Requirements to visit Europe?

We fly to Rome a week from today. I can’t believe it’s almost here now! It appears they have delayed getting a ETIAS until 2025. I do believe I need to do something to visit Venice though.  We will be spending 2 nights in a hotel there so I believe we will be exempt from paying but I seem to recall I need to fill out some form or something.  Is that all I need to take care of?  

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I do believe I need to do something to visit Venice though.  We will be spending 2 nights in a hotel there so I believe we will be exempt from paying but I seem to recall I need to fill out some form or something.  Is that all I need to take care of?  

It's only for very specific dates-- if you aren't visiting on one of those dates there's nothing to do. If you are there is a website where you can enter your info and apply for the exemption. You technically are still paying the fee but it is baked into your hotel's taxes. They say they will be checking at the airport, train station, and some other major entry points into the city but it sounds like a nightmare to enforce. 

You will need to use a phone when registering that can dial internationally as it will prompt you to call a number in Italy to verify it when filling out the website. 

19 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We fly to Rome a week from today. I can’t believe it’s almost here now! It appears they have delayed getting a ETIAS until 2025. I do believe I need to do something to visit Venice though.  We will be spending 2 nights in a hotel there so I believe we will be exempt from paying but I seem to recall I need to fill out some form or something.  Is that all I need to take care of?  

Excited for you! 

• Thanks 1