Favorite Sundae

Knickerbocker Glory.

Well, it would still be a favourite if only I could come across one. Havent seen it for many years. 

On 5/8/2024 at 7:57 PM, BklynBoy8 said:

BANANA SPLIT

BUTTERSCOTCH W VANILLA ICE CREAM

Ahhh…the banana split…vanilla, chocolate and strawberry…with crushed pineapple, strawberries and chocolate syrup.  The best banana splits are made with hot fudge rather than chocolate syrup.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Ahhh…the banana split…vanilla, chocolate and strawberry…with crushed pineapple, strawberries and chocolate syrup.  The best banana splits are made with hot fudge rather than chocolate syrup.  

Sounds good to me🙂

• 1 month later...

Harters, please explain what a Knickerbocker Glory is?

My favorite is from Leon's Frozen Custard in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It is a hot fudge sundae made with butter pecan frozen custard with the addition of crushed maraschino cherries and butter-toasted pecans. Absolute heaven! It could be my last meal and I would die happy.

• 3 months later...

Not the best I've ever eaten, but the "copa" I enjoyed on Christmas Day in Tenerife last year was special. That lunch had been a bucket list meal for a long time. It had to be eaten in sight of the ocean and there had to be a steak for the main course. Absolutely no "turkey and tinsel" about this. The "sight of the ocean" requirement meant it was always going to be a touristy restaurant rather than a gourmet place. So, the copa was fruits of the forest ice cream, topped with a lot of squirty cream and finished off with thin slices of apple. One ticked off the list.