Any updates on foot stools?

We are sailing on the Equinox in Aquaclass in July. Would love to know if there are foot stools on the balcony. When we sailed on her in the same stateroom they were there and we really enjoyed having them. I know there has been much debate over  “safety” regarding foot stools and loungers and wondering what the latest developments were… I know there is a thread about loungers and very mixed messages depending who you ask. If they are not available I was contemplating purchasing inflatable ones but that is very annoying and I one more thing to pack…I know the Equinox is finishing up dry dock…so time will tell..but any feedback on other S ships?

thx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

We are sailing on the Equinox in Aquaclass in July. Would love to know if there are foot stools on the balcony. When we sailed on her in the same stateroom they were there and we really enjoyed having them. I know there has been much debate over  “safety” regarding foot stools and loungers and wondering what the latest developments were… I know there is a thread about loungers and very mixed messages depending who you ask. If they are not available I was contemplating purchasing inflatable ones but that is very annoying and I one more thing to pack…I know the Equinox is finishing up dry dock…so time will tell..but any feedback on other S ships?

thx

Do you really think that another post will not also get conflicting comments.

The reason there are mixed messages is that X is not consistent across its fleet.  The fact that footstools are present on one ship for one sailing for one cabin category does not mean they will be present on (1) a different ship, (2) a different sailing of the same ship, (3) another cabin of that same ship, or (4) on any cabin on any ship on any specific sailing.

If you want to be 100% certain of footstools . . . bring your own.  And then consider whether you want to stick with X going forward or find a cruise line where there are certain to be footstools for certain cabins (there are many such lines9>. 

• Like 2

We were last on Equinox in Feb. 2020 in concierge cabin. They had already "revolutionized:" and removed the footstools.  They did, at least, have the nicer reclining chairs still and the small table replaced the larger ones.  My mom was in Aqua and she did not have footstools either. She had the same chairs/table  we did but did have loungers because she was on the slanted hump where the balcony is large.  I doubt they would add footstools back on this dry dock but that would be nice. Still better than the chairs on E class. We were on the Eclipse back in 2022 and were so happy the old furniture was still on our balcony and spent the whole week out there (Alaska) 🙂

No foot stools on the Equinox in Aqua Class.  Two chairs and a small table.  Table is much smaller versus the previous table before the partial renovations.

Posted (edited)

On my recent B2B on the Eclipse (which I got off on Saturday), we had foot stools in our Aqua Class cabin balcony on the first segment but did not have them on our V2 cabin balcony on the second.

Edited by CruiseDad-NYC

5 hours ago, CruiseDad-NYC said:

On my recent B2B on the Eclipse (which I got off on Saturday), we had foot stools in our Aqua Class cabin balcony on the first segment but did not have them on our V2 cabin balcony on the second.

I thought that foot stools are a perk of Concierge and Aqua and aren’t expected to be available in standard balcony cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rotoal said:

I thought that foot stools are a perk of Concierge and Aqua and aren’t expected to be available in standard balcony cabins.

That would be my understanding as well.

On 5/15/2024 at 9:35 PM, keesar said:

No foot stools on the Equinox in Aqua Class.  Two chairs and a small table.  Table is much smaller versus the previous table before the partial renovations.

I have one in my kitchen!

On 5/16/2024 at 4:39 PM, rotoal said:

if Retreat aka suite guests arent getting footstools, very doubtful other levels will

Told by X yesterday they and loungers are gone with no plans to bring them back.  I realize there may be exceptions, but that is the corporate policy. 

• Like 1