Cancellation of MDR reservations for post Sept cruises

lorri111

5 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I hear you, but I have to laugh at the thought of the IT team trying to successfully program which res to delete, keep, or change.  Far easier to wipe the slate clean and have everyone start over.

Won't be surprised if DMW crashes from overload when the reservations re-open, however. 

I’m feeling pretty confident that there will not be enough spaces in the dining room for individual reservations to accommodate the demand. 

• Like 1

From the above postings it appears that most non-US cruisers have had their reservations cancelled.  I have 5 upcoming cruises and none of the reservations been 

cancelled.  Not sure if this has anything to do with why some have been cancelled and others not.  

On 4/24/2024 at 3:47 AM, PacnGoNow said:

They may be working by ship.  IDK.

I have bookings from late 2024 through 2026, and so far, only 1 has been disabled for booking/accessing the MDR.  Ruby 2025.

So, sit back and relax.  This may take a while! 🤣

Agree.  Makes no difference when cancelled.  We have not even bothered to look.  June 17th works for us to rebook.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Torfamm said:

I think it’s very possible that those who are booked every night for the earliest times are very likely to move to traditional dining. Just moving them there might make sense.

No.

I'm one of those people and dh and I are discussing what we want to do but we are leaning towards Anytime Dining. I wouldn't be happy to just be moved to TD at 5:00.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MacMadame said:

No.

I'm one of those people and dh and I are discussing what we want to do but we are leaning towards Anytime Dining. I wouldn't be happy to just be moved to TD at 5:00.

But you’re already booked for 5:00 every night? What would be different if it was in the traditional dining room? Are you sharing a table but don’t want to be with the same people every night or is it that you want a specific dining room?

In any case, you’d have the same opportunity to rebook on June 17 that you do now or of course just cancel.

Edited by Torfamm

5 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

But you’re already booked for 5:00 every night? What would be different if it was in the traditional dining room? Are you sharing a table but don’t want to be with the same people every night or is it that you want a specific dining room?

I booked every night at the same time with the idea that once we have a better idea of onboard activities, we could change a few nights either by going to an alternate venue (SD, buffet) or changing the time, particularly on Port Days with a later return time.

Also, 5:00pm is a bit early even for us. Your post I was responding to said "earliest times" not 5:00pm exactly. We're booked for slightly later than that.

Anyway, I think Princess trying to guess which dining we'll want now that there are new choices is a bad idea. It will make what is going to be messy even messier IMO.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MacMadame said:

Anyway, I think Princess trying to guess which dining we'll want now that there are new choices is a bad idea. It will make what is going to be messy even messier IMO.

I do not see PCL guessing at all.  They have realized a significant number of guests want to continue with TD and they are adding that back into the mix formally (it really never left if one was aware of things and requested it). 

OTOH, they will make it easier since guests can request that option upfront and it is done outside of DMW App which could not handle TD at all.  Guests can still make custom reservations or do walk-up (a.k.a "anytime").  

It's the best of all worlds if they can pull it off smoothly.  DR Mgrs have been dealing with making adjustments to whatever gobbledy-gook DMW delivers them.