Price Drop question

We live in the UK and have a cruise booked directly through Celebrity, we have not made final payment and there is a price drop.

Is it worth a call or does it only apply to US citizens?

1 minute ago, Blossom3 said:

We live in the UK and have a cruise booked directly through Celebrity, we have not made final payment and there is a price drop.

Is it worth a call or does it only apply to US citizens?

I would certainly call. I don't think it applies to US citizens only, but I may be mistaken. We check the prices almost daily. We have a cruise booked next year (2025) with Celebrity and have repriced it twice so far. Best of Luck. 

5 minutes ago, JJK2008 said:

I would certainly call. I don't think it applies to US citizens only, but I may be mistaken. We check the prices almost daily. We have a cruise booked next year (2025) with Celebrity and have repriced it twice so far. Best of Luck. 

Thank you, it cant hurt to try.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Blossom3 said:

Thank you, it cant hurt to try.

Agree that it certainly can't hurt to try.  But there are some differences in policies between the US and UK bookings.  Don't know if any of that would apply with price drops.  I would be curious to hear of your outcome.  Good luck!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I have the same exact question. My cruise is this July and I have made the full payment a couple of weeks ago. The concierge room I booked is now £1000 cheaper. I booked it directly on Celebrity's website. What is it best to contact Celebrity for a price match, over the phone or by sending the price guarantee form? Thanks!

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, flora_76 said:

I have the same exact question. My cruise is this July and I have made the full payment a couple of weeks ago. The concierge room I booked is now £1000 cheaper. I booked it directly on Celebrity's website. What is it best to contact Celebrity for a price match, over the phone or by sending the price guarantee form? Thanks!

There can be differences with price drops pre and post final payment.  Frequently, those that occur post final payment carry the caveat that they are for new bookings only.  Not sure how Best Price Guarantee is impacted by that. BPG also carries the condition that savings options vary by whether or not the request is submitted pre or post final payment.  UK conditions say that it is only valid at the time of booking - not sure how to interpret that.

I think all you can do is call to find out.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was of the opinion (which of course could be wrong) that the UK does not support price matching after the first 24 hours.   Has something to do with difference in law.

One other consideration is when you booked it and what perks you had.    I have a number of bookings that included gratuities and booking onboard credit.   If I adjusted the rate i would loose one or both.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was of the opinion (which of course could be wrong) that the UK does not support price matching after the first 24 hours.   Has something to do with difference in law.

One other consideration is when you booked it and what perks you had.    I have a number of bookings that included gratuities and booking onboard credit.   If I adjusted the rate i would loose one or both.

Good points.  Maybe the price matching time period clause is what is meant by the T & C stating that it is only valid at the time of booking?

We had the price drop during Covid only and now it’s gone. I checked when we booked last August for our cruise this July. I managed to get them to match a price I found online and honour $100 extra OBC from watching a webinar (I was a week late claiming it) but I checked about repricing later and that was a no for UK customers. 

1 hour ago, flora_76 said:

Sorry...cannot answer your question but wanted to welcome you to Cruise Critic!

• Like 3

Even if they won't price match (or even if they do), I'd call and ask the question if there is any perk they might offer instead.  I'm always very very nice to whoever I'm talking to.  You might score a free or discounted add-on you are on the fence about or get into a higher grade cabin.  If you call, frame the question suggesting the sort of alternatives you'd be interested in - flexibility seems to be key to better offers.  I contacted them due to an issue (not pricing related but expected it to cost extra to resolve), and let them know I could switch ships & dates if they could help me address it - I was offered a class upgrade in my room - and nothing I could have possibly gotten online for same invested price.  I was asked if I'd take the offer on the spot if a supervisor would authorize the change because they likely wouldn't be able to offer it later.  I called mainly because I didn't want to wade through the instructions how to deal with my issue & I ended up with something much better than I could have done on my own.  I don't entirely understand what triggered the offer, but the agents have access to upgrades and perks they don't publish online. I am a first time cruiser with the line, so I don't know if making a good first impression played into it.  Best of luck.

I tried to get a price drop when our Australia and New Zealand cruise dropped by over £500. Unfortunately they wouldn’t reduce it so I cancelled and rebooked. I was still ahead but lost £300 deposit. We rebooked through a TA and they gave us a further £150 reduction. 

If you have booked though the Future Cruise Promotion that they run whilst on board (when you have 6 months to book a cruise) then yes the UK market is entitled to any price drop before final payment.  This has been confirmed by my Celebrity Cruise consultant that I regularly use and I have just got off the Beyond 2 weeks ago and it was also confirmed by the future cruise team.  The better terms and conditions that you gain by taking this promotion out whilst on board is the greatest benefit for a UK traveller.  Hence I signed up for 2 whilst on the Beyond!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just to add… I already had a cruise booked via the programme for next year and when I booked it my Celebrity Cruise consultant told me to monitor the prices and call up if I see a price drop.

Edited by Sea38

9 hours ago, Sea38 said:

If you have booked though the Future Cruise Promotion that they run whilst on board (when you have 6 months to book a cruise) then yes the UK market is entitled to any price drop before final payment.  This has been confirmed by my Celebrity Cruise consultant that I regularly use and I have just got off the Beyond 2 weeks ago and it was also confirmed by the future cruise team.  The better terms and conditions that you gain by taking this promotion out whilst on board is the greatest benefit for a UK traveller.  Hence I signed up for 2 whilst on the Beyond!

Thank you so much! I did not know this! I have been considering booking on board and this really makes it worthwhile