Pirate's LIVE on Vista Again *June 9-15, 2024*

31 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

There will be 3 other ships in port with you on Sunday. I hope you have an easier parking/embarkation experience this time! Wonder is the one that causes the biggest traffic issues on Sundays, but mostly coming into the port from eastbound 528 late morning into early afternoon. It's a catch 22 at terminal 6 - if you don't go early, you get stuck in traffic. If you do go early, the garage may not be open yet. 🤷‍♀️ I think I would go early and chance it.

image.png.aa67687558a701b2f27a76b5e28e419c.png

Thanks for that info! Yeah, we are going to get up early, go have breakfast at Grills, and head to the port right after. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Along for the ride as well.

Welcome aboard! 

12 minutes ago, we b cruzin said:

Following along. Looking forward to sharing your adventure!

Thanks for tagging along!

• Like 1

Lookin forward to following this one for sure!

Curious minds want to know, who watches over the crew you leave behind at home?  That is always something that takes preplanning.  We were fortunate that we had a great pet sitter, but you have a farm of critters!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

Lookin forward to following this one for sure!

Curious minds want to know, who watches over the crew you leave behind at home?  That is always something that takes preplanning.  We were fortunate that we had a great pet sitter, but you have a farm of critters!

Luckily my mom watches everyone while we are away. The dog goes over to her place, and the cat stays in the camper and she checks her twice a day. The horses are already on her property. 

Now when she and I cruise together, it falls on the husbands....and that can be fun! They are not really horse savy, but between the 2 of them they make it work. 

• Like 9

Just purchased the Cheers package, as well as the Value WiFi plan.

Bags are mostly packed and ready to go, just gotta throw last minute items in on Saturday morning. 

Is it vacation time yet????

• Like 10

3 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Thanks for that info! Yeah, we are going to get up early, go have breakfast at Grills, and head to the port right after. 

The inside opens earlier but the tiki bar on the outside deck opens at 8:00 for breakfast. Enjoy, I love mornings at Grills!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

How do you check on the Park and cruise rate for the Home2Suites? I didn't see it on their website, do you have to call? I'm trying to decide where to stay in September (we are driving form NC, also). If you do that, do they offer a shuttle to/from the port (paid I would assume which is fine)?

Edited by straitlover1965

34 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

How do you check on the Park and cruise rate for the Home2Suites? I didn't see it on their website, do you have to call? I'm trying to decide where to stay in September (we are driving form NC, also). If you do that, do they offer a shuttle to/from the port (paid I would assume which is fine)?

When it has been available for booking before, it has been on their website. It had a shuttle to and from the port included. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

When it has been available for booking before, it has been on their website. It had a shuttle to and from the port included. 

I'll keep looking. I was debating between the County Inn &  Suites and the Radisson but have now added the Home2Suites to the mix. If we meet up with my niece, we will stay closer to Orlando, but if we don't, then we will stay on 95 and head on to the port. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

I'll keep looking. I was debating between the County Inn &  Suites and the Radisson but have now added the Home2Suites to the mix. If we meet up with my niece, we will stay closer to Orlando, but if we don't, then we will stay on 95 and head on to the port. Thanks!

Have you stayed at the Radisson recently? I use to love staying there pre-Covid, but when we did a land trip in 2021 and stayed there is had gone downhill really, really badly. That was why I ended up trying Home2Suites/Hampton Inn, I wanted a nicer, cleaner option. I was wondering if the Radisson had gotten better since. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

pirate - looking forward to following along on your cruise.What a nice treat for Chris cruising on his birthday.

Have a great cruise.

Jo

Hey Jo, good to "see" you!!

Chris is getting the rental truck all loaded up, gassed up, and ready for our early departure tomorrow morning. Now, I know I should be grateful the insurance company is allowing us to take it on the trip, but darn it…why’s it gotta be a Ford? First world problem I know, but we are Dodge people. So I’m saying this prayer before the trip: 

Dear Lord, please give us safe travels to FL. We’ve had enough bad luck with vehicles, and even tho Geico had the nerve to “grace” us with this lowly Ford, we are grateful. Give this hunk of aluminum the strength and power to transport us safely and efficiently to and from our destination, and then it can die in the Enterprise parking lot upon our return. Amen. 

Sorry any Ford people out there…I was raised in a die-hard Chevy family, and when I decided to rebel and bought a Ford, it was the only vehicle to leave me stranded…more than once! After that I went to a Chevy, which I loved, but when it was time to replace it I fell in love with Red, my old Dodge. I test drove a Chevy and Red, and, well, you know who won. I loved that truck, and cried when I traded her in for Maze.

But anyway…this post has gotten off track. It was just meant to say, the Hubs is packing the truck up, and tomorrow is travel day! Yahoo! Cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and whatever else that the Ford gets us to our destination safely! 

IMG_2681.jpeg

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, mikayla73 said:

Following along. 

All these lives and post trip reports are keeping me going until my cruise later this year.

Welcome aboard! 

• Like 1

Just now, pirate4me2 said:

Chris is getting the rental truck all loaded up, gassed up, and ready for our early departure tomorrow morning. Now, I know I should be grateful the insurance company is allowing us to take it on the trip, but darn it…why’s it gotta be a Ford? First world problem I know, but we are Dodge people. So I’m saying this prayer before the trip: 

Dear Lord, please give us safe travels to FL. We’ve had enough bad luck with vehicles, and even tho Geico had the nerve to “grace” us with this lowly Ford, we are grateful. Give this hunk of aluminum the strength and power to transport us safely and efficiently to and from our destination, and then it can die in the Enterprise parking lot upon our return. Amen. 

Sorry any Ford people out there…I was raised in a die-hard Chevy family, and when I decided to rebel and bought a Ford, it was the only vehicle to leave me stranded…more than once! After that I went to a Chevy, which I loved, but when it was time to replace it I fell in love with Red, my old Dodge. I test drove a Chevy and Red, and, well, you know who won. I loved that truck, and cried when I traded her in for Maze.

But anyway…this post has gotten off track. It was just meant to say, the Hubs is packing the truck up, and tomorrow is travel day! Yahoo! Cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and whatever else that the Ford gets us to our destination safely! 

IMG_2681.jpeg

couldn't agree more re FORD

19 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Have you stayed at the Radisson recently? I use to love staying there pre-Covid, but when we did a land trip in 2021 and stayed there is had gone downhill really, really badly. That was why I ended up trying Home2Suites/Hampton Inn, I wanted a nicer, cleaner option. I was wondering if the Radisson had gotten better since. 

I've only stayed there once with a cruise charter group back in 2016. I know the charter groups keep booking there, but maybe because they get a really good deal???

The Country Inn & Suites is closer to the port and was only $16 more than the Radisson for my dates. Main reason I was considering the Radisson was for the pool since we may be there 2 nights. 🙂 The Home@Suites was showing around $60 more per night than the CI&S ($226 vs $166 if memory serves), need to see if I can find a better deal.

Have a safe trip!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, straitlover1965 said:

I've only stayed there once with a cruise charter group back in 2016. I know the charter groups keep booking there, but maybe because they get a really good deal???

The Country Inn & Suites is closer to the port and was only $16 more than the Radisson for my dates. Main reason I was considering the Radisson was for the pool since we may be there 2 nights. 🙂 The Home@Suites was showing around $60 more per night than the CI&S ($226 vs $166 if memory serves), need to see if I can find a better deal.

Have a safe trip!!!

Radisson does have a really awesome pool!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

IMG_2681.jpeg

Mopar or no car!

• Like 1