How is the Eclipse Holding Up?

We will definitely have some points of comparison as we will be on Eclipse to Bermuda at the end of July, then B2B Caribbean the end of Jan. into Feb. then she dry docks for 3 weeks in late April, then we take her around Scandinavia next May. Will definitely take note of changes (especially after dry dock) and post.  

• Like 1

Hi, I just got off the Eclipse on Saturday after being on it for 21 nights on a B2b (i.e., 7 nights from Buenos Aires to Rio De Janeiro and then 14 nights from Rio to New York).  I have been writing up a review that I hope to post soon.  We had a really terrific time overall, and the Solstice class is my favorite Celebrity class of ship. 

The Eclipse is in very good shape, but definitely feels a bit dated and could use some freshening up as some others have said.  New carpets, new curtains, reupholstered furniture, and some paint in places (e.g., on the outside of the ship and by some windows) and it would sparkle.

The crew is really excellent.  The food was very average - nothing to be excited about and not as good as the Edge B2B from Barcelona last September.

I would go on it again for sure assuming the itinerary and price were right even though it needs a polish, which I understand is happening in the Spring of 2025.  If it is expensive, I don't think I would splurge on it.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the updated information. We are on end of Aug/Sept for 11 days in a SS. We, too, are concerned about the condition of the ship before it's update, particularly the staterooms as we were on Constellation in Dec before it's dry dock and the stateroom we had was in in dire need of a complete update and that is an understatement. 

On 5/10/2024 at 9:02 AM, Lois R said:

I board her on May 26th.......2 weeks from Sunday😃 I plan on having a wonderful time😃

Hi Lois..

Nice to see you will be back on X

Hope you will post your impressions. We are thinking about late 2025. I think it's the only  S Class ship we never tried!

Best regards

Hcat

54 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Thanks for the updated information. We are on end of Aug/Sept for 11 days in a SS. We, too, are concerned about the condition of the ship before it's update, particularly the staterooms as we were on Constellation in Dec before it's dry dock and the stateroom we had was in in dire need of a complete update and that is an understatement. 

Hi, JDPCruisers - I would not be concerned about the condition of the Eclipse based on my experience onboard over the last 3 weeks or so. But, I would temper my expectations a bit.  It is well-maintained, but not new. It just felt a bit dated, including in the staterooms (e.g., dated carpets, upholstery, towels were sometimes thin).  It needs to be freshened up and polished, but not ripped apart.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruiseDad-NYC said:

Hi, JDPCruisers - I would not be concerned about the condition of the Eclipse based on my experience onboard over the last 3 weeks or so. But, I would temper my expectations a bit.  It is well-maintained, but not new. It just felt a bit dated, including in the staterooms (e.g., dated carpets, upholstery, towels were sometimes thin).  It needs to be freshened up and polished, but not ripped apart.

This was my cabin (9186) taken just a few days ago:

image.thumb.png.0b5376886a04157082232ff88b1d3732.png

2 minutes ago, CruiseDad-NYC said:

Thanks for the follow-up thoughts. Yes, we do try to temper expectations based on the age of the ship, when last refurbed, etc. but might be getting a bit spoiled as other than Constellation we've been on E-class for multiple cruises. We booked this one for the itinerary, New England/Canada, so will certainly focus on that aspect! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Does look in good condition, the bathroom similar?

Yes, in good condition.  I actually don't think the bathrooms need to be changed at all other than new towels.

image.thumb.jpeg.759168b33bb375b543dbfab3f7821901.jpeg

On 5/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, CruiseDad-NYC said:

What category is this?

On 5/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, CruiseDad-NYC said:

We board her September 30th for an 11 night roundtrip Boston to Canada. If our cabin looks anything like this.....I will be very pleased!!!!!

I just got off of the Eclipse.  The ship is in great shape.  I would assume if people walk around and look for things, faults can be found, but there certainly was not anything glaring to myself.  I did just submit a review of my cruise, which has not been posted yet, but that may help a little.