Latitude Discount Excursion Heads up

Whilst NCL makes it convenient to book your excursions thru the app, your cabin and the kiosks throughout the ship , be warned that they will NOT apply your 10-20% discount unless you visit the cruise kiosk . Often there is a long line and it seems ridiculous you can’t receive your earned perk without a physical visit 

also , i booked some excursions and pre paid and was told my discount was applied when pre booking . That is not the case . They are the same price onboard and no discounts were given when booking . Just be aware that you’ll have to do the legwork and ncl don’t mind that you’ll have to stand in long lines to ask for what should be applied automatically 

do better ncl 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shanefm3 said:

also , i booked some excursions and pre paid and was told my discount was applied when pre booking . That is not the case .

I book my excursions online and my latitude gets applied when paying. The price i see when just looking at the excursion description is the price after my $50 is deducted. When paying 10% is then deducted on that posted price.  Works well for me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I book my excursions online and my latitude gets applied when paying. The price i see when just looking at the excursion description is the price after my $50 is deducted. When paying 10% is then deducted on that posted price.  Works well for me. 

The same for me. When I looked at my invoice from my 9/2024 sailing, the $50 deduction and 10% (platinum) discount was applied to my pre-paid excursions. 

Edited by roddy good boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Same with me

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, shanefm3 said:

Whilst NCL makes it convenient to book your excursions thru the app, your cabin and the kiosks throughout the ship , be warned that they will NOT apply your 10-20% discount unless you visit the cruise kiosk . Often there is a long line and it seems ridiculous you can’t receive your earned perk without a physical visit 

also , i booked some excursions and pre paid and was told my discount was applied when pre booking . That is not the case . They are the same price onboard and no discounts were given when booking . Just be aware that you’ll have to do the legwork and ncl don’t mind that you’ll have to stand in long lines to ask for what should be applied automatically 

do better ncl 

Our discounts are applied and shown on our Shore Excursion confirmation. All of our excursions were done online through the NCL website. Recheck your receipts.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

Same with me

Not the case onboard . I don’t like to book all my excursions until i see the weather or how I’m feeling . I don’t think one should be able to book thru multiple ways onboard yet have to visit the desk to receive your discount 

i prepaid one excursion and did not receive my 15% discount . I just double checked my bank account .

I book online and always receive my latitudes discount. I have never had to stand in line at shore excursions to have the discount applied. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I book online and always receive my latitudes discount. I have never had to stand in line at shore excursions to have the discount applied. 

If you book onboard thru app, room or tv monitors throughout ship  , you have to go to desk to get discount 

I booked a couple of my excursions online before my last cruise, all received the Latitudes discount without issue.

Another word of warning - if you pre-booked an excursion and it ends up canceled on-board (by you or NCL) the $50 credit is not initially factored in the refund, the FULL PRICE (or Latitudes-discounted price) of the excursion is credited and then there's a $50 charge the next day to account for the $50 shorex credit you received when you pre-booked the excursion.

• Like 2

This discussions comes up regularly.

If you book online pre cruise then all discounts apply correctly, but if you do it onboard then they don’t.

Every single time it gets discussed on here we enter into this confusion as to whether people are talking about doing it pre cruise or onboard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

This discussions comes up regularly.

If you book online pre cruise then all discounts apply correctly, but if you do it onboard then they don’t.

Every single time it gets discussed on here we enter into this confusion as to whether people are talking about doing it pre cruise or onboard.

Thanks Keith 

i may have clouded the waters by adding both pre and onboard excursions.

What is 100% certain is if you book excursions onboard anywhere other than the excursion desk , your discount will not be applied automatically 

11 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Yeah. That's why I quoted the particular section about prebooking and adressed that part and that part only.

5 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

If you book onboard thru app, room or tv monitors throughout ship  , you have to go to desk to get discount 

Correct. Exactly as stated in the FAQs.

image.png.f8c8278f74a8481ed5503ed851e7199d.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, julig22 said:

Correct. Exactly as stated in the FAQs.

image.png.f8c8278f74a8481ed5503ed851e7199d.png

Which is absolutely nonsensical. Ncl are unnecessarily making it difficult to obtain the discount . With all their available methods of booking an excursion onboard , it should be applied automatically . You shouldn’t have to make your way to the desk and stand in line with your hand out looking for your discount . Its amateur and reeks of unprofessional service 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

Not the case onboard . I don’t like to book all my excursions until i see the weather or how I’m feeling . I don’t think one should be able to book thru multiple ways onboard yet have to visit the desk to receive your discount 

i prepaid one excursion and did not receive my 15% discount . I just double checked my bank account .

