Royal TV Sucks

13 hours ago, Ashland said:

If you have any problems after reading the above post just ask your cabin steward and they will put in a request for an electrician to come to your cabin and help you. 

Don't be concerned about doing this. It's usually easy for my DH to hook up our Firestick but on a couple of RCI ships we've had to ask for help and were told that they do this all the time. We of course gave a thank you ($) to the crew member that came to help.

I will think hard about if I really need to, we're B2B on Anthem and both cruises are port intensive, Norway then France/Spain. By the time I get back into the cabin I may either pass out on the bed or be coming back from a bar after using all 6 of my vouchers, and passing out on the bed.

1 hour ago, Nolefan95 said:

I also never understood for cruises sailing out of the US, why half or more of the channels were foreign. With mostly US passengers, shouldn't the channels be US based? 

Perhaps it costs RC less money to show those channels.

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Perhaps it costs RC less money to show those channels.

Of course it does but it shouldn't be that much more to show US channels. Seems like RCCL is being cheap with the channel selections. Other cruise lines have US channels. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We’ve been on the grandeur for the last four days. With the exception of the Royal Caribbean programming and some kids programming, this is basically what we get for all of the news/prime one TV channels.  No news or even limited programming all cruise. I think there is one sport channel. 

IMG_4254.jpeg

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nolefan95 said:

Of course it does but it shouldn't be that much more to show US channels. Seems like RCCL is being cheap with the channel selections. Other cruise lines have US channels. 

I totally agree!  They are being cheap.  But as long as their ships sail full, at their current high prices, they have little incentive to change things.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I totally agree!  They are being cheap.  But as long as their ships sail full, at their current high prices, they have little incentive to change things.

Agreed. Tired of the nickel and diming. With the price of cruises these days, better TV channels seems pretty simple to accomplish without being too costly. I mention this every time in the after cruise survey. I wish others would do the same. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We’ve been on the grandeur for the last four days. With the exception of the Royal Caribbean programming and some kids programming, this is basically what we get for all of the news/prime one TV channels.  No news or even limited programming all cruise. I think there is one sport channel. 

IMG_4254.jpeg

This can and does happen with the Satellite. Happened to us especially on our Panama Canal itinerary....So it depends on where the ship happens to be. Nothing you can do about it when it does.