Aft Extended balcony cabin questions: Vista, Excel and Venice Class ships......

Posted (edited)

My hubby loves the aft extended balcony cabins (balcony on the back end of the ship - not just the back area of the ship; see image), and he insists on those anytime that we cruise.  We love the privacy (cabins above, below, next to can not really see our balcony).  I love that there is a lounger in addition to chairs. 

We have not cruised on the following classes:  Vista (Horizon, Panorama, Vista) Excel (Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee) or Venice (Venezia, Firenze).

Regarding those classes/ships, can anyone tell me:

1. Do they have the same privacy?  So far it seems that Havana aft-extended balconies are not private (you can see into balconies), but I'm not clear which ships/classes have Havanas.

2. Do they have loungers (not just regular seats)?

aft extended balcony.png

Edited by Tigergenesis

vista class ships have Havana cabins in the aft.

only the cabins on the highest deck, have the privacy that you seek, since they are tiered and can see below to other balconies.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On Excel class ships, none of the aft extended balconies have full privacy.  We stayed on deck 15 on Mardi Gras and it was partially covered, but if we stood at the railing people could look down on us. 

We had a lounger on Mardi Gras, and there are also loungers on the Havana aft extended balconies on the Vista class ships.

Edited by sunshower9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tigergenesis said:

My hubby loves the aft extended balcony cabins (balcony on the back end of the ship - not just the back area of the ship; see image), and he insists on those anytime that we cruise.  We love the privacy (cabins above, below, next to can not really see our balcony).  I love that there is a lounger in addition to chairs. 

We have not cruised on the following classes:  Vista (Horizon, Panorama, Vista) Excel (Mardi Gras, Celebration, Jubilee) or Venice (Venezia, Firenze).

Regarding those classes/ships, can anyone tell me:

1. Do they have the same privacy?  So far it seems that Havana aft-extended balconies are not private (you can see into balconies), but I'm not clear which ships/classes have Havanas.

2. Do they have loungers (not just regular seats)?

aft extended balcony.png

Correct Vista aft deck 6 and 7 you will be almost eye to eye with the people in the hot tubs. LOL! 8 and 9 look great though, I just booked! I typed in cabin numbers to Youtube and watched cabin tours of the exact cabins. (For Vista) That helped me make my choice. ($50 per person deposits today!)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, missholly24 said:

Correct Vista aft deck 6 and 7 you will be almost eye to eye with the people in the hot tubs. LOL! 8 and 9 look great though, I just booked! I typed in cabin numbers to Youtube and watched cabin tours of the exact cabins. (For Vista) That helped me make my choice. ($50 per person deposits today!)

Only difference is that on Vista the aft balconies on decks 6 and 7 are Havana cabins, while decks 8 and 9 are not.  For that reason alone I prefer decks 6 and 7.  On Horizon, all four decks are Havana cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sunshower9 said:

Only difference is that on Vista the aft balconies on decks 6 and 7 are Havana cabins, while decks 8 and 9 are not.  For that reason alone I prefer decks 6 and 7.  On Horizon, all four decks are Havana cabins.

OMGGGG thank you for pointing that out! I just went and changed my booking. The Youtube video was wrong. I'm not sure how because that cabin has the carpeting of Havana on it and the person said it was Havana but you are correct, it is not. I moved to 6464. Corner aft. Kinda weird layout but it will work. I really want a private balcony but Havana access. I'm not a fan of the terraces that people walk. Not many options. Thank you! LOL...

30 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

OMGGGG thank you for pointing that out! I just went and changed my booking. The Youtube video was wrong. I'm not sure how because that cabin has the carpeting of Havana on it and the person said it was Havana but you are correct, it is not. I moved to 6464. Corner aft. Kinda weird layout but it will work. I really want a private balcony but Havana access. I'm not a fan of the terraces that people walk. Not many options. Thank you! LOL...

You're welcome!  Glad you were able to change your booking.  The Havana area is so nice.  I always stay in a Havana cabin when I'm on a Vista class ship.

2 minutes ago, sunshower9 said:

You're welcome!  Glad you were able to change your booking.  The Havana area is so nice.  I always stay in a Havana cabin when I'm on a Vista class ship.

Yes its a long ways away but I'm excited to try it. Celebration Key is in the itinerary as well as HMC. It will be a great time. I'm thankful they let me switch! Its only been a few hours though. LOL....

15 hours ago, missholly24 said:

If you ever get the chance grab an aft wrap, my fav room on Vista class ships, and the 6th floor is the best.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

If you ever get the chance grab an aft wrap, my fav room on Vista class ships, and the 6th floor is the best.

We are Aft Wrap only on the Vista class Ships.

LOVE them! Matter of fact our next 4 or 5 are.

We are doing the Venezia for an 11 day on Monday,we love Horizon and Vista for the Havana area "with pool".

Venezia is nice for the peace & quiet. Our second cruise on her.

Very rarely do we go out in general population 😆 during the day, just to eat basically then back out at night for dinner and entertainment.

We'll be on our aft wrap or in the Terraza area.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Two loungers is impressive! You could bowl there. 😂 

41 minutes ago, missholly24 said:

Two loungers is impressive! You could bowl there. 😂 

We had the aft wrap and someone on our party had the one you were in.  Combined it was huge.

• Like 1