750 passengers - Emporium was chaos this morning

13 minutes ago, BartonX said:

Of course you are correct as well - 5 OT1 cabins are available for the first 7 day leg but not on the 2nd 7 day leg.

--CORRECTION --> There are OT1 cabins available on both legs but different cabin numbers. 😄 Hence, they would not allow to show them as available unless a pax would be willing to move cabins.

Since no OT1s are available on the 2nd leg, they are showing as not available if you try to book a 14 day sailing 🙂

To be 100% correct in the count one need to split the 14 day sailing into 2 separate legs. 

Real fun isn't it.  😜  We're all learning.  🧐

• Haha 1

Just now, At Sea At Peace said:

Real fun isn't it.  😜  We're all learning.  🧐

LOL

So true 🙂 and then all the cabins that are on hold for a few days before initial payment!

3 minutes ago, BartonX said:

LOL

So true 🙂 and then all the cabins that are on hold for a few days before initial payment!

Yep, yet another great variable.  We've got end of 2024 through end of 2025 cruises reserved and booked with such minimal deposits. Good point.

30 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

1.  The 14-day cruise window will show a different count (possibly for each stateroom category) due to split reservations from those with 7-day cruise windows!  😲

There is also a 14 day cruise Dec 13-27 BGI SJU 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BartonX said:

Of course you are correct as well - 5 OT1 cabins are available for the first 7 day leg but not on the 2nd 7 day leg.

--CORRECTION --> There are OT1 cabins available on both legs but different cabin numbers. 😄 Hence, they would not allow to show them as available unless a pax would be willing to move cabins.

Since no OT1s are available on the 2nd leg, they are showing as not available if you try to book a 14 day sailing 🙂

To be 100% correct in the count one need to split the 14 day sailing into 2 separate legs. 

Great posts everyone. Thank you for the info. I feel a little better about booking. 
What software are you guys using?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uktog said:

I am curious, did this itinerary have issues all the way from Miami or did new (additional) guests board somewhere along the line?

Approx 350 from Miami, approx 300 more in Lanzarote, then about another 100 in Casablanca

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, gaspari said:

Approx 350 from Miami, approx 300 more in Lanzarote, then about another 100 in Casablanca

As the cruise was not being sold from Lanzarote -and I doubt 300 islanders would go on a cruise at once, can I assume you are surrounded by a number of influences and travel agents?

And if it helps settle anyone’s fears, we had breakfast at Fil Rouge, lunch at Emporium and dinner at Med Yacht and all were good. Slow service at dinner but no wait to be seated and I didn’t book! 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, uktog said:

As the cruise was not being sold from Lanzarote -and I doubt 300 islanders would go on a cruise at once, can I assume you are surrounded by a number of influences and travel agents?

It was sold in the UK and Europe from Lanzarote, and plenty of regular guests, as well as agents, who also joined in Casablanca. Overall a very nice quite smart mixed clientele though.

Edited by gaspari
  • Like 3

We were on the Christmas cruise and there were 700+ passengers.  There was only one time that the staff was overwhelmed during a meal service.  They quickly bounced back.  The rest of the cruise was seamless.  We were on a Crystal cruise a few years ago and the ship was at capacity.  We had  a similar experience at the buffet during the first at sea day. It was a mess.  They too bounced back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, boooomer said:

Great posts everyone. Thank you for the info. I feel a little better about booking. 
What software are you guys using?

Presume everyone is using one of the internet TAs that can do online booking showing all available cabins.  Cannot mention names.  

Two cautions.

These sites show cabins that are released for booking by revenue management.  It does not mean that all cabins are released.  Cruise lines hold back cabins even whole decks from booking. Seabourn does this a lot. 

Many of these cruise cabins were sold last thanksgiving during their 50% off Black Friday sale. The deposit for us on an OT3 was only $800 (10 percent). I would wait until final payment before counting cabins and these counts are likely to go down, unless another last minute sale.  

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, PaulMCO said:

Presume everyone is using one of the internet TAs that can do online booking showing all available cabins.  Cannot mention names.  

Two cautions.

These sites show cabins that are released for booking by revenue management.  It does not mean that all cabins are released.  Cruise lines hold back cabins even whole decks from booking. Seabourn does this a lot. 

Many of these cruise cabins were sold last thanksgiving during their 50% off Black Friday sale. The deposit for us on an OT3 was only $800 (10 percent). I would wait until before counting cabins and these counts are likely to go down, unless another last minute sale.  

All the booking opportunities im seeing now are from the Explora website. Apparently they themselves are holding back available cabins.

And currently there’s large variance in fares between non refundable full payment  and fares with deposits.

Maybe I should wait until Thanksgiving to book.

Bernie

Posted (edited)

That would make sense as both my bookings are showing as 11 available cabins for Each of OT2-4 which makes me agree with the previous post that they are only releasing a certain number 

Edited by CruiseCrew123

2 minutes ago, boooomer said:

All the booking opportunities im seeing now are from the Explora website. Apparently they themselves are holding back available cabins.

And currently there’s large variance in fares between non refundable full payment  and fares with deposits.

Maybe I should wait until Thanksgiving to book.

Bernie

I would agree certainly with the 2024/25 Caribbean season.  They will likely have a sale but it might be non refundable because so close in.  

• Like 1