Main seating times

Grumpy8

Princess is in the process of changing back to add the same table/same time dining. The new system is supposed to be ready June 17th. After that you should be able to book in the dining app or on the web, assuming no glitches.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Grumpy8 said:

Does Princess have early and late main seating times. if so how do you book them?

They will for cruises sailing after Sept 15th as they are in the process of adding back traditional dining.  Booking is suppose to open for the new dining times on June 17th. 

lol…see @skynight

Edited by t&atravel

You also have the option of making MDR reservations starting at 5:00 PM and every 10 minutes thereafter with shared or private table of their choice. As well, you can just show up when you’re ready to eat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BamaVol said:

You also have the option of making MDR reservations starting at 5:00 PM and every 10 minutes thereafter with shared or private table of their choice. As well, you can just show up when you’re ready to eat. 

So, basically back to the old system of having the option for either Traditional dining or Anytime dining.  

I think this is a good change.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Grumpy8 said:

We leave for the back to back cruises Aug. 28

If the second cruise leaves after Sept 14th, it will have traditional dining as an option.

But, as was noted, you can make your own traditional dining if you want it. Before they wiped out all our reservations, I had them for every night at the same time for my Jan '25 cruise. Depending on how early the first seating for TD is, I may still do that once we can make reservations again.

25 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

If the second cruise leaves after Sept 14th, it will have traditional dining as an option.

But, as was noted, you can make your own traditional dining if you want it. Before they wiped out all our reservations, I had them for every night at the same time for my Jan '25 cruise. Depending on how early the first seating for TD is, I may still do that once we can make reservations again.

Thank you

@Grumpy8

here is what Princess news says. So you should be able to pick a time and dining room now for your August 28th cruise? Only cruises/ voyages on or after September 14th will have to wait until June 17th or beyond to book.

Our guests have been delighted with the dining flexibility aboard Sun Princess and we’re pleased to extend the concept to all the other ships in our fleet,” said Sami Kohen, Princess Cruises vice president of food and beverage.  “Now whether guests prefer an early seating every evening, or change things up every night, or even change their mind, these flexible dining options ensure that their dining preference is effortlessly accommodated.”

Starting on April 15, 2024, the new approach will launch on Princess voyages departing September 14, 2024 and beyond. To support these changes and the transition to the new system, main dining reservations that already have been made for voyages sailing September 14 and beyond for any ship except Sun Princess will be cancelled. Main dining reservations for guests sailing through September 13 will not be affected.

Starting June 17, booked guests will be able to use the app ahead of their voyage to opt for traditional seating in a dedicated dining room with the same waiter, same table and same time each night, or flexible dining, allowing them to enjoy dinner at any available time and table size of their choosing in either the Reservable or Open Seating dining rooms. 

This change does not affect guests booked in specialty dining restaurants or suite or reserve collection accommodations, who enjoy a dedicated dining room on Princess ships, where no reservations are required.

11 hours ago, ldubs said:

So, basically back to the old system of having the option for either Traditional dining or Anytime dining.  

I think this is a good change.  

What is different is the option to book ahead for individual nights. 

• Thanks 1