Problems with Celebrity's website in Chrome

Is anyone else having problems with the website in Chrome? I can't search or manage my reservation. Either one just loops me back to the home screen, which keeps flashing.

It's the website. Likely it's not handling cookies and you need to delete browsing history. Happens to me regularly on all browser types. 

This has been going on for a loooong time. Don't you suppose that the X "crack" IT team would have fixed this by now? Oh wait.....I answered my own question!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

This has been going on for a loooong time. Don't you suppose that the X "crack" IT team would have fixed this by now? Oh wait.....I answered my own question!

This specific problem has not been going on for a long time. I check my sailing every day and the problem started Friday.

I've cleared my cache, cookies and history and it still doesn't work. What a PITA, now I have to log into all my sites. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

This specific problem has not been going on for a long time. I check my sailing every day and the problem started Friday.

I've cleared my cache, cookies and history and it still doesn't work. What a PITA, now I have to log into all my sites. 

You are one of the lucky ones then. I've been having this header too big, cookie problem for at least 2-3 weeks!

But, yes. Clearing cache and cookies clears everything and you have to re-login to everything.

Edited by CaroleSS
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I've had a cruise booked for months. Every few days, regardless of which browser, I need to clear the cache and cookies which of course logs me out of everything I participate in including CC. I think I get maybe 10 goes at logging into my cruise, then the next time,  I can't until I clear everything. It has been going on for too long. . 

So I logged in last night and it was fine. Just now? This. 

IMG_1446.jpeg

Edited by Pushka

If you're using Chrome on iOS (phone or tablet), you're actually just using Safari with a different interface. The problems you run into may not actually correspond to peoples' experience with Chrome on other platforms.

36 minutes ago, ebfe said:

If you're using Chrome on iOS (phone or tablet), you're actually just using Safari with a different interface. The problems you run into may not actually correspond to peoples' experience with Chrome on other platforms.

Gosh. I never knew that but knowing apple methods I shouldn’t be surprised. 

17 hours ago, patty1955 said:

Is anyone else having problems with the website in Chrome? I can't search or manage my reservation. Either one just loops me back to the home screen, which keeps flashing.

Does the problem happening on any platform?  PC, tablet or smartphone? 
If not, try update the operating system platform and the Chrome app. 
For PC: Settings -> Update & Security. Launch Chrome browser, clcik on the 3 dots at top right corner, Select Help -> About Chrome.

For iOS or Android tablet/smart phone, settings -> about  for operating system. Launch App Store or Google Play, verify the chrome app is the latest release

9 minutes ago, monkey@cruise said:

Does the problem happening on any platform?  PC, tablet or smartphone? 
If not, try update the operating system platform and the Chrome app. 
For PC: Settings -> Update & Security. Launch Chrome browser, clcik on the 3 dots at top right corner, Select Help -> About Chrome.

For iOS or Android tablet/smart phone, settings -> about  for operating system. Launch App Store or Google Play, verify the chrome app is the latest release

It only happens on Chrome on my PC. My tablet and phone both display it correctly. I do use some extensions so maybe that's the issue.

By the way, my husband checked Celebrity's website to try to help and I can't repeat what he said when he saw the flashing header on the home page. Let's just say he's not a fan.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, patty1955 said:

It only happens on Chrome on my PC. My tablet and phone both display it correctly. I do use some extensions so maybe that's the issue.

By the way, my husband checked Celebrity's website to try to help and I can't repeat what he said when he saw the flashing header on the home page. Let's just say he's not a fan.

For PC, you use the Chrome Browse to connect Celebrity website, where tablet/smart phone use Celebrity own app (you download the app from App store) to connect. I can see Celebrity try to moving users using app interface than through PC browser.

Edited by monkey@cruise

20 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Website is borked right now. Doesn't recognise previous cruises nor current cruises. Entering details can't find it. 

More likely a system update got kaboom.  Wait for a Walmart rollback !

On 5/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, patty1955 said:

Wacky website on a frequent basis.

I can't log in this on my laptop or my desktop computer this morning.  And the app on my phone won't show my calendar of excursions, even though it shows my cruises.  It says to contact Celebrity for assistance.  Tried all the usual stuff.  Nada. 

So frustrating. 

I'm copying a post i made earlier today on RC's page, same problems happening there too:

We've been having issues for months, with both RC and Celebrity sites. I haven't had to reset my password, but i do have to log in EVERY time i go to their website (it used to keep me logged in).

My husband has the problem some others have described, where he clicks on something within the cruise planning and it kicks him out; he logs back in over and over and gets frustrated and just gives up?!

I've reported to RC and don't get any response.

I've also noticed this problem: we use a password manager, and normally you can click on the link in the PW manager site and it will automatically take you to the website AND auto log you in. But, it doesn't work anymore for RC/Celebrity. I wrote to my PW manager help desk to ask them about it, they quickly responded to say they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it on their end....but it's definitely an issue on RC's end.

I have NO idea what this means (i am definitely not a techy!) but for what it's worth, here is their response:

"You're correct, and we've previously identified issues with autofilling on the website. The page is using shadow-root, and that's causing the issue here"

SO, it looks like until RC addresses these issues and fixes their configuration, we're all going to continue to have problems....sigh....