Purchasing a Hot Glass Glass class on the Solstice class ship

I would really like to do this class on our Solstice cruise in September. When I selected the class and added it to my cart it went directly to payment for the class. There were no choices for days or times for class choices. Has anyone done the class? If so, were you ever given a chance to pick day/time or was it just assigned?

42 minutes ago, Kevin's girl said:

I would really like to do this class on our Solstice cruise in September. When I selected the class and added it to my cart it went directly to payment for the class. There were no choices for days or times for class choices. Has anyone done the class? If so, were you ever given a chance to pick day/time or was it just assigned?

You sign up for the class once you embark. After the first show, they start making reservations, so it's best to go then so you have your best opportunity to get the day and time you want.

You will absolutely LOVE the class!

• Like 1

As an addendum......use the search feature and look for hot glass. There are lots of photos of the items you can make and how the payment goes for the different pieces.

2 minutes ago, CaroleSS said:

As an addendum......use the search feature and look for hot glass. There are lots of photos of the items you can make and how the payment goes for the different pieces.

Thank you so much for the help.

Kevin's Girl, I did the class on the Solstice and have a very beautiful yellow/white ornament for my Christmas tree. Celebrated our 50th anniversary. I don't regret spending the $$ for it. Have fun. 

• Like 1

The demo show will be during sailaway, and once they start the show they quit signing you up for times until done with the large glass piece they are doing.  So get there ahead of the scheduled time.  Don't book for the last day - glass really needs to sit overnight in a warm oven to avoid cracking.  Normally you do your piece and pick it up the next day.

Prices onboard may be cheaper if you choose a smaller piece than booking in advance where the price is fixed.  Recommend you bring some bubble wrap/tape with you.  They wrap them pretty well but we prefer more.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased the Hot Glass experience online a few months ahead of time. On both of my sailings on the Eclipse last fall, I got a call from the Hot Glass teacher on the cabin phone before sailaway with a choice of days and time. I loved that experience!

• Like 1

After the first show on day 1...are there more shows? And can you watch other people make thier pieces?

On 6/7/2024 at 4:34 PM, LeeW said:

The demo show will be during sailaway, and once they start the show they quit signing you up for times until done with the large glass piece they are doing.  So get there ahead of the scheduled time.  Don't book for the last day - glass really needs to sit overnight in a warm oven to avoid cracking.  Normally you do your piece and pick it up the next day.

Prices onboard may be cheaper if you choose a smaller piece than booking in advance where the price is fixed.  Recommend you bring some bubble wrap/tape with you.  They wrap them pretty well but we prefer more.  

For what it's worth, last month on Eclipse there were no pieces under $120 (the base cost of the class).

17 minutes ago, HLR said:

After the first show on day 1...are there more shows? And can you watch other people make thier pieces?

I didn't see another show on the schedule but you can just sit up there and watch other people make pieces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HLR said:

There are shows nearly every day......well, anytime the ship isn't in port. And yes, you can watch others make their pieces. I find the whole process fascinating, so enjoy watching the "masters" as well as the beginners!

• Like 1

It was a lot of fun. Also, be sure to wrap it well but if you're taking it in your carry-on, make sure it's accessible. When we went through airport security my piece alerted (the jellyfish which, in fairness, looks like a small warhead on xray). We had it overly wrapped up and buried in our carry-on and spent 15 minutes with security while they took everything out of the bag and unwrapped it to examined it. Security guy thought it was pretty cool though!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaroleSS said:

There are shows nearly every day......well, anytime the ship isn't in port. And yes, you can watch others make their pieces. I find the whole process fascinating, so enjoy watching the "masters" as well as the beginners!

Thanks to all who replied! I think that watching the process is fascinating!

• Like 1

Help, please!

I cannot see the option to purchase a hot glass class on my cruise planner for the 8/28 Eclipse cruise. It isn't under excursions or "special experiences", e.g. pizza making.

27 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Help, please!

I cannot see the option to purchase a hot glass class on my cruise planner for the 8/28 Eclipse cruise. It isn't under excursions or "special experiences", e.g. pizza making.

It is under Onboard Activities

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2024 at 4:34 PM, LeeW said:

Bringing bubble wrap is a great idea. Thanks.

My wife did it and it was fun. Just make sure to sign up as soon as possible, as the time slots go quickly. She didn't get one until the last day and then we had to pickup her piece from Guest Service on debarkation morning. Here is a video of my wife making hers.

• Like 1

@bigbenboys Found the way, thanks!

Purchased my class. How do I reserve the date/time?

Our very 1st Celebrity cruise was on the Eclipse in 2010. We've sailed her 4 more times since and never experienced the Hot Glass show or class. Looking forward to bringing home an amazing souvenir.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

@bigbenboys Found the way, thanks!

Purchased my class. How do I reserve the date/time?

Our very 1st Celebrity cruise was on the Eclipse in 2010. We've sailed her 4 more times since and never experienced the Hot Glass show or class. Looking forward to bringing home an amazing souvenir.

I've been told to go straight to the Hot Glass area as soon as we board to sign up for day and time for my class. I can't wait to do this, it will be our 4th Solstice class cruise but my first time trying this.

• Like 1

That's what we did. Got on the ship, grabbed our sea pass, went to sign up for our class to make sure we got an appointment for the first sea day of our sailing, then went to grab lunch.

• Like 1