Tpping (gratuities) breakdown ?

CAL7

In the Brittania class the standard gratuity charge is $16/pp/pd.  Can anyone tell me how this is broken down for distribution to the recipients (e.g. $10 to dining service team + $5 to cabin Steward + $1 Mait're D, or whatever)?

I doubt for one minute that anybody will have that information and it certainly will not be public.

Out of interest why does it matter - either accept that you pay it and not worry about it or have it removed and pay whoever you want whatever you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAL7 said:

In the Brittania class the standard gratuity charge is $16/pp/pd.  Can anyone tell me how this is broken down for distribution to the recipients (e.g. $10 to dining service team + $5 to cabin Steward + $1 Mait're D, or whatever)?

Why?

• Like 1

Just now, Lee Jones Jnr said:

Why?

Just looking for some guidelines for the cash gratuities I'm doing in lieu of the standard ship-managed tips.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CAL7 said:

Just looking for some guidelines for the cash gratuities I'm doing in lieu of the standard ship-managed tips.

If you are not wanting to pay the hotel service charge, then surely it's because you want to define this on your own terms? Which is certainly allowed, but if you are going to individually tip the approximately 1,000 members of crew on your ship then you are going to be quite busy.

• Like 4

You may get tipping advice here on CC, but it won't be good advice. Tipping is always a hot topic on CC. Sadly, too many people just can't worry about themselves and MUST interject with their opinion on what people should/should not do whether that is tip, no tip, auto tip, whatever. Do what YOU believe is right for you. Don't worry about what anyone else says.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAL7 said:

Don’t forget the money is shared out with all crew, laundry, galley engine room, maintenance,  waste disposal and too many other behind the scenes  folk to mention. They are all equally deserving in my opinion and easy to overlook. 

• Like 2

I'm afraid nobody here has that information. The simplest thing to do is to leave the Hotel and Dining Charge in place then there's nothing to think about. 

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CAL7 said:

You can leave the Hotel and Dining Charge on, and give US dollar cash bills to any people you feel go above and beyond if you want.  The crew members work hard and you will never meet many of them.

Edited by stan01
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CAL7 said:

You’re looking for guidelines on the tips you’re going to remove in order to give them the tips you’ve removed? 

Am I missing something? 🤔

11 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Don’t forget the money is shared out with all crew, laundry, galley engine room, maintenance,  waste disposal and too many other behind the scenes  folk to mention. They are all equally deserving in my opinion and easy to overlook. 

Engineering staff do not qualify, only "Hotel" staff.

• Like 2

@CAL7 it's the impossible question.

At the end of the day it's your $ your choice, the main thing is to enjoy your onboard experience and don't get caught up in the gratuities saga, do what suits you and let others worry about what they do.

• Like 4