Booking entertainment (& boarding times)

Hi all,

I've been having a look trying to find the answer to my questions but I'm still not 100% sure so thought I'd ask. First time cruising on P&O.

I go on the Iona in 2 weeks time (so booking for 14 days ahead opened yesterday). All that was available yesterday were 6 shows in the SkyDome, nothing in the main theatre. The shows that were in the SkyDome were only on 1 or 2 days, some days had no shows at all. 

Does this mean that everything is already booked up and we've missed out? Does the main theatre hold any seats for on the night walk-ups? Or do more bookings open up once you're on the ship using the 'app'?

If the latter, does a late boarding time put you at a disadvantage? My friend and I have very different boarding times, our bookings are not linked and when I go to book a show that is available online I can only book a single seat. Once on the 'app' can you book for more than just yourself? For example, we'd like to eat in the Olive Grove, which I've heard is only bookable once on board. Do we both have to book tables for 1 then ask for a 2 on the night?

Hope all that makes sense. And thanks in advance for the help.

CC

Hello. I am on Iona in 2 weeks and booked my theatre shows yesterday (Lloyd Wade, Magnolia Road, Festival and Take That). I admit it is badly worded but I think these are shows all in the theatre as the location of these performances are decks 6 and 7 forward.

My understanding is that there are seats available on the night - however altho a P&O regular it is my first time on one of their big ships.

I’m sure someone else who has been on her will come back with a more comprehensive answer.

42 minutes ago, cruising_chemist said:

Hi all,

I've been having a look trying to find the answer to my questions but I'm still not 100% sure so thought I'd ask. First time cruising on P&O.

I go on the Iona in 2 weeks time (so booking for 14 days ahead opened yesterday). All that was available yesterday were 6 shows in the SkyDome, nothing in the main theatre. The shows that were in the SkyDome were only on 1 or 2 days, some days had no shows at all. 

Does this mean that everything is already booked up and we've missed out? Does the main theatre hold any seats for on the night walk-ups? Or do more bookings open up once you're on the ship using the 'app'?

If the latter, does a late boarding time put you at a disadvantage? My friend and I have very different boarding times, our bookings are not linked and when I go to book a show that is available online I can only book a single seat. Once on the 'app' can you book for more than just yourself? For example, we'd like to eat in the Olive Grove, which I've heard is only bookable once on board. Do we both have to book tables for 1 then ask for a 2 on the night?

Hope all that makes sense. And thanks in advance for the help.

CC

Hi there. I'm on Arvia in 2 weeks time and have been on her a few times as well as Iona.

I would book now for the shows that are available and you would like to see. You can however book onboard with the Myholiday web page. Obviously the longer you leave it the less chance you have of getting the times you want.

The shows are shown twice or three times a night so plenty of availability and some are shown 2 nights running so 6 shows altogether. On the rare time we didn't get in the 830 showing you can join a queue and at 8:20 you can take the place of anyone booked that hasn't arrived.

You can only book for people on your booking for the entertainment but as seats are not allocated if you arrive together you can sit together.

With regards dining you can book a table for as many guests as you like yourself. Olive Grove should be available now, it was for me yesterday a day earlier than the normal 14 days.

There will be lots of staff on hand to show you how to use the Web page if needed. But you can always go to the venue and book the old fashioned way if you like.

Enjoy

If you link your booking you can book tables for 2.

There are shows every night in the Skydome, and you don't pre-book them, it's open seating. The later show is generally less popular than the earlier shows.

The theatre shows can be accessed without booking by turning up 10 minutes before the start.

The 710 and Olive Grove are worth booking as soon as you board: although they will have cancellations during the week, it's still best to book.

Have fun!

1 hour ago, Cloudyrain said:

If you link your booking you can book tables for 2.

There are shows every night in the Skydome, and you don't pre-book them, it's open seating. The later show is generally less popular than the earlier shows.

The theatre shows can be accessed without booking by turning up 10 minutes before the start.

The 710 and Olive Grove are worth booking as soon as you board: although they will have cancellations during the week, it's still best to book.

Have fun!

On Princess a week ago, and their show times were 8:00pm and 10:00pm, which we thought was much better times than the P&O, 8:30 & 10:30.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

On Princess a week ago, and their show times were 8:00pm and 10:00pm, which we thought was much better times than the P&O, 8:30 & 10:30.

The theatre times are a perfect fit for the fixed dining times of 6.30 and 8.30. Allowing a two hour window between seating in the dining room and getting to the theatre in plenty of time. 8pm and 10pm would not work.

• Like 1

@Angel57 Good spot, I hadn't noticed the deck listings on the performances and only read the 'Brand new for Iona, enjoy all SkyDome has to offer' intro and made an assumption. Thank you! 

@Sawdan The Olive Grove doesn't seem to allow advanced bookings and just says 'Please enquire on board' - maybe it's different on Arvia and Iona?

Thanks for all the info, looks like we might be ok not linking the bookings. But hopefully this can be done once on board if needed.

• Like 1