Online Price

My question is: we have a 2D booked. The price is lower for the same category but on the deck below, is the sale price honored for what we have booked? 

18 minutes ago, deb1835 said:

My question is: we have a 2D booked. The price is lower for the same category but on the deck below, is the sale price honored for what we have booked? 

Yes... 2D is 2D.  It doesn't matter what deck it is on.  Call and get an adjustment.

• Like 1

Thanks! Just tried to call and get the price I am seeing online but it was a no go. I think they are playing more of a game now with the sales and “new bookings”. In the past, if I saw a price reduction I could call and get that price no problem. Kind of disheartening 🙁

5 minutes ago, deb1835 said:

Thanks! Just tried to call and get the price I am seeing online but it was a no go. I think they are playing more of a game now with the sales and “new bookings”. In the past, if I saw a price reduction I could call and get that price no problem. Kind of disheartening 🙁

I'd call again and try a different rep... I have yet to see a price decrease that was restricted to new bookings.  

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I have yet to see a price decrease that was restricted to new bookings which was not honored.  

Fixed.

The sailings on the GGG flier are usually always restricted to new bookings: from the flier "*Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Shareholder Benefits"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deb1835 said:

I even tried booking as a new people with my sister's info and the price I saw online changed when I tried to book.  Bait and switch.

Sometimes it’s like they don’t want to make money. If the price is decent I book, if not I wait or find something else to do with my vacation dollars. I have not encountered OPs exact scenario, but some that have given me pause. Sometimes it’s just not meant to be.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Fixed.

The sailings on the GGG flier are usually always restricted to new bookings: from the flier "*Going, Going, Gone is valid for new individual bookings only. Offer is not combinable with any promotional offers or discounts with the exception of Shareholder Benefits"

forgot about those...  I was more thinking about prices I found on Royal's website.

4 hours ago, deb1835 said:

I just received this response from the executive office:  

We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices and will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. Please note changes and errors occasionally occur and we do apologize for any frustrations with this.
I Just checked online and the price is the same cheaper price than I saw several days ago.  How much time do they need to become aware of and change?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, SeaMee said:

We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices and will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. Please note changes and errors occasionally occur and we do apologize for any frustrations with this.
I Just checked online and the price is the same cheaper price than I saw several days ago.  How much time do they need to become aware of and change?

I sent a message online detailing the discounts showing up - we’ll see if I get any reply to that. I spoke to a rep yesterday and today with no results. Ugh…

1 hour ago, deb1835 said:

I sent a message online detailing the discounts showing up - we’ll see if I get any reply to that. I spoke to a rep yesterday and today with no results. Ugh…

If I sent an email a couple of days ago about the pricing why haven't they fixed it?  That's what makes me consistently think bait and switch.

10 hours ago, SeaMee said:

If I sent an email a couple of days ago about the pricing why haven't they fixed it?  That's what makes me consistently think bait and switch.

I called the main number this morning instead of the crown & anchor number and finally got through to someone who could help. Saved another $388 off 2 bookings. This was our second price reduction.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deb1835 said:

I called the main number this morning instead of the crown & anchor number and finally got through to someone who could help. Saved another $388 off 2 bookings. This was our second price reduction.

Had you originally booked using a travel agent?  

I think RCI agents know/use the prices before they are posted.

I called my TA; they looked it up and had better than the online price.  TA called RCI, and it was $4,000, $300 more than the online price.  

Guess what?  The next day it was $4,000.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 3:27 PM, SeaMee said:

About 8yrs ago when the following years Sailings were being released Royal site listed Suites REALLY cheap, I remember seeing a 2Bed/2BA was cheaper then a Balcony. Bunch people jumped on them, some paid in Full thinking if Company found out they'd let them keep the Cabins at the lower prices. NOPE! They found out and Royal gave everyone a Choice who Booked these Suites, either pay thousands more or cancel Bookings. Was then many realized Royal had people watching Cruise Critic, reading the long thread on the mistake on Suite Prices

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 5/23/2024 at 2:08 PM, deb1835 said:

Is the price truly cheaper online or are you looking at it without port fees and taxes? Until July 1 they are still advertising the prices without port fees and taxes until you put the cruise into the cart. I see that often where you think the price has gone down by $100 to $500 but the online fare is missing the fees.  If you work with a TA, they can check your rate and make price adjustments on the fly without having to call Royal Caribbean. 

59 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Is the price truly cheaper online or are you looking at it without port fees and taxes? Until July 1 they are still advertising the prices without port fees and taxes until you put the cruise into the cart. I see that often where you think the price has gone down by $100 to $500 but the online fare is missing the fees.  If you work with a TA, they can check your rate and make price adjustments on the fly without having to call Royal Caribbean. 

When looking at prices, I always take it to the point where I am seeing the price with fees online. Then I make the phone call. I have already gotten two price reductions.