I booked on the app on the Epic in late January and it worked just fine. Received my $50 and 10% (15% if Sapphire or above). I know the faqs says you have to go to the store excursion desk but we didn't have to.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

4 hours ago, shanefm3 said:

Which is absolutely nonsensical. Ncl are unnecessarily making it difficult to obtain the discount . With all their available methods of booking an excursion onboard , it should be applied automatically . You shouldn’t have to make your way to the desk and stand in line with your hand out looking for your discount . Its amateur and reeks of unprofessional service 

it is horrible. i had some shore excursion that i booked in advance had a time change so they canceled my original excursion and then rebook me without all of my discounts on the new time. whenever this happens i always have to get it fixed. not sure why a time change causes this mess when they could of just reprinted the ticket with the new time

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I booked on the app on the Epic in late January and it worked just fine. Received my $50 and 10% (15% if Sapphire or above). I know the faqs says you have to go to the store excursion desk but we didn't have to.

It’s exactly this type of miscommunication that’s frustrating 

From the latitudes NCL web page:

Shore excursion discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart and upon check out in My NCL on ncl.com. In order to receive your shore excursion discounts on board, please identify yourself as a Latitudes Rewards member and present your key card in person to the shore excursion desk at the time of purchase.

7 hours ago, M4RK said:

From the latitudes NCL web page:

Shore excursion discounts are not reflected in the shopping section of My NCL on ncl.com. You will see the discount in the shopping cart and upon check out in My NCL on ncl.com. In order to receive your shore excursion discounts on board, please identify yourself as a Latitudes Rewards member and present your key card in person to the shore excursion desk at the time of purchase.

I know that now ….. my point is that if you can book your excursions multiple ways remotely …. Then it shouldn’t require standing in line to receive your perk !!!

There are many many older latitude rewards members onboard and having them all stand on line is unnecessary. They’re just hoping people won’t make the effort , it’s tacky 

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 1:49 PM, shanefm3 said:

do better ncl 

Never mind....

Edited by PartyPlannerLady

On 5/6/2024 at 2:14 PM, shanefm3 said:

Bo matter which way I go THROUGH to book my excursions on board, all discounts are applied just fine.  Sometimes the discounts (FAS and Latitude) are not applied until after the excursion has been completed.  I have never had to stand in any lone for an excursion issue such as you are describing.

On 5/6/2024 at 2:53 PM, hallux said:

I booked a couple of my excursions online before my last cruise, all received the Latitudes discount without issue.

Another word of warning - if you pre-booked an excursion and it ends up canceled on-board (by you or NCL) the $50 credit is not initially factored in the refund, the FULL PRICE (or Latitudes-discounted price) of the excursion is credited and then there's a $50 charge the next day to account for the $50 shorex credit you received when you pre-booked the excursion.

So you are warning us that NCL gets it right! LOL 🙂

17 minutes ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

Well... I didn't catch it when it happened to me.  I figured I had a little OBC to use and any replacement excursion wasn't going to use most of it so I decided, maybe a little sooner in the cruise than I would have otherwise, to upgrade to unlimited internet since my net cost would have been quite low.  THEN the $50 charge to recoup the shorex credit I was given when I pre-booked the excursion hit my account.  OOPS

30 minutes ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

No , i can explain it to you but i can’t understand it for you . If you think booking an excursion and having to physically walk and ask for your discount is acceptable , then you should work for ncl 

28 minutes ago, shanefm3 said:

No , i can explain it to you but i can’t understand it for you . If you think booking an excursion and having to physically walk and ask for your discount is acceptable , then you should work for ncl 

It's not a matter of whether or not someone agrees with a company policy - NCL or otherwise. They are following their written policy.

If it's too much trouble to book prior to your cruise (when the discounts are automatically applied) - then you get what you get. It would be just as easy for NCL to decide that it's too much trouble to apply discounts on board - and only offer a discount if you pre-buy. Guess that would be tacky too.

• Thanks 1