What am I missing (dining experience question)

dbrown84

About to go on my first MSC cruise, and I'm looking into dining at butchers cut and teppanyaki.  From menus I've found online, the dining experience menu at butchers cut is $39 and $44 at teppanyaki.  That's $83 total.  The price of the 2 meal dining package is $95.  I'm obviously missing something.....   Why would I purchase the package?  Thanks 

Pretty sure those are old prices. I think Butchers Cut and the ocean Cay restaurants are $59 each for the  dining experience. Guessing Teppanyaki is too, or maybe a few bucks more.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

About to go on my first MSC cruise, and I'm looking into dining at butchers cut and teppanyaki.  From menus I've found online, the dining experience menu at butchers cut is $39 and $44 at teppanyaki.  That's $83 total.  The price of the 2 meal dining package is $95.  I'm obviously missing something.....   Why would I purchase the package?  Thanks 

Butcher's Cut is $59 and Teppanyaki is $44. 

IMG_8360.thumb.jpeg.1a6be113ef7345565029684bfff25e83.jpeg

IMG_8332.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 4:27 AM, mcoler181 said:

I think purchasing on board you will also incur the 18% service charge

I'm glad you mentioned the service charge.  without it, it looks like only a $8 savings with buying the package

51 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

When you purchase the "package deal" the menu is limited.  

You don't get to choose from the full menu.  

right.  we're quoting the limited menu prices

11 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm glad you mentioned the service charge.  without it, it looks like only a $8 savings with buying the package

O.K., but it is a savings off the retail price of the dining experiences. 

Posted (edited)

Just a note: If you are Diamond, or have one of the packages, you can get anything on the menu outside of the "Dining Experience" items for 50% off the regular price. I always go to Butcher's Cut for my Diamond meal and get the 20-ounce Ribeye meal that I love for 50% off the regular price.

IMG_0743.JPG

Edited by GA Dave
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GA Dave said:

I always go to Butcher's Cut for my Diamond meal and get the 20-ounce Ribeye meal that I love for 50% off the regular price.

The real pro tip is to do that, but first replace your dinky starter with a Shellfish Platter.

platter.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 7:22 AM, dbrown84 said:

Ok???????

O.K., you can buy the package and save $8. OR.... not buy the package and pay $8 more. Seems simple. 

Edited by BirdTravels

3 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

O.K., you can buy the package and save $8. OR.... not buy the package and pay $8 more. Seems simple. 

It seems very simple.  I was (and still am) clueless as to why you're posting it in response to me as I never said anything contrary to it 

If I buy, say, the 5 meal dining experience package, does that mean I have to eat once in every specialty restaurant? For instance, I don’t like Ocean Cay, and would rather eat teppanyaki twice. Can I do that?