Internet streaming upgrade and laundry questions

brovol

Just booked seashore YC Grand for April 2025. Experienced (40+) cruiser, but first with MSC. Got a few questions.

First, the YC comes with the basic internet.  Anyone know how I upgrade to streaming for one device?  I see the option to purchase the streaming, but I wouldn't think I need to pay that full price, but rather there should be just an upgrade price, right? What would the cost be for a one week cruise?

Also, it looks like there is a laundry package option, but when I go to that on the website, it doesn't show any actual options to select.  Is there a secret?  What do the laundry packages cost. 

Been on lots of cruises, with most mainstream lines, but the MSC website and app is the most glitchy ever.  Would like to take care of business now if possible.  Insight appreciated.

• Like 1

MSC website is poor, at best.  You can just upgrade one device, but you will have to do so onboard.

The prices for laundry may not be set - or they might change the packages a year out.

1 hour ago, brovol said:

Just booked seashore YC Grand for April 2025. Experienced (40+) cruiser, but first with MSC. Got a few questions.

First, the YC comes with the basic internet.  Anyone know how I upgrade to streaming for one device?  I see the option to purchase the streaming, but I wouldn't think I need to pay that full price, but rather there should be just an upgrade price, right? What would the cost be for a one week cruise?

Also, it looks like there is a laundry package option, but when I go to that on the website, it doesn't show any actual options to select.  Is there a secret?  What do the laundry packages cost. 

Been on lots of cruises, with most mainstream lines, but the MSC website and app is the most glitchy ever.  Would like to take care of business now if possible.  Insight appreciated.

MSC website is glitchy. 

Here's laundry prices for our upcoming cruise. 

image.thumb.png.249236c0bd772c30529530d1d903e03f.png

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

MSC website is poor, at best.  You can just upgrade one device, but you will have to do so onboard.

The prices for laundry may not be set - or they might change the packages a year out.

Any idea what the cost to upgrade one device, from the basic internet to the streaming?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

MSC website is glitchy. 

Here's laundry prices for our upcoming cruise. 

image.thumb.png.249236c0bd772c30529530d1d903e03f.png

Thank you!  So, they dont have an unlimited laundry package, or a per bag deal?  Just a "per piece" deal?  Does a pair of socks count as one or two pieces, and socks, or a pair of underwear counts the same as a pair of pants or a jacket?  Seems strange.

21 hours ago, brovol said:

Thank you!  So, they dont have an unlimited laundry package, or a per bag deal?  Just a "per piece" deal?  Does a pair of socks count as one or two pieces, and socks, or a pair of underwear counts the same as a pair of pants or a jacket?  Seems strange.

No unlimited, and no "bag" deal.  Yes, a pair of socks counts as "1", so does a bra or underwear, or a pair of jeans 😲  No one said it has to make sense but that's the way they do it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

No unlimited, and no "bag" deal.  Yes, a pair of socks counts as "1", so does a bra or underwear, or a pair of jeans 😲  No one said it has to make sense but that's the way they do it.

Well, if everything made sense I would always be confused.  Lol.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

Last year on seaside our YC internet was the premium one. Have they changed it to basic? we are on Euribia Saturday.

If you got the premium internet as part of the standard YC package that was a glitch.

It isn't a change to basic, it was basic last year and still basic this year, but as it is on Starlink on most (..all?) ships now, even the basic isn't bad, but if you want to stream video etc. then the premium is the safest bet.