If I've never sailed on Celebrity, what should I know for the first time?

Any tips, advice, or just general knowledge that you want to share?

How dressy does one have to be? Can you get by with jeans and collared shirts or do you need to step it up a notch?

Favorite dishes?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

How dressy does one have to be? Can you get by with jeans and collared shirts or do you need to step it up a notch?

Favorite dishes?

During the day time nice jeans.  Evenings I did slacks and button up shirt for evening chic and very nice jeans (no holes, frays, tears, and fades) and polo for the rest of the nights and fit in fine.  

Give us more details, dates, ship, itinerary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Favorite dishes?

Celebrity's suggested dress guidelines.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/onboard-dress-code

Edited by doghog

5 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

During the day time nice jeans.  Evenings I did slacks and button up shirt for evening chic and very nice jeans (no holes, frays, tears, and fades) and polo for the rest of the nights and fit in fine.  

Give us more details, dates, ship, itinerary. 

Looking at a Beyond ABC cruise in the fall.

Thank you for the answer, very helpful!

43 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

Favorite dishes?

A huge plus for Celebrity is there is no inside smoking. Fleetwide. 

• Like 5

You pick your room keys up at your stateroom and you can go there directly after boarding to drop off your things.  Also, most of the muster drill is in the app and becomes available 24 hours prior to embarkation.  As long as you watch the videos in the app, all you'll have to do is go to your muster station and have your card scanned.  You can also do this in your stateroom if you don't want the app.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Favorite dishes?

You have received great advice and please be advised that what is true now may have changed by the time you go on the cruise. Change - from when/what you booked and what you receive on your sailing - has been a frequent occurrence with Celebrity.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Looking at a Beyond ABC cruise in the fall.

Thank you for the answer, very helpful!

On the Beyond, you MUST do your research and try to choose a quiet room.  There are issues on this ship.  You may want to bring ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones for sleeping.  Sad.

The ship is really nice.  I would suggest you read some of the guest reviews and that will give you an idea of  what to expect.  Most cruisers dress nice casual like if you were going out to a nice restaurant back home.  You no longer see many men in suits or tuxedos.  Collars shirts and nice pants are fine for dinner but there are those who get dressy.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, suech1970 said:

Celebrity’s French Onion Soup is the BEST at sea!! A must try 😋

Good to know, I love a good soup!

Never been on Beyond as we prefer the smaller ships.

What we noticed, having done the ABC,'s was that it was a much more casual vibe.

We recently sailed from Sydney & there were many from the UK on board, it was much dressier.

But tbh, people tend to dress as they please, there will probably be very dressed up to very casual 🤷‍♀️

Suech1970 beat me to the "French onion soup"

It is THE BEST!

The bread basket in the MDR is always delicious with lovely fresh bread!

Tbf, the food on the whole is very, very good imo.

The Martini Bar is our favourite with a great atmosphere & great drinks!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suech1970 said:

Celebrity’s French Onion Soup is the BEST at sea!!

I've found it can vary from very good to excellent, but always a cut above the rest. Sometimes even better than at land-based restaurants.

• Like 2

Firstly, Hello fellow Yuman!!!  Nice to see a neighbor in the group!  We've been on 9 (soon to be 10) Celebrity cruises.  Every one of them has been amazing!  You've gotten great information here.  Over the years the dress code has relaxed but it is still there.  In the evening plan on men wearing slacks and a button or polo shirt. Nice jeans are fine.  Women will wear slacks, nice tops, capri's, dresses, etc...  On Evening Chic you can dress up more but it is not required.  Just no flip flops, shorts, hats, etc...  

First stop is always the Martini Bar for our first "We're back on the ship" drink.  I don't think I've had a bad meal on Celebrity.  My husband loves the escargot!  We have not been on any of the Edge Class ships but everyone raves about Eden for dinner.  I would suggest going to Youtube and search for Celebrity Beyond.  You'll find lots of good information in these videos.

Hope you love it!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luv2camp04 said:

Firstly, Hello fellow Yuman!!!  Nice to see a neighbor in the group!  We've been on 9 (soon to be 10) Celebrity cruises.  Every one of them has been amazing!  You've gotten great information here.  Over the years the dress code has relaxed but it is still there.  In the evening plan on men wearing slacks and a button or polo shirt. Nice jeans are fine.  Women will wear slacks, nice tops, capri's, dresses, etc...  On Evening Chic you can dress up more but it is not required.  Just no flip flops, shorts, hats, etc...  

First stop is always the Martini Bar for our first "We're back on the ship" drink.  I don't think I've had a bad meal on Celebrity.  My husband loves the escargot!  We have not been on any of the Edge Class ships but everyone raves about Eden for dinner.  I would suggest going to Youtube and search for Celebrity Beyond.  You'll find lots of good information in these videos.

Hope you love it!!

Sounds like Yuma formal is fine then. Thanks!

• Like 1

More questions:

1. Is it easy for a TA to pick cabins? I'm seeing a lot of guarantees, but no ability to pick my cabin on the website. This could be user error. 

2. How is the buffet? Right now, the only dinning available seems to be late, which is a no go.

3. Is there a hot tub or spa in the spa area, or just thermal rooms?

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

More questions:

1. Is it easy for a TA to pick cabins? I'm seeing a lot of guarantees, but no ability to pick my cabin on the website. This could be user error. 

2. How is the buffet? Right now, the only dinning available seems to be late, which is a no go.

3. Is there a hot tub or spa in the spa area, or just thermal rooms?

Thanks!

TA's will have blocks of cabins available so it's quite possible to pick a cabin.  (I'm not soliciting business but I'm a TA and just took a glance at the October sailing and see cabins assignments available) so depending on the date, there is a good possibility of picking a cabin.

Celebrity buffets are very good.  Regarding dining assignments, the Edge Class has 4 main dining rooms.  You can go to any one of them at any time for dinner.  You may have to wait a bit (they'll give you a pager) but you'll be able to dine.

• Like 2