CPS complimentary parking only

Dobbers

Good morning, just a quick question. Do CPS open parking places up again for paying customers if not all complimentary spaces are taken.

Booked on Arcadia for Iceland in June and the difference between select and saver was £1200. We chose saver as we have obstructed sea view which are all on the same deck.

Looked at parking for cruises but some reviews were worrying.

Thank you

We have used P4C for many years without any problems, other than a parking ticket once, which was quickly sorted out. So if they have available spaces then I recommend you book with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Dobbers said:

Good morning, just a quick question. Do CPS open parking places up again for paying customers if not all complimentary spaces are taken.

Booked on Arcadia for Iceland in June and the difference between select and saver was £1200. We chose saver as we have obstructed sea view which are all on the same deck.

Looked at parking for cruises but some reviews were worrying.

Thank you

Yes CPS can be booked without the free parking. Just go to the website to get a quote. 

• Thanks 1

I am another who has no hesitation with using P4C - been using them for several years with no problems whatsoever.

Overall I consider it to be as good, and in some areas better, that CPS

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Yes CPS can be booked without the free parking. Just go to the website to get a quote. 

Yes CPS can be booked independently as you say however in the last year it is sometimes closed off for forthcoming cruises. They are only taking the select complimentary bookings for some cruises.

We were looking at a cruise in June last month and there was no pay for parking available even back then.

My advice to anyone now is unless you are booking well in advance then check that you have parking (any parking) before pressing the button to book, as it is becoming more difficult to get at peak times. September is a nightmare during the boat show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

We were looking at a cruise in June last month and there was no pay for parking available even back then.

I suspect that there are two factors coming into play here:

1. P&O are notifying CPS how many bookings have been made with complementary parking rather than CPS waiting for the bookings come through to their system.

2. There are more, and bigger, Carnival brands' ships sailing from Southampton which need to be catered for.

Bottom line is that CPS has run out of parking spaces and/or staff to run the operation.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, david63 said:

I suspect that there are two factors coming into play here:

1. P&O are notifying CPS how many bookings have been made with complementary parking rather than CPS waiting for the bookings come through to their system.

2. There are more, and bigger, Carnival brands' ships sailing from Southampton which need to be catered for.

Bottom line is that CPS has run out of parking spaces and/or staff to run the operation.

Undoubtedly with the introduction of the two mega monsters the capacity has been stretched. We were surprised last year when booking onboard for 2025 to be told to confirm with CPS ASAP.

• Like 1