Checkin questions

Is it better to check in on the app or on a Laptop using cruise planner? Can we check others in that are linked to our reservation?  How? Via the app or laptop? We checkin in another week. Thanks everyone! I can just get my checkin time & do the passport info later right?

Posted (edited)

Only as it is a personal preference, I prefer to use my PC and planner v phone and app.  That is just easier for me to navigate and works best for me.  Also just personal preference, but while you can add things later (picture, Passport info) I prefer to complete the check in at one time to have it finished, except for the 24 hour prior health questionnaire. That way I know its done and nothing is pending. I know you can check in everyone on the same reservation, but I have never tried to check in others that were linked, so not sure if you can.  Maybe someone else can confirm.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Personally I use a combination of both the App and the Website.   The app is easier to just go in and grab a check in time without going through multiple screens.   Yes you can check in all the guests but have to select a check in time for each separately. 

We also were linked with friends from a different country and I was able to select checkin times for them that were the same as us.   They were able to come back the next day and put in all their passport, cc and details.

I also find it easier to use the App to scan in Passport Information as oppose to entering it manually.

I like to use the web app to add the pictures as I do it from pictures we have stored on my pc.

You can use either to revise information at any time up until 48 hours prior to sailing.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

On the app will it be obvious where to check in?

Click on the person icon on the upper right of your reservation screen.  It will tell you the check in date and this is where you check in on the app. 

6 minutes ago, cbfb said:

Click on the person icon on the upper right of your reservation screen.  It will tell you the check in date and this is where you check in on the app. 

There is an icon on the bottom of the screen second from the left that says "Check-In".  Click that and follow the prompts.

27 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

There is an icon on the bottom of the screen second from the left that says "Check-In".  Click that and follow the prompts.

That’s right! I always forget about that. Even easier! 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, cbfb said:

That’s right! I always forget about that. Even easier! 

Wasn't trying to correct you.  I only saw it as I happened to be on my app planner looking at our upcoming June cruise, clicked on it, and followed the prompts, at the time of your post - LOL.  Just was confirming our check in time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

4 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Wasn't trying to correct you.  I only saw it as I happened to be on my app planner looking at our upcoming June cruise, clicked on it, and followed the prompts, at the time of your post - LOL.  Just was confirming our check in time.

Glad you reminded me! Much easier!!!! 

• Like 1

Either is fine, but I prefer my laptop.  When we sailed last December, I did check-in my MIL and FIL.  I logged myself out, and then logged in with my FIL email and password.  They did get the same check-in time that we did.

Our BIL & SIL were also linked to our reservation, They got a different check in time, but they were able to check in with us at the earlier time.

3 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

On the app will it be obvious where to check in?

yes --- it is one of the item on the right hand list.   You can just click it and it take you to select a time.   Nothing else has to be filled in to select a time.

7 minutes ago, MarieF4861 said:

If you check-in on your computer, can you still just grab a time and come back later to fill in the rest or does it force you to enter all the information>

I may be wrong but I believe you have to go through a couple screens before selecting a time.  I believe you have to put in name, address, passport etc.   I'm sure others will correct me if I am incorrect.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I may be wrong but I believe you have to go through a couple screens before selecting a time.  I believe you have to put in name, address, passport etc.   I'm sure others will correct me if I am incorrect.

I just checked us in a couple of days ago and had to go through confirming who is checking in and entering our Passport info, etc., before I got to the check in time options.

Thanks everyone but now I have conflicting info as to whether I need to enter passport info. I will be out of state next week during checkin & don't want to bring my passports with me. I also will not have the info or CC info from our friends traveling with us. Can I enter the passport info manually if I have a photo of ours? Also I don't have a shortcut on my app to access checkin. I have to go to the icon at the top of the app with the people on it. Do I have to reinstall the app?

I used a photo of my passport on my phone to enter the passport info. Didn't need any info about my friends. Didn't do the picture since it had a bunch of rules so will go back and add later. So I skipped that and was able to pick my check in time and today I downloaded a PDF of my boarding pass. 

Yeah I can input the info manually but as we all know, manual inputs lead to errors. I would rather just select my arrival time when checkin opens to get our desired arrival time & input the rest of the info later.                     Is the checkin time midnight in the zone the ship departs from?

On 5/13/2024 at 11:39 AM, catspaw1 said:

Is it better to check in on the app or on a Laptop using cruise planner? Can we check others in that are linked to our reservation?  How? Via the app or laptop? We checkin in another week. Thanks everyone! I can just get my checkin time & do the passport info later right?

OHHHH!  Check In.  I scrolled by I thought you asked Chicken Question.

I check in using my desktop and print out my documents.  I carry those and present my app just in case there are Wi-Fi connectivity issues at the pier.

I like to print documents also. A few years ago near Rocky MT Park a hotel gave us a bill that was double than what I booked for. I refused to sign the invoice & had the printed documents to prove my reserved price. Wrote it up on TA  also. They finally gave in & told us we had to wait for the mangers.  I told them if he wasn't there after breakfast, we were leaving & they could call the cops if they wanted. They got it done. So I always print any travel documents- call me old but I don't care. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

I like to print documents also. A few years ago near Rocky MT Park a hotel gave us a bill that was double than what I booked for. I refused to sign the invoice & had the printed documents to prove my reserved price. Wrote it up on TA  also. They finally gave in & told us we had to wait for the mangers.  I told them if he wasn't there after breakfast, we were leaving & they could call the cops if they wanted. They got it done. So I always print any travel documents- call me old but I don't care. 

You could have also disputed the entire charge with your credit card company since you had paperwork and they had no signiture, but that is another board.

Yup I know. They kept saying they would call the cops & I said go ahead. What galled me is they wanted me to sign the invoice which would say I was liable. I refused. Don't worry I have been traveling enough to know my rights. 

• Like 1