Thermal suite robes?

I’ve watched a number of videos of the thermal suite on Joy and it seems like absolutely everyone is in those robes.  Is it expected you wear the robes? I am not really into it, it’s warm in there so why do I need a heavy robe?  What is the norm.  I’d rather a swimsuit coverup to enter and then nothing at all.  Maybe people feel robes are a luxury?  Any advice is appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grouchomarx said:

I’ve watched a number of videos of the thermal suite on Joy and it seems like absolutely everyone is in those robes.  Is it expected you wear the robes? I am not really into it, it’s warm in there so why do I need a heavy robe?  What is the norm.  I’d rather a swimsuit coverup to enter and then nothing at all.  Maybe people feel robes are a luxury?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Some do, some don’t. I don’t!

• Like 1

I've been in the Thermal Spa on eight cruises and never wore a rode. T-shirt, bathing suite and flip flops

Nope. Robes optional. Some wear them. Some/most don't. They are low quality robes that are one-size-fits-all. And they don't fit well on some [many] of the people in the Thermal Suite. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. Robes optional. Some wear them. Some/most don't. They are low quality robes that are one-size-fits-all. And they don't fit well on some [many] of the people in the Thermal Suite. 

Just got back from a cruise on the Joy where I spent a lot of time in the Thermal Spa. While I would agree that the robes are a one size fits all, I strongly disagree that they are of low quality. 

I'm fat. The robes don't fit. I just wander around showing off my fine figure to everyone. No t-shirt, no robe, no nothing. Well, I do put a bathing suit on - no dangly bits (had to steal your term @BirdTravels, because it makes me giggle every time I see you write it) dangling. My husband loves me for who I am, ergo I don't care what others think.