*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

congrats on being inducted to your high school's athletic hall of fame!

you should be fine with flying in on the same day.

no judgment.

as you point out, there are plenty of alternate flights in case of a mishap.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 10:47 AM, Cruising since 3 said:

Carol-Lynn Smith does an amazing Bermuda island tour.  You can find her on FB and communicate with her on F B through messenger.  She came highly recommended from "Bermuda Bound" group and I used her in October 2022.  She is a retired policewoman, super-friendly and knowledgable.  She has a couple people who work with her also.  I highly recommend seeing if she is available while you are there.

Thanks.

Got this response from her.  Since I’m solo, we’re trying to figure out of I can “piggy back” on to another group.

Hi there from Sea Bermuda !
Good day,
Thank you for asking . A booking fee of $50 per tour , secures your space on our calendar. Ideally tour times are 10-2 & 2-6pm. But we’re flexible time wise and customize your tours to your interests. Or u can leave the thinking to us to show u our beautiful island. 
For Taxi vans  (1-7 pax)
1-4 pax $60 an hour minimum of 4hours. Additional hours are $60 per hour. 
6-7 pax $85 an hour minimum of 4hours. Additional hours are $85 per hour .
For larger groups (mini bus)
It’s a booking fee of $100 per tour. 
1-15 pax $10 PER PERSON. 
Per hour , minimum of 10 pax and 5hours.  Additional hours are $10per hour per person.  
Plz use the phone on the top right corner of this medium to call with your c card when booking.  Thank you kindly for your requests. 
Carol Lynn Smith  
**BOOKING FEEs are separate from tours. Base tours -
1-4peo total $290.  
5-7peo total $390 
Additional hours are $60 and $85 per hour .
To secure your spot booking fees have to be paid when booking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, UKstages said:

congrats on being inducted to your high school's athletic hall of fame!

you should be fine with flying in on the same day.

no judgment.

as you point out, there are plenty of alternate flights in case of a mishap.

Thanks!  A surprise, to say the least.

Never thought about it, until they contacted me.  They published my stats for the ceremony..  They look better on paper than they seemed at the time.

• Like 3

is there a chance a mistake has been made?

a typo, perhaps?

they meant to honor "demographic guy" for his work compiling statistics about those attending the games? but they notified you by mistake? i do hope they don't withdraw the honor!

• Haha 2

Got this email this a.m.  Must be getting closer....

Dear Valued Guests, On behalf of Norwegian Cruise Line, thank you very much for making us your vacation of choice. We look forward to welcoming you to the private sanctuary of The Haven by Norwegian Cruise Line, featuring the most exclusive experience and amenities on board.

It will be our privilege to begin pampering you before your vacation even begins. Our dedicated pre-cruise Concierge team is available to assist you with booking your dining reservations*, special requests, securing onboard amenities, and more. Our team is dedicated to ensuring your cruise experience is truly first-class. Should you wish to contact us, feel free to do so at 1-855-625-4283. We are available Monday - Friday from 9AM - 6PM EST.

*Please note, the availability to pre-book dining reservations is not available until 130 days prior to sailing. To learn more about The Haven by Norwegian Cruise Line, click here. We look forward to welcoming you aboard very soon.

Sincerely,

Katty Byrd Senior

Vice President, Guest Services

• Like 2

I got one of those emails too and our Joy trip isn't till October! Do they still do an email for the Haven folks with the pillow menu and that stuff? We don't have many requests -at all! We're terrible Haven people! - but I do better with email than with the phone now 👵🏻

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

I got one of those emails too and our Joy trip isn't till October! Do they still do an email for the Haven folks with the pillow menu and that stuff? We don't have many requests -at all! We're terrible Haven people! - but I do better with email than with the phone now 👵🏻

We received the email also for our sailing next May, so I suspect they did a mass mailing to all open Haven bookings.

The email for OS+ suites contains a link to the preference site where you can pick your pillow, drinks, etc. Except for that link it looks identical to the email shared above.

A little less than a month out from embarkation.  Can't believe it, but I'm going to the closet looking for what I'm going to pack.  That's WAY TOO early for me to be thinking of packing.  LOL!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tommccabe79 said:

@graphicguy We will be on the 6/16 sailing and also staying in an HI room. Very much looking forward to the trip. Perhaps we'll bump into you at the Haven bar! 

Come join our Roll Call and sign up for the Meet & Greet. It's been pretty quiet and we could use the company.  Hope to see you on board!

• Like 1

On 5/16/2024 at 3:02 PM, cooncat_mom said:

! Do they still do an email for the Haven folks with the pillow menu and that stuff? 

No. 

Leaving in 19 days on Bliss in Alaska and all thats gone gone gone

You want a special pillow selection - gotta call them up. 

Hey - does anyone know if we have FAS+ if we can get water in the Haven room?   My guess is no - since everything in the room is charged AFAIK . . . except coffee, ice, cream and juices

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

Hey - does anyone know if we have FAS+ if we can get water in the Haven room?   My guess is no - since everything in the room is charged AFAIK . . . except coffee, ice, cream and juices

They won’t deliver it to the room, but we would pick up 2-4 boxes of water every time we left a bar with our FAS+ and we had a good stash built up quickly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, erisajd said:

No. 

Leaving in 19 days on Bliss in Alaska and all thats gone gone gone

You want a special pillow selection - gotta call them up. 

IDK if that is correct or not, I was emailed about a month ago for our upcoming cruise on the Gem

You can norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com  and tell them what you want

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

IDK if that is correct or not, I was emailed about a month ago for our upcoming cruise on the Gem

You can norwegianconciergedesk@ncl.com  and tell them what you want

Same here...

Got the email last week (month in advance) and the letter about 5 weeks in advance of sailing....both are highlighted earlier in the thread.

email takes a little longer for the immediate response you get by calling.

They have had boxes of water in my cabin the last few cruises.  Not sure if it was a Latitudes thing, a Haven thing, or something else.

Mentioned it before, water in the plastic bottles are filled with plastic shards.  I don't like the taste of the water in the cartons.  The water out of the faucet is free and better filtered than anything in a bottle or carton.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 3

On 5/20/2024 at 3:10 PM, graphicguy said:

Same here...

Got the email last week (month in advance) and the letter about 5 weeks in advance of sailing....both are highlighted earlier in the thread.

email takes a little longer for the immediate response you get by calling.

They have had boxes of water in my cabin the last few cruises.  Not sure if it was a Latitudes thing, a Haven thing, or something else.

Mentioned it before, water in the plastic bottles are filled with plastic shards.  I don't like the taste of the water in the cartons.  The water out of the faucet is free and better filtered than anything in a bottle or carton.

Thanks! I don't really need much of anything but I remembered those emails. It's good to know about those plastic shards - I hadn't heard! Guess we're bringing cheap refillable water bottles! Too bad they stopped doing the Aquafina.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cooncat_mom said:

Thanks! I don't really need much of anything but I remembered those emails. It's good to know about those plastic shards - I hadn't heard! Guess we're bringing cheap refillable water bottles! Too bad they stopped doing the Aquafina.

I bring a water bottle with a filter in it.  I like to bring electrolyte powders for my water (sometimes Propel, sometimes IV, etc).  I fill that bottle at the Garden Cafe.

https://knpr.org/npr/2024-01-10/researchers-find-a-massive-number-of-plastic-particles-in-bottled-water?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjLGyBhCYARIsAPqTz18kOWbzxIVs1Y2IcH8VfJEq4hiVA7Qoy_8F953TeKV9-T_3WmX_EDgaAr9eEALw_wcB

• Like 1

For hydration, I always bring the IQ mix...sometimes I bring Propel powder and  Pedialyte, too.

The BOOM-BOOM nasal sticks are great for hot climates when there's a lot of "stuff" in the air that makes your sinuses "stuffy".

My trusty THERMOS bottle has been with me for a while.  I fill it with water throughout the day.  Depending on what I did in the evening, I throw in some IQ mix and drink before bedtime and in the a.m. while getting ready to go out, I'll throw in Propel Electrolyte powder.  Good to go for another day.

😉

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3340.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Welllll....getting closer now.  This just hit my inbox....

Dear xxxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line. Your sail date is quickly approaching, and your online check-in is now open. To expedite your time at the pier and select your embarkation time, we urge all guests to complete their online check-in to provide the necessary documentation required to board the ship.

Here's how to complete your online check-in:

checkbox.png Register or log in to My NCL
checkbox.png Follow prompts to check in for your reservation
checkbox.png Register your credit card for onboard purchases
checkbox.png Schedule your port arrival time
checkbox.png Watch the mandatory safety video
checkbox.png Print eDocs and luggage tags

Important note: Online Check in will be no longer available within 3 days of sailing.

Please contact your travel advisor or click here for necessary requirements and documentation needed prior to your sailing. If you have any further questions, contact your travel advisor or Norwegian Cruise Line at 1-800-327-7030.

Click here for all details about our new safety and check-in procedures that must be completed before you sail.

Image Text
shore-excursions.jpg dining.jpg internet.jpg
Norwegian Cruise Line Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook Facebook

We hope you enjoyed this email from:
Norwegian Cruise Line | 7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami, Florida 33126 | 800.327.7030 | ncl.com

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

All replies are automatically deleted. If you have specific questions or feedback, please find the best contact number here.

© 2024 NCL CORPORATION LTD. Ships' Registry: Bahamas and United States of America.

Privacy Policy

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

I'm a pretty laid back person....at least I think so. 😉

Out of all the changes, all of the the cruise lines have been making, you would think they'd want to make their guest interfacing with their WEB site to be easy and seamless.

As a frequent NCL guest, it befuddles me how difficult and glitchy NCL's WEB site is to use.

Just as a quick example, checking in, the WEB site asked me to add my phone number.  Of course, it would be way TOO easy to just type it in (which apparently, the WEB site won't allow me to do).  I had to type out my phone number on a blank word document, then do a "cut and paste" into the area where they needed me to enter my phone number.  There was no other way I tried to make it work.

And, unless you enter your phone number, it won't allow you to complete check in.  This happens every single time I check in.

Have let NCL know (via email).  On top of all that, I don't know that their WEB site could possibly get any slower...probably the slowest I've used for ANY company I interfaced with in ANY industry.

Just frustrating.

I feel like this is their IT department......

Image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I am sorry you had this experience. This hasn't happened to me at all when checking in. Since I have a 3 hour time difference from Miami, I was able to check in at 9pm last night. It took me 7 minutes, start to finish and I had my edocs at 11pm. I typed everything in and uploaded a photo saved to my desktop (same one I always use and sometimes they retake my photo and sometimes they don't). 

I think that maybe some issues have to do with the browser people are using. I use google chrome and have very few problems. I also clear my cache quite often (sometimes daily depending on what I am doing). 

The good news is, in 3 weeks at just about this time, we should be on board, having that first cocktail! I have a general idea of what I want to do each day in Bermuda (never been there), an idea of how much money I am going to take so now I just need to figure out what to pack. I know from your past 'lives' that you are a minimalist when it comes to packing but unfortunately, I am not. I am getting better but still have the 'but what if I need this' mentality, LOL. I am going to start my list today and see where it takes me....wish me luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I am sorry you had this experience. This hasn't happened to me at all when checking in. Since I have a 3 hour time difference from Miami, I was able to check in at 9pm last night. It took me 7 minutes, start to finish and I had my edocs at 11pm. I typed everything in and uploaded a photo saved to my desktop (same one I always use and sometimes they retake my photo and sometimes they don't). 

I think that maybe some issues have to do with the browser people are using. I use google chrome and have very few problems. I also clear my cache quite often (sometimes daily depending on what I am doing). 

The good news is, in 3 weeks at just about this time, we should be on board, having that first cocktail! I have a general idea of what I want to do each day in Bermuda (never been there), an idea of how much money I am going to take so now I just need to figure out what to pack. I know from your past 'lives' that you are a minimalist when it comes to packing but unfortunately, I am not. I am getting better but still have the 'but what if I need this' mentality, LOL. I am going to start my list today and see where it takes me....wish me luck!

Yeah....not sure if it's the time of day, a holiday weekend (U.S. Memorial Day), or something else.  I tried it with Safari, Firefox, Chrome..same issues.

Maybe I need to clear my cache more often.  I don't know.  It just seems there are glitches no matter what I use...and for quite some time.

But, you're right.  3 weeks we'll be on board.  I've been to Bermuda, but it's been at least 10 years.  I don't think it's changed much. But, loved it then. I'm sure I'll love it, now.

It's easy to get around.  I think aside from an island tour, I'll be pretty much touring by wandering, which is what I really love doing.

I THINK I have my mental list down as to what I need to do and what I'm bringing.  But, as much as I've cruised, I always forget something.  LOL!

Getting excited, now!!!!1