Breakaway itinerary change may 12

8 minutes ago, Panhandle Couple said:

Only missing passengers, potentially kidnapped or murdered.  I guess their families feedback might be a little negative on Tortola.

Yes, I would imagine so!

On another site I’m seeing that on another cruise (Jade, I think) that they are cancelling St. Croix and ADDING Tortola. So this is obviously not about passenger safety.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jordan61 said:

On another site I’m seeing that on another cruise (Jade, I think) that they are cancelling St. Croix and ADDING Tortola. So this is obviously not about passenger safety.

You are right. We stumbled upon this…

IMG_7534.jpeg

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, TheycallmeFlip said:

Question - are the OBCs that they are giving us in lieu of NCL refunding the port fee?  

Yep! I called, no port fees will be refunded. If they were actually doing an engine overhaul (per what the BVI port authority posted… whatever that means) I would be happy to skip a port rather than have them cancel the cruise. It happens, but be honest instead of some vague email 😞

The engine theory makes sense with the changes at other ports that have nothing to do with Tortola 

Edited by COcruise
Correction

On 4/24/2024 at 4:53 PM, Spaniel Lover said:

I think this change has absolutely nothing to do with guest feedback and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that they can save some money by cruising at a much slower speed between St Thomas and Great Stirrup Cay if they do not have to stop at Tortola.

Have a great cruise Jim. My wife and I like Tortola more than St Thomas

54 minutes ago, COcruise said:

You are right. We stumbled upon this…

IMG_7534.jpeg

Very refreshing to be given a clear, non-bogus reason for a port change.  But you have to "stumble upon it" and it comes from the Port Authority rather than NCL.  Now if only NCL would be this transparent instead of babbling about the environment and treating their passengers like idiots.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Very refreshing to be given a clear, non-bogus reason for a port change.  But you have to "stumble upon it" and it comes from the Port Authority rather than NCL.  Now if only NCL would be this transparent instead of babbling about the environment and treating their passengers like idiots.

Exactly my thought. If they were honest up front I think it would go a long way. It makes sense, it happens. Sucks, but better than cancelling the cruise altogether. Very annoying to hear about it from a third party. I even called to get more info and they gave me the same stupid response from the letter. 

• Like 3

Unfortunate to read, but not unexpected anymore. If you don't like it, consider doing what we did....take your business elsewhere. We've done one Princess and three Carnival since our last NCL. Maybe we are lucky, but we've had no itinerary changes and have made all scheduled ports of call. I have no idea if Carnival Corp is being environmentally friendly or if they are following guest feedback nor do I care. What I can say is that they delivered to us the exact vacations that were advertised  without excuses. We appreciate the stability as we continue to sit on multiple unused NCL cruise next certificates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3