Transportation from Port to LAX

Hi, I am looking for the easiest way to get from the LA port to LAX after a Royal Caribbean cruise.   I have 5 people total.  Someone suggested a taxi but was wondering what would be the best, most cost effective route?  Thanks so much.

Call Air2Sea and see what they have to offer.

With a party of 5 and luggage you will need a van or shuttle bus to travel together. Even an Uber SUV will not be large enough. There are private companies such as Super Shuttle that have vans that can be booked.

Another cost-effective option is to book the transfer aboard the ship at Guest Services. Worst case you will have to hire two taxis.

It's a pain going from the San Pedro dock to LAX, especially in the am on a weekday.  Have you considered flying in and out of Long Beach?  It's my preferred airport, since it's only 20 minutes to the dock in San Pedro, and you won't have all the traffic.

I use Uber to get to/from Long Beach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alsobob said:

Hi, I am looking for the easiest way to get from the LA port to LAX after a Royal Caribbean cruise.   I have 5 people total.  Someone suggested a taxi but was wondering what would be the best, most cost effective route?  Thanks so much.

Hello @alsobob and thank you for your new thread. I see it has been a while since you have posted.

To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the North American Homeports - West Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that have sailed from LA or live in the area frequent this forum and provide feedback here. Browse through the thread titles on this forum looking for threads of interest. You will probably find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that will be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers, and we are so glad you are posting! Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community categories list for the various message board forums. I suggest you Bookmark the page or put it in your Favorites for quick and easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you back aboard Cruise Critic again! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

3 hours ago, alsobob said:

Welcome to Cruise Critic ;o) If you are absolutely set on traveling in the same vehicle, then a pre-arranged shuttle service would probably be the best option. If you are OK with traveling separately, then the cheapest and simplest would be to hire a pair of Ubers. We used Uber from SP to LAX as recently as last Feb and it was a no-brainer.  Taxis are also a good option, there were plenty of them when we climbed into our Uber, but will be a bit more $$$. LA traffic can be rough but if you are leaving SP on a weekend morning heading to LAX, then the traffic should be OK. Weekday you would be traveling north during the morning rush hour, so be ready......

As pcur pointed out above, if you can fly into LGB it's a lot closer and easier than LAX