*LIVE* NCL Joy Bermuda 7-nite sailing from NYC in HAVEN-06/16/2024-w/pics

10 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I tried to give him more than that but he wasn't buying what I was selling 😉

That was ONLY because he was probably wearing a body cam.  Barring that, I can't see how your offer wouldn't have been accepted. 😉

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

If it weren't for some fancy maneuvering on my part while in the police dept, you would have left me, told the ship's Captain I was "permanently detained" and to sail away as soon as possible. 😉

Perhaps...but eventually I might have felt the slightest pang of guilt and possibly go as far as to set up defense fund for you.

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Perhaps...but eventually I might have felt the slightest pang of guilt and possibly go as far as to set up defense fund for you.

That would have netted about $2,37.  

I'm touched. 😉

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That was ONLY because he was probably wearing a body cam.  Barring that, I can't see how your offer wouldn't have been accepted. 😉

Ha! My son and dog were with me so that would have been a little awkward 😅 

4 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Ha! My son and dog were with me so that would have been a little awkward 😅 

Agree.  Still, knowing that, I can see a viral YouTube video as a potential outcome. ; )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Ok - I need help.

I know BF = Bum F*#^....what's the E?

This group all needs help. 

I probably should have said BFOK but learned the E stands for Egypt. And nothing against Oklahoma but I wasn't speeding.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

This group all needs help. 

I probably should have said BFOK but learned the E stands for Egypt. And nothing against Oklahoma but I wasn't speeding.

ohhhhhhhhhh!!! Gotcha. Haha

And yes, we all need so much help

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

ohhhhhhhhhh!!! Gotcha. Haha  AND, yes we all need so much help

Really, for real ??  LOL. 

How can I help our fellow CC addicts here, get this cluster group officially CERTIFIED ?? 

Slightly off-topic, perhaps ... anyone need a OTC/travel meds checklist to review, here's a quick one below.  OMG, no wonder mine is bursting at the seam/zipper b/c I got far more in mine with the eye drops, nasal spray & a few other extras.  True story, CBP (better known under a different name then) pulled my cabin carry-on some 30+ years ago for a hand inspection on my way back into the U.S. and after a quick visual, waived me along ... young & traveling solo then. 

Travel-n-CruiseOTCMedsChecklist.thumb.jpg.91d925ca26b140bf671fdcd1b31cd2ef.jpg

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Really, for real ??  LOL. 

How can I help our fellow CC addicts here, get this cluster group officially CERTIFIED ?? 

Slightly off-topic, perhaps ... anyone need a OTC/travel meds checklist to review, here's a quick one below.  OMG, no wonder mine is bursting at the seam/zipper b/c I got far more in mine with the eye drops, nasal spray & a few other extras.  True story, CBP (better known under a different name then) pulled my cabin carry-on some 30+ years ago for a hand inspection on my way back into the U.S. and after a quick visual, waived me along ... young & traveling solo then. 

Interesting list….I stick with my “pack as lite as possible” mantra!

Never needed motion sickness meds, for example.

I stick with pain meds…tylenol, aspirin, a few bandaids, small neosporin tube.

The rest, quite frankly, I’ve never needed in roughly 30 cruises over roughly 25 years!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Interesting list….I stick with my “pack as lite as possible” mantra!

Never needed motion sickness meds, for example.

I stick with pain meds…tylenol, aspirin, a few bandaids, small neosporin tube.

The rest, quite frankly, I’ve never needed in roughly 30 cruises over roughly 25 years!

I have only needed motion sickness meds twice...2 times off the coast of Oregon on Pacific Coastal cruises (well known area for rough seas) and once on a tender going to Cabo. Other than that, very rarely feel the motion of the ocean. 

But I am like a walking pharmacy...I am such a 'what if' person that I pack everything (but I am working on it...honestly I am). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

I just looked up the fine for my 'speeding' ticket..$265. That is stupid. My brother in law just printed out the Oklahoma statutes and the posted speed was 45, while the 'suggested' speed around the curves I was driving was 30-35. The white sign supersedes the yellow suggested signs. So I am going to fight it (via certified letter to the Court). I think the officer saw an out of state license plate and thought I was an easy mark. Little did he know he is messing with the wrong woman.  Nothing to lose, worse that can happen is I go to jail (just kidding...I will just have to pay the fine). $265 will almost pay for my spa package in November!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Except for motion sickness medication, I pack every item on that list. And for some categories, I pack more than one type. Have to be self-reliant when traveling solo. I have to assume a scenario where no one can help me.

On my next two month adventure, I am only bringing one carryon and one backpack, mostly pharma items and snacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

On my next two month adventure, I am only bringing one carryon and one backpack, mostly pharma items and snacks.

On my 3 week adventure I am taking one carryon and one backpack too...for my shoes and make up!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

I have only needed motion sickness meds twice...2 times off the coast of Oregon on Pacific Coastal cruises (well known area for rough seas) and once on a tender going to Cabo. Other than that, very rarely feel the motion of the ocean. 

But I am like a walking pharmacy...I am such a 'what if' person that I pack everything (but I am working on it...honestly I am). 

Worth the peace of mind!  I am so focused on getting less and less to pack and carry, I’ll risk, if or when getting hit by a little “grunge”.  Ignoring my feeble attempt at break dancing, I’ve never had a need for more than aspirin or Aleve/Advil!  That said, I do take some daily meds I always bring with me!

