Hop on, hop off buses in Oslo, Bergen

MomC

I am sailing in late July in Norway.  Since I have previously toured Oslo, Kristiansand, and Bergen, I plan to use the HOHO buses in each city.  Has anyone used the buses in these cities?  Your thoughts?  Do you know if there is a stop near the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks in advance,

Mom C

• Like 1

I am also interested in this. I tried to paste a link to get yourguide.com with information about a hop on hop off in Oslo. Something is goofy with my Internet today, or something, so I’m not able to paste a hotlink here for you.

I will be following your thread, so thanks for this.

17 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

I am also interested in this. I tried to paste a link to get yourguide.com with information about a hop on hop off in Oslo. Something is goofy with my Internet today, or something, so I’m not able to paste a hotlink here for you.

I will be following your thread, so thanks for this.

Per the Hop On Hop Off site there is one in Oslo…there is a stop right outside the cruise terminal making it a 5 minute walk from the ships to the bus. Stated entire loop takes about 90 minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MomC said:

I am sailing in late July in Norway.  Since I have previously toured Oslo, Kristiansand, and Bergen, I plan to use the HOHO buses in each city.  Has anyone used the buses in these cities?  Your thoughts?  Do you know if there is a stop near the cruise ship terminal?

Thanks in advance,

Mom C

Per the various hop on, hop off sites there appears to be one in each city.  Oslo and Bergen have stops at the cruise terminals.  The Kristiansand site states they will  also pick you up at the cruise terminal, but sounds as if you may need to make special arrangements for that aspect, BUT in another paragraph it states it starts at the cruise terminal and start and end times are based upon cruise ship schedule. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by EJL2023

Thank you all for your help.  I didn’t see the stops on the site I was looking at.  I will buy my passes ahead of time.

15 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Oslo has a tourist card.  It includes all public transportation and admission to many venues.

Thanks to you and everyone else. We'll have a day there and are really looking forward to it. We've been to Bergen, precruise, and loved and had hoped to take the awesome train between them but another time hopefully.

We have never done a hop on/off bus in Oslo, but we’ve been there twice.  On our second visit, we just took the subway and visited a few attractions on our own.  If I remember correctly, we did a backstage tour of the Opera House (We thought it was worth the effort to get the ticket…an excellent tour) and visited a few art museums.  We thought we saved a lot of time by taking the subway.

• Thanks 1