Luminae (Apex) 13 Night Cruise

Ranasa

Hi All:

We are on a 13 night cruise in early August out of Southampton on Apex and staying in a sky suite.

I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer - does anyone know if the menu in Luminae for dinner just repeats after Day 7?  The app currently reads "venue closed" after Day 8 probably because it's too far away but I am trying to plan out our specialty dining nights and was hoping for some clarity on menu choices for a cruise of this length.

Any help folks can provide is much appreciated!

Thanks - Sarah

48 minutes ago, Ranasa said:

Hi All:

We are on a 13 night cruise in early August out of Southampton on Apex and staying in a sky suite.

I did a search but couldn't find a clear answer - does anyone know if the menu in Luminae for dinner just repeats after Day 7?  The app currently reads "venue closed" after Day 8 probably because it's too far away but I am trying to plan out our specialty dining nights and was hoping for some clarity on menu choices for a cruise of this length.

Any help folks can provide is much appreciated!

Thanks - Sarah

You should have 13 different menus, up to #15 IIRC. 

I would not use the menus that are currently in the app to plan specialty dinners. The menus that are most likely placeholders and may not actually be that night's menu. They can switch until right before the cruise. 

I posted the complete set of new Menus .      This was from Apex when they first released them and I don't believe they have changed since.  

Days may shift due to the cruise schedule so the can align Chic nights with the better menus. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 5:30 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I posted the complete set of new Menus .      This was from Apex when they first released them and I don't believe they have changed since.  

Days may shift due to the cruise schedule so the can align Chic nights with the better menus. 

In Nov 2023, I was in contact with a rep in the Celebrity Executive Office and he advised me that after many complaints about the new menu selections, they were going to go back to the original menus.  I would be interested if anyone currently on the Apex would post the Luminae menus as we're sailing in several months.

Edited by shirazcruiser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shirazcruiser said:

In Nov 2023, I was in contact with a rep in the Celebrity Executive Office and he advised me that after many complaints about the new menu selections, they were going to go back to the original menus.  I would be interested if anyone currently on the Apex would post the Luminae menus as we're sailing in several months.

You can look up the current sailing of the Apex in the app, and see the menus that are being serviced now. 

17 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You can look up the current sailing of the Apex in the app, and see the menus that are being serviced now. 

I didn't think I would see it this far out for my Oct sailing....thanks!  Luminae always has Filet Mignon on the 1st night...I see Sirloin!!!  Really?

29 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I didn't think I would see it this far out for my Oct sailing....thanks!  Luminae always has Filet Mignon on the 1st night...I see Sirloin!!!  Really?

It is still on Day 1 Menu - It is way too far out for the menus for your Oct trip to be reliable.   Now whether they have day 1 menu on day one is a different story.

Current Infinity cruise, Filet is on Day 7.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I was saying that you can look at the current sailing to see menus.  They may not be in the same order of 

• Thanks 1

Interesting, since when we were on the Solstice from late March to early May, the were rolling out the new menus.  For example, on the first cruise, the special Daniel Boulud menu had the old menu (with the raspberry Vachain) every night.  On the second and third cruise they mixed it up, some nights that, some nights the new menu with chocolate pill.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Can you please tell me how to do that on the app?

You open the app -  Top the Head Icon

Under Booking --- Select a Different Cruise

At very Bottom "Don't See your Cruise"?  Click Let's add it now

Under the box to add a booking ---- Choose Browse our Ships

Select Ship and then Select current cruise.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks, Jim I was at a appointment and couldn’t reply to @shriazcruiser

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thank you so much! I never knew you could do that. After looking at the current sailing and the next one, they show Sirloin steak on the 1st night in Luminae and not Filet mignon as I’ve had in Luminae every single Celebrity cruise I’ve sailed on. I hope that’s a mistake. 

Edited by shirazcruiser

2 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thank you so much! I never knew you could do that. After looking at the current sailing and the next one, they show Sirloin steak on the 1st night in Luminae and not Filet mignon as I’ve had in Luminae every single Celebrity cruise I’ve sailed on. I hope that’s a mistake. 

If it's sirloin and you want Filet you may be able to ask for it.  On Apex in December, I pretty much ordered a filet almost every night.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

I have a feeling it is not a mistake.    We were on a B2B on Edge in April and they had the Sirloin on the first day of both cruises.    As Abby said.... at lunch on boarding ask the Maitre 'd if you can get a Filet for Dinner....

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, abbydancer2003 said:

If it's sirloin and you want Filet you may be able to ask for it.  On Apex in December, I pretty much ordered a filet almost every night.

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have a feeling it is not a mistake.    We were on a B2B on Edge in April and they had the Sirloin on the first day of both cruises.    As Abby said.... at lunch on boarding ask the Maitre 'd if you can get a Filet for Dinner....

Thanks! We've ordered Filets when there wasn't anything that appealed to us on the menu; however, it's the point that the amount you pay for a suite to now remove the better cut of beef that has been a standard on their menu. We began sailing with Celebrity just months after Luminae was created and only sail in a suite. Disappointing!

Edited by shirazcruiser