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

I just looked up the fine for my 'speeding' ticket..$265. That is stupid. My brother in law just printed out the Oklahoma statutes and the posted speed was 45, while the 'suggested' speed around the curves I was driving was 30-35. The white sign supersedes the yellow suggested signs. So I am going to fight it (via certified letter to the Court). I think the officer saw an out of state license plate and thought I was an easy mark. Little did he know he is messing with the wrong woman.  Nothing to lose, worse that can happen is I go to jail (just kidding...I will just have to pay the fine). $265 will almost pay for my spa package in November!

Pet peeve of mine….speeding tickets.  They are little more than municipality revenue generators.  Today’s cars are way, way, way safer and more capable than when those speed limits were implemented!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Except for motion sickness medication, I pack every item on that list. And for some categories, I pack more than one type. Have to be self-reliant when traveling solo. I have to assume a scenario where no one can help me.

GG to the rescue if I’m on the ship!

Backpack and roll aboard for me.  Although, I am jealous of a certain new TravelPro roll aboard that a certain someone acquired!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 1

Veering off into yet another tangent!

I’ve come across a cheap TravelPro PLATINUM roll aboard at a neighbors garage sale that’s happening this weekend.  He says he used it twice.  Looks new.  Still has the box. 

What’s everyone’s feelings about used luggage?  On one hand, it’s had someone else’s “stuff” in it.  On the other hand, it’s a $360 retail piece that he said he’d sell to me for $75.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I’ve come across a cheap TravelPro PLATINUM roll aboard at a neighbors garage sale that’s happening this weekend.  He says he used it twice.  Looks new.  Still has the box. 

What’s everyone’s feelings about used luggage?  On one hand, it’s had someone else’s “stuff” in it.  On the other hand, it’s a $360 retail piece that he said he’d sell to me for $75.

Is your neighbor trustworthy? 

You can always spray the interior with Lysol if you are squeamish about what used to be inside. 

Check the zippers, handles and wheels. If all still looks newish and are functioning properly, $75 is a bargain for the TravelPro Platinum line rollaboard that has only been used twice.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Hmmm. Look for bed bugs…which there are probably none.  If you ever sleep somewhere that is not your bed…why on Earth are you worried about a luggage bargin??  Have you bought it yet?.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

Hmmm. Look for bed bugs…which there are probably none.  If you ever sleep somewhere that is not your bed…why on Earth are you worried about a luggage bargin??  Have you bought it yet?.

People get more bedbugs from shopping bags that they throw on their bed than luggage. I speak from experience...very expensive and traumatizing. I wouldn't buy used furniture but luggage from a neighbor...no problem. 

• Like 2

I would like to thank @debenson0723 @Sugar Magnolia and @graphicguyfor your terrific review and a sneak peak into your trip.  I felt like I was eavesdropping half the time!  Your banter was thoroughly entertaining, You all have the best senses of humor (humour?) and feed off each other perfectly.   It made me wish my trip on the Joy were several weeks earlier than it is just so I could try to meet you! Hopefully someday I will.

Thanks again for my vicarious adventure.  In a few weeks, I'll be experiencing it myself, but I'm sure my report wouldn't quite read the same..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Dan, that pre-owned TP luggage is a steal from your neighbor at the asking price ... how's that different from, possibly sometimes buying from Amazon or other items from online stores, coming from a warehouse or shipping distribution point.  Give it a good visual inspection outside in bright sunlight, wipe it clean and then check closely for any signs; then put it in a clear plastic bag, double bag it & quarantine it overnight.  If in doubt, there are specific products (online from Amazon & probably at Home Depot) designed to get rid of those bugs - spray it and keep that in the garage or backyard, etc. and check it for any signs - before brining the bag inside.  

As for the original box for the luggage, I would promptly dispose of that properly & not keep it around.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

I would like to thank @debenson0723 @Sugar Magnolia and @graphicguyfor your terrific review and a sneak peak into your trip.  I felt like I was eavesdropping half the time!  Your banter was thoroughly entertaining, You all have the best senses of humor (humour?) and feed off each other perfectly.   It made me wish my trip on the Joy were several weeks earlier than it is just so I could try to meet you! Hopefully someday I will.

Thanks again for my vicarious adventure.  In a few weeks, I'll be experiencing it myself, but I'm sure my report wouldn't quite read the same..... 

Have a wonderful time on the Joy. They have cookies on board 😊.

Everyone has a unique perspective to contribute, so I look forward to your report.

Hope to meet you on a future sailing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

You’re kind.  Thanks!  Agree with @Sugar Magnolia!

Joy is a cool ship.  Anxious to to hear your impressions.  I’m sure you’ll have a great time!

29 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Dan, that pre-owned TP luggage is a steal from your neighbor at the asking price ... how's that different from, possibly sometimes buying from Amazon or other items from online stores, coming from a warehouse or shipping distribution point.  Give it a good visual inspection outside in bright sunlight, wipe it clean and then check closely for any signs; then put it in a clear plastic bag, double bag it & quarantine it overnight.  If in doubt, there are specific products (online from Amazon & probably at Home Depot) designed to get rid of those bugs - spray it and keep that in the garage or backyard, etc. and check it for any signs - before brining the bag inside.  

As for the original box for the luggage, I would promptly dispose of that properly & not keep it around.  

I keep telling myself I don’t even know when I’m traveling/sailing again.  Plus, I don’t really need another roll aboard.  But, it’s a great deal!  And, it’s blue, one of my favorite colors (the other is red)!

I can throughly clean it.  My neighbor is a clean guy….as long as I’ve known him (a dozen plus years) and to my knowledge, he does not  have any diseases or strange hygienic issues.

Just strange that he’s selling it!

I’ll sleep on it!