Binoculars

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, cruisinfly said:

While I'm glad these binoculars are working out for someone, I honestly do not recommend buying no name, or off name binoculars. I've tried it to save money and it does not work out very well. The name brands are a better product, more reliable, with a warranty. No names will have problem with the focus, alignment, and lower quality lenses. As well as moisture and dirt intrusion.

Buy quality pay once. The cheap optics will let you down when it matters most. The once in a lifetime sight that you can't see because the optics are fogged. The amazing animals you can't see at dusk because the light gathering qualities are crap. The eye strain from looking through misaligned cheap lenses that won't focus and make your head hurt. 

Those cheap optics from China will end up in the trash or at a flea market. There is however a robust market in high-quality used optics going to new owners that appreciate quality. 

Edited by K32682

3 hours ago, K32682 said:

Buy quality pay once. The cheap optics will let you down when it matters most. The once in a lifetime sight that you can't see because the optics are fogged. The amazing animals you can't see at dusk because the light gathering qualities are crap. The eye strain from looking through misaligned cheap lenses that won't focus and make your head hurt. 

Those cheap optics from China will end up in the trash or at a flea market. There is however a robust market in high-quality used optics going to new owners that appreciate quality. 

Got it in one!

My Nikons are almost 50 years old and we're purchased from a Nikon shop in Kobe.

They cost me an arm and a leg but worth every penny.

• Like 1

I purchased a nice pair onboard ( used my On Board Credit).  I think the brand is Vortex?  Good sized, HD lenses for crisp viewing. I wish I paid extra to get the No Shake feature ( my hands vibrate when holding things).  So farther came in handy.  Saw whales while cruising the Mexican Coast.  Alligators on the banks while going thru Panama Canal.  The most vivid blues on ice floats while cruising Alaska. Comes with a case, but the neck strap to attach requires a degree in physics ( you just don't hang it around your neck...there is a waist holster and shoulder support).  I just put it in a crossbody day bag for excursions.