see.

Thank you!  I will have no problem getting lost in Venice!

3 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Loving your review. Check out the Gritti Palace in Venice. A great place to have a drink or lunch on the Grand Canal. Your photos are stunning. 

Staying there after our June Connie cruise - can’t wait!!!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, surfnsun said:

Yeah, we don't really watch TV shows on a cruise, but we like all the other options you mentioned.  Our stateroom tidy up friend stated they did not know.  I'll ask the Concierge desk sometime tomorrow when we aren't in port.  I did get a small arrangement of flowers this evening.  I'm not sure if that is typical of Celebrity.   I know the snack delivered to the stateroom was because of Concierge Class.  I'm told we also get a bottle of sparkling wine when we ask for it.

20240424_173623.jpg

20240424_161637.jpg 

flowers are from Cap Club..esp the Rose..they will last quite awhile..snip the stem ends.

I used to.order several  big arrangments ahead but no longer available.  I did receive a very nice  mini arrangement form Cap Club on my big birthday cruise in January..

20240202_062317.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Like 2

Small question.  I was just watching several Youtube tours of Constellation's inside cabins and did not see shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower.  Is that the case?  Just want to be prepared if I need to pick these items up before embarkation.  Thanks for the info.

I, too have a few questions if you have time.

Did you pack anything in particular for "evening chic" nights?  We have only cruised in the Caribbean so I usually bring a cocktail dress for those nights, but with trying to pack lightly I'm thinking of just wearing a sundress or other dress I'm bringing for a port day or day before or after the cruise - we are doing Venice and Florence.  

My other question is for my hubby.  He loves an old fashioned at the world class bar.  On our last cruise, the bar had regular maraschino cherries not the Luxardo maraschino cherries.  If you happen to drink old fashioneds or frequent the world class bar would you let me know what cherries they use?  Thank you so much!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Small question.  I was just watching several Youtube tours of Constellation's inside cabins and did not see shampoo and body wash dispensers in the shower.  Is that the case?  Just want to be prepared if I need to pick these items up before embarkation.  Thanks for the info.

Good morning!  There are three, large dispensers to include shower wash, shampoo and conditioner.   Pic attached.  Also, the same brand and size of body lotion is in the bathroom.

20240425_084947.jpg

Edited by surfnsun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, NBliving said:

I, too have a few questions if you have time.

Did you pack anything in particular for "evening chic" nights?  We have only cruised in the Caribbean so I usually bring a cocktail dress for those nights, but with trying to pack lightly I'm thinking of just wearing a sundress or other dress I'm bringing for a port day or day before or after the cruise - we are doing Venice and Florence.  

My other question is for my hubby.  He loves an old fashioned at the world class bar.  On our last cruise, the bar had regular maraschino cherries not the Luxardo maraschino cherries.  If you happen to drink old fashioneds or frequent the world class bar would you let me know what cherries they use?  Thank you so much!

We did not pack anything in particular for evening chic night.  I'll let you know tomorrow night if we regret it as that's our first chic night.  I have seen such a variety of attire already that I suspect that will continue, but I'll scope it out and update here later.  As far as the cocktail.  I don't drink Manhattans as too much alcohol upsets the belly.  3 pre dinner martinis, 2 dinner wines, and a couple of post dinner ports is about all i can handle.  😆.  However, hubby does drink Manhattans and he had one last night.  He always gives me the cherry as I love them, but for some reason he ate it last night.  I might have to dump him.  Anyway, I will also check on the cherry 🍒 this evening and let you know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Your report is giving off some great energy😀 I love the photos - they’re helping me relive our cruise last year. We also spent some time in Rome pre- cruise and did the Walks of Italy tour. I thought it was fantastic too but it was fast- paced. There was someone on the tour who couldn’t keep up or cope with the heat and he ducked out half way through.  Looking forward to reading more.