Quality of Clothing in Shop

annmarz

I am beyond mad.  On my recent Caribbean Princess cruise, I purchased a nice Princess T shirt, light blue, with metallic seawitch logo on front.  When I returned home I washed it in cold water, no dryer.  The dark trim blue inside around the neckline bled dark blue all over the shirt.  The shirt is ruined.  Plus another light blue shirt in the load also received some of the dye transfer, ruining that one as well.  I would suggest hand washing these items very very carefully if you purchase one. 

I've only bought RL and Chicos onboard & no issues but I was gifted a wrap in a drawing. Thank you for your warning to only handwash. And even then not be disappointed if it is ruined

FYI Shout Color Catchers are AMAZING.  Whenever I wash something new I make sure a color catcher is in the load right next to it.  

They do an amazing job at absorbing excess dye.  (We had a Rugby shirt come out with a white collar and a fully saturated color catcher once.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I find this to be pretty common with new blue clothing of any brand. When I wash new blue clothing, I always toss in an extra color catcher. Soaking the ruined shirt in oxyclean (with a color catcher in the water) will often fix the color bleeding, especially if it was not dried in the dryer. 

The quality of clothing - across lines - and on shore is crummy. 

Humid tropical areas selling polyester to tourists who will be boiled in their bags?
- A crime against humanity. 

T shirts that shrink or run, as in OP’s experience?

- Deft fraud. 

linen, moisture wicking, light and airy…

- passengers who shell out thousands per week onboard are surely the market for quality clothing?  

I have purchased a number of clothing items and actually found most of them good quality. Several have lasted for years and some favorites like my quilted jacket are still a staple. You just have to be careful of what you select. T-shirts are generally not something that stand the test of time. 

• Like 1

I realize this is minutiae, but I appreciate the suggestions you all provided about my shirt "catastrophes" and wanted to provide an update.  I soaked the light blue Princess t-shirt in OxyClean overnight and the problem was solved!  I soaked the other shirt all day today with the same result. The bled dye was totally removed.

My husband thinks what bled was the dark blue ironed-on Princess logo and sizing label on the back of the shirt.  This makes sense.  

• Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, ChemistBabe said:

FYI Shout Color Catchers are AMAZING.  Whenever I wash something new I make sure a color catcher is in the load right next to it.  

They do an amazing job at absorbing excess dye.  (We had a Rugby shirt come out with a white collar and a fully saturated color catcher once.)

Where were they when I was in elementary school with pink underwear from laundry Oops.