The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday May 16th, 2024

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

No fall.  I was closing the front door and grabbed the door knob the wrong way, getting the back of my hand way too close to the door jamb.

Roy

Sounds like a classic accident onboard cruise ships, Roy! 😉  Hope you are dong well!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Copper10-8 said:

Sounds like a classic accident onboard cruise ships, Roy! 😉  Hope you are dong well!

It happened to me once on a cruise ship! It was only a small scrape, but it bled profusely. I ended up sealing it with Superglue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

It happened to me once on a cruise ship! It was only a small scrape, but it bled profusely. I ended up sealing it with Superglue.

Awesome, Mr. cooking spoon; using superglue for 1st aid! 😝 Just have to watch out you don't superglue your bleeding hand to the outside of your cabin bathroom door! Doing that would necessitate a code-3 response from the US Cavalry with their chuckwagon full of rubbing alcohol and/or acetone! Be well  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Today two of the kittens escaped from the box, one on top of my foot.  So since it's a large box and they would all be out by tomorrow, I turned the box sideways, readjusted the bedding, and let them go to town...Momma Munchkin is going out of her mind. but it was time to get those legs stretched, and to learn a few tricks.  They could get out, but not back in.  All those things about mom cats picking up their babies by the scruff of the necks?  Not going to happen with this family.  She attacks them, kicks them and bites them, ( all in love I'm sure) it's rather worrying.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Today two of the kittens escaped from the box, one on top of my foot.  So since it's a large box and they would all be out by tomorrow, I turned the box sideways, readjusted the bedding, and let them go to town...Momma Munchkin is going out of her mind. but it was time to get those legs stretched, and to learn a few tricks.  They could get out, but not back in.  All those things about mom cats picking up their babies by the scruff of the necks?  Not going to happen with this family.  She attacks them, kicks them and bites them, ( all in love I'm sure) it's rather worrying.

Got pics?

Our cat Stiv, that we had since 2012, crossed the rainbow bridge on March 13 😔 We miss him very much!

John 2012 (Oct with Stiv).JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 13

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

...All those things about mom cats picking up their babies by the scruff of the necks?  Not going to happen with this family.  She attacks them, kicks them and bites them, ( all in love I'm sure) it's rather worrying.

Kittens are soooo cute at that stage & size 😍 

Maybe the "tough love" is why ferrel cats are so much "scrappier" than domestic ones. I might not be very cuddly if I started life getting kicked & bit by my mama 🤷‍♀️

It won't be long before they're scampering around all over that porch. Enjoy!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Our cat Stiv, that we had since 2012, crossed the rainbow bridge on March 13 😔 We miss him very much!

Such a sweet picture- hugs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Got pics?

John, our condolences on Stiv crossing the rainbow bridge.  He was a very handsome cat.  It's never easy losing our fur babies.

Lenda

